TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBI Special Agent John Mehr remained tight-lipped on reports that blood was found in the garage where Bobo was reportedly abducted, stating the agency won’t comment and fuel the “rumor mill.” Mehr did state that a $25,000 reward is still being offered for information leading to the rescue of Holly Bobo, and the capture and prosecution of her abductor.

Mehr also said that the TBI and FBI are investigating leads from around the country, and they plan to “exhaust all leads” in their investigation into her disappearance.The Shelby County Sheriff's Office is also assisting in the search.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/new...holly-bobo-mfo-20110416?utm_source=NeoMemphis

Seriously. :banghead:

They CONFIRM there was "an area of blood found near the door there",
in this video. (The video where they also SHOW duct tape that was found.)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo...ues-emerge-search-continues/story?id=13389409

I guess that Lt Willbanks (who I personally prefer) doesn't count as law enforcement? Since they then said in the press conference today that they wouldn't confirm the blood, law enforcement didn't report the blood and they aren't going to feed the rumor mill? :eek:

http://twitter.com/jill_monier

You won't confirm the blood?

You already DID.

Really guys... it doesn't work that way.

You find a car and it isn't related? Fine, say that.

"Yes, we did find a car but quickly determined it was unrelated to our case."

Really, very simple.

Don't deny that there WAS a car to begin with. You can't take it back, it was heard.

Somebody talked about the blood when they weren't supposed to?

Fine, just say "I can't comment on any physical evidence at the scene, it is part of our investigation."

All of this trying to "take it back once it's said" is just making everyone look incompetent. :waitasec: :(

ah, thanks you answered my question while I was typing it.

LE thinks her books went missing with her? I agree ... that's odd.

This has always been one of the weirdest things to me about my cousin's case.

My cousin's books were found with her body. She didn't have a backpack.

Despite the initial abduction, the driving an hour, the murder itself which happened who knows where, then the having to drag/carry the body 1/2 mile or more past bodies of water.... Why would you keep the books with her? Why would you lug a body AND the books that far to dump them both? Why not dump the books in a dumpster, field, or water somewhere else?

It happens... but doesn't make any sense to me.

TBI Special Agent John Mehr remained tight-lipped on reports that blood was found in the garage where Bobo was reportedly abducted, stating the agency won’t comment and fuel the “rumor mill.” Mehr did state that a $25,000 reward is still being offered for information leading to the rescue of Holly Bobo, and the capture and prosecution of her abductor.

Mehr also said that the TBI and FBI are investigating leads from around the country, and they plan to “exhaust all leads” in their investigation into her disappearance.The Shelby County Sheriff's Office is also assisting in the search.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/new...holly-bobo-mfo-20110416?utm_source=NeoMemphis
Thanks Nurse.
Shelby County..................why????I would have thought Nashville,Tn.

Seriously. :banghead:

They CONFIRM there was "an area of blood found near the door there",
in this video. (The video where they also SHOW duct tape that was found.)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo...ues-emerge-search-continues/story?id=13389409

I guess that Lt Willbanks (who I personally prefer) doesn't count as law enforcement? Since they then said in the press conference today that they wouldn't confirm the blood, law enforcement didn't report the blood and they aren't going to feed the rumor mill? :eek:

http://twitter.com/jill_monier

You won't confirm the blood?

You already DID.

Really guys... it doesn't work that way.

You find a car and it isn't related? Fine, say that.

"Yes, we did find a car but quickly determined it was unrelated to our case."

Really, very simple.

Don't deny that there WAS a car to begin with. You can't take it back, it was heard.

Somebody talked about the blood when they weren't supposed to?

Fine, just say "I can't comment on any physical evidence at the scene, it is part of our investigation."

All of this trying to "take it back once it's said" is just making everyone look incompetent. :waitasec: :(

This has always been one of the weirdest things to me about my cousin's case.

My cousin's books were found with her body. She didn't have a backpack.

Despite the initial abduction, the driving an hour, the murder itself which happened who knows where, then the having to drag/carry the body 1/2 mile or more past bodies of water.... Why would you keep the books with her? Why would you lug a body AND the books that far to dump them both? Why not dump the books in a dumpster, field, or water somewhere else?

It happens... but doesn't make any sense to me.
they are trying to unexplode a firework...

cannot happen...

Ok so as far as I can tell it goes like this...

