17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
How secure was that shooting suspect if he was on his phone and posing for a picture? No handcuffs? Doesn't sound very secure to me.
Has it been incontrovertibly shown that the police were present at the time of the photograph?

From closed thread.

Listen to the tone/change in Zimmerman's voice from the start to the end of the 911 call. It starts out to dispatch he's concerned and worried, as it continues he became angry and swearing, (this guy could get away). By the time he talks about giving his address, (this is near the end of the tape where I think he saw Martin and where I stated I heard the other voice that came through in the background on the tape.) And when he quietly and calmly says: "yeah, you got it" to the dispatch, all the concern, worry and anger seems to be gone from his tone. Maybe he was using the moment as a form of defense and part of his alibi? There wasn't much time left and to me he sounded sure of himself at that point. Like a jungle cat. He was armed, he was hidden, was watching, yet could not be seen and within seconds he would end his phone call and they would come face to face. This was his story and the call to dispatch was all part of making sure they would believe his version. A slam dunk. What could go wrong?

Trayvon being on the phone with his girlfriend is what went wrong. He didn't realize that.

~jmo~

What leads you to believe this? I'm only seeing that he attempted to make contact with the subject. Smith's the only one mentioning having someone at gunpoint from what I see.

Trayvon has his hands under him, nobody knew if Trayvon was alive or dead. He could have been laying there with a gun in his hands. If there was no worry then Ayala would have gone up to him and checked for a pulse. Instead he waits for Raimondo to show up and check him while he keeps him covered. IMO

Has it been incontrovertibly shown that the police were present at the time of the photograph?

We know what time the police arrived on the scene and we know what time the picture was taken so I'd think it's safe to assume that they were there when the photo was taken.

~jmo~

Which begs the question, if the police were not present at the time of the photo then how did the photographer see the powder burns on TM's hoodie, since he was on his stomach...IF the Officer did his job and told him to clear the area as soon as he discovered that he was not a part of the scene ?

Just the little nit picky stuff,

Trayvon being on the phone with his girlfriend is what went wrong. He didn't realize that.

~jmo~

Trayvon being from a home in the neighborhood, rather than a random , also went wrong.

IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think so.

And just jumping off your post...

He wasn't posing for the picture IMO.
It was of the back of his head.

How in the world do you shoot a dog in a neighborhood and not endanger every neighbor around?

I have been faced with very similar dog problems and I have thought about shooting the dog but how do you know where that bullet is going to end up? Not like you are out in the woods somewhere. I have thought about using a baseball bat but then it is just blaming the dog for being a dog and not the irresponsible owners.

I decided just to keep calling the cops till something was done and it was. They told the people they would lose the dog if it happened one more time. That made them keep them tied up.

Why would you just jump to getting a gun. Makes no sense and I don't believe the story.

A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain.

The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray.

The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

'Don't use pepper spray,' he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. 'It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you,' he said.

'Get a gun.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1t6k8irMe

Pretty dangerous in a close knit neighborhood, I live in the country, rural area. Because we own farm animals we are allowed to shoot say a coyote if it's getting into our livestock, we're even allowed to shoot a neighbors dog in the same scenario, because there are leash laws here.
But in a neighborhood such as a gated community it's ridiculous for a animal control officer to even mention "get a gun". There are many other fixes for a situation such as GZ's, I can imagine that as soon as GZ heard "get a gun" he threw all his other options went out the window IMO

Wouldn't Zimmerman have been a minor then?
He is 28 now. His birthday is in October so he might have been 17. If so, then yes and those records/details are sealed to almost everyone.

I don't think so.

And just jumping off your post...

He wasn't posing for the picture IMO.
It was of the back of his head.

Was GZ wearing a hat that night? Do we know?

Which begs the question, if the police were not present at the time of the photo then how did the photographer see the powder burns on TM's hoodie, since he was on his stomach...IF the Officer did his job and told him to clear the area as soon as he discovered that he was not a part of the scene ?

Just the little nit picky stuff,

:banghead:

Again, the two are not mutually exclusive. The photographer could have taken the picture and still been there when the body was rolled over. He could have gone back to the porch when police arrived and then walked back over towards Martin. Zimmerman could have walked towards police and the photographer could have stayed into an area proximal to Martin... There are a million scenarios that could have played out for this to occur.

Was GZ wearing a hat that night? Do we know?

I've never seen mention of a hat on any official report.
I don't know.

Trayvon being from a home in the neighborhood, rather than a random , also went wrong.

IMO

Thanks Etilema - you are absolutely correct about that as well.

~jmo~

Dershowitz doesn't mince words, lol.....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-overreached-with-murder-charge/

Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge

“If I were this prosecutor, I’d be hiring a lawyer at this point,” Dershowitz said of Angela Cory, the Florida state attorney and special prosecutor who Gov. Rick Scott appointed to handle the case.

Dershowitz leveled his bombshell charges in an interview Wednesday with Fox News' Megyn Kelly. The Harvard law professor, noted for winning an acquittal of Claus Von Bulow in the case that inspired the film “Reversal of Fortune,” said Cory overreached by charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder. And he said the affidavit she filed in support of the charges was illegal because it did not include evidence favorable to Zimmerman.

“This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a crime.”

He is 28 now. His birthday is in October so he might have been 17. If so, then yes and those records/details are sealed to almost everyone.

It sure didn't stop anyone from digging into Trayvon's background though.

~jmo~

Pretty dangerous in a close knit neighborhood, I live in the country, rural area. Because we own farm animals we are allowed to shoot say a coyote if it's getting into our livestock, we're even allowed to shoot a neighbors dog in the same scenario, because there are leash laws here.
But in a neighborhood such as a gated community it's ridiculous for a animal control officer to even mention "get a gun". There are many other fixes for a situation such as GZ's, I can imagine that as soon as GZ heard "get a gun" he threw all his other options went out the window IMO
In some towns there are even ordinances that specifically pertain to discharging a weapon. It is against the law in some localities and areas within the jurisdiction.

Here is the code for Virginia. If Gz had done what he did in Virginia he would have been breaking the law.
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/2005 Summary of Virginia Firearms Laws.pdf

Don't know about FLorida...guess its time to research that, too.

:banghead:

Again, the two art not mutually exclusive. The photographer could have taken the picture and still been there when the body was rolled over. He could have gone back to the porch when police arrived and then walked back over towards Martin. Zimmerman could have walked towards police and the photographer could have stayed into an area proximal to Martin... There are a million scenarios that could have played out for this to occur.

What porch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member