Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sketch that was released has me wondering how tall Doug is. Doug knows people in that part of Michigan, according to his My Space, wonder if he got someone else to do this ?
I believe it was either in a report or maybe the MSP release, he's 5'11" / 250 lbs.

I don't know that I would hire the scrawniest guy I could find...5'5-5'8 150 lbs...that is a small man...jmo

douglas_harrie_stewart_ctc_20100426160455_320_240.JPG
sketch_20100506125229_320_240.JPG

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/suspicious-person-in-Venus-Stewart-case

Well this sketch is OBVIOUSLY not Doug Stewart...apparently this guy came out of the woods about a mile away from the location where Venus disappeared and was asking where he was...I find this strange.

WIC for sure; TANF and food stamps? That's more involved, and it could be the parents' income is calculated too. For