GUILTY AL - Carrie 'Elaine' Gentry, 64, Shelby County, 28 Mar 2012

via @myfoxal
BREAKING: Shelby County Sheriff confirms there is an unidentified body inside the vehicle belonging to Elaine Gentry.

Sadly, this thread will now need to be moved. Elaine Gentry's body was positively ID'd today.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/04/body_identified_as_elaine_gent/857/comments-2.html

Body identified as Elaine Gentry, homicide suspected, sheriff says

The body found in a vehicle recovered from a quarry in Leeds has been positively identified as that of Carrie Elaine Gentry, and authorities now consider the case a homicide, the Shelby County Sheriff's Office said today.

Take note of the comments section....I believe some of those may become important to how this story unfolds in the coming days.

I'll be curious to find out why they are so sure this is foul play. I can see ruling out an accident, if the cliff is behind a gate... but obviously the car *did* get through the gate somehow. Why not suicide?

It seems like there's something else they're keeping back.

I'll be curious to find out why they are so sure this is foul play. I can see ruling out an accident, if the cliff is behind a gate... but obviously the car *did* get through the gate somehow. Why not suicide?

I get the same feeling. There really hasn't been a lot of reporting on this story, so the info we have to go on is limited, but I keep remembering 1 comment a local tv news reporter made the day the car was initially located. They stated that LE had already received 1 tip since the car was located in the quarry and it involved who had access to the location. I'm not sure if that means access to the locked gate or to the property in general, but I'm assuming the list had to be relatively short either way.

Here is a link to Tender Mercies Ministries - http://www.tendermerciesministries.org/index.html

Even though I live in the area, I am not familiar with Tender Mercies and had never heard of it prior to this case. I developed my own opinion after reading through all of the info on the website, but I will reserve sharing that opinion until I hear from others b/c I don't want to jump to any conclusions. I will say, I have a feeling this case involved money in some way, which isn't really a stretch since most do in one way or another...lol.

Investigators are examing the vehicle for evidence that will help prosecutors, and blood and DNA evidence already has been submitted for testing.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/04/body_identified_as_elaine_gent.html

I'm guessing it was very apparent it was a homicide, as most people don't shoot themselves and then drive into a quarry. It could be a stabbing, shooting, or a brutal beating; but whoever did it didn't want her body or her car found. Maybe her body was in the trunk?

There was also the mention of her being troubled...and I'd certainly like to know what that is about. LE has a pretty good firm idea of who did it and the motive, imo.

This reminds of the Gail Palmgren case in TN (she also had ties to AL). Although this LE was "active" and not put off with big attorneys hired by her husband. JMO, IMO, etc.

I've heard of Tender Mercies Ministries, but not sure that is the same. I thought it was for recovering alcoholics. Maybe they've broadened their scope. Anyway, sometimes people who work in this type of service field find themselves in danger because some of the people they serve are unstable. I remember a homeless advocate who was murdered by a homeless man, for one.

It could be that someone she tried to help was looking for drug or alcohol money. Did she maybe talk to her son about signs of an attempted burglary, or report to him about some missing money?

I've heard of Tender Mercies Ministries, but not sure that is the same. I thought it was for recovering alcoholics. Maybe they've broadened their scope. Anyway, sometimes people who work in this type of service field find themselves in danger because some of the people they serve are unstable. I remember a homeless advocate who was murdered by a homeless man, for one.

It could be that someone she tried to help was looking for drug or alcohol money. Did she maybe talk to her son about signs of an attempted burglary, or report to him about some missing money?

This was my first thought as well when I read that she was a minister, but after reading more about Tender Mercies Ministries I'm not so sure that's the case now, even though it very well could be.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/08/shelby_county_man_accused_of_k.html

Gentry in August 2012 pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect to the single capital murder charge contained in the indictment dated June 2012. The indictment accuses him of killing Carrie Elaine Gentry between March 28 and 29, 2012...

The indictment alleges Daniel Gentry killed his grandmother by possibly stabbing her with a knife, striking her with a hammer, choking her or causing her asphyxiation with his hands or other object...

Bostick said the capital murder case means the potential punishment for Gentry if convicted includes the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

From August 2015:

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com...e-without-parole-for-killing-his-grandmother/

A Shelby County man charged with killing his grandmother in 2012 has been convicted of capital murder and sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange announced on Aug. 25.

Daniel Scott Gentry, 27, formerly of Chelsea, pleaded guilty to the March 28, 2012 murder of his grandmother, 64-year-old Carrie Elaine Gentry, at her home on Chelsea Road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back