Suspect does not break into or enter the house. Nothing is heard outside per se. Brother is inside. Holly goes outside. It is assumed she is going to school. For some reason the brother sees her being dragged/led into the woods. The suspect may be holding her hand, arm, or have his arm around her. Brother does not suspect anything at that time. At some point (an hour?) later, the brother possibly finds blood of an undetermined type ourside in the car port. At that time he becomes suspicious and calls his mother and 911. At some point someone else called 911 (mother? or a neighbor? who may/may not have heard screams). So LE arrives at the house. A search is begun. Dogs aparently do not get a trail but LE seems to pursue the suspect and/or Holly at various times implying they are on foot. Holly's lunch box/lunch bag is found by the road/creek some 8 miles away. It is said that it could have been thrown from a vehicle. Some reports say there was food in it. Contradictory reports say a car containing camo clothing and other items was found. Likewise reports say her phone was found but then no car. If the phone was found where was it if it was not in a car. Some reports and video evidence seem to imply that a strip of duct tape with blonde hair was found. Last night it seemed the police and searchers were pursuing someone, asking people to work at night and in bad weather. Today nothing new has surfaced and there is talk of searching in other counties or states. Stories of what has happened have changed somewhat either through bad reporting or people changing their stories or being unclear about what did or did not happen and what was or was not found.

This would constipate Sherlock Holmes

If she was not taken quickly to a vehicle, her books, etc...should have been found by now...who was going to carry all that stuff, while he is trying to restrain her, etc...

I'm loosing hope and have been for a while

The more tight-lipped LE is, the less hope I lose. I really feel like they are so tightly guarding what is released, trying so hard to dictate the message that is getting out there, that they must think the abductor is listening and that Holly is still alive.

Maybe just Pollyanna, though....

Shelby Co. is Memphis.

Davidson Co. is Nashville.

This town is in West TN, probably slightly closer to Memphis than Nashville, but not close to either, really.

Ok so as far as I can tell it goes like this...

Suspect does not break into or enter the house. Nothing is heard outside per se. Brother is inside. Holly goes outside. It is assumed she is going to school. For some reason the brother sees her being dragged/led into the woods. The suspect may be holding her hand, arm, or have his arm around her. Brother does not suspect anything at that time. At some point (an hour?) later, the brother possibly finds blood of an undetermined type ourside in the car port. At that time he becomes suspicious and calls his mother and 911. At some point someone else called 911 (mother? or a neighbor? who may/may not have heard screams). So LE arrives at the house. A search is begun. Dogs aparently do not get a trail but LE seems to pursue the suspect and/or Holly at various times implying they are on foot. Holly's lunch box/lunch bag is found by the road/creek some 8 miles away. It is said that it could have been thrown from a vehicle. Some reports say there was food in it. Contradictory reports say a car containing camo clothing and other items was found. Likewise reports say her phone was found but then no car. If the phone was found where was it if it was not in a car. Some reports and video evidence seem to imply that a strip of duct tape with blonde hair was found. Last night it seemed the police and searchers were pursuing someone, asking people to work at night and in bad weather. Today nothing new has surfaced and there is talk of searching in other counties or states. Stories of what has happened have changed somewhat either through bad reporting or people changing their stories or being unclear about what did or did not happen and what was or was not found.

This would constipate Sherlock Holmes

Brilliant post!!!
The Sherlock observation gets post of the day for me!!!:floorlaugh:

I'll leave the window open, but I'm going to close early, pick up the mail, and take a walk in the park.

Thanks for the day, friends....

Fine. LE doesn't want to fuel the rumor mill....ok....then clear up what is fact and what is rumor!! And, FGS, tell the public what to look for!! Did the brother see this guy or not?? What is so difficult about that?? Protect the brother or find Holly. :banghead:

it is official: I now know less than what I knew an hour ago

LOL.

yes, that would be the objective of a good LE presser.

But ... two things we do know, that we didn't know before. The FBI is involved, and, therefore, the pressers will ... likely... become less & less informative.

:(

1 hour 49 minutes, driving, from Nashville to Darden.
2 hours 10 minutes, driving, from Memphis to Darden.

Jackson (Madison Co.) would be the biggest city close to Darden. Just trying to give you some idea of where this town is.

Maybe they do not want to focus on the blood now, since they have not found her. Yesterday, it seemed as though they were about to find her any minute and more than 24 hours later, nothing much has changed. I almost feel as though they gave some sort of false hope yesterday, when they called out the whole town to search as though they were positive she was in those woods...and now they are saying they are looking into other states?

It is really confusing and they (LE) have made it so.

nice one Carla.
Early conflicting reports certainly make me feel cynical.
We can hope Sherlock's remembered to bring his stool softener.

Holly, her family, LE & the volunteers are all in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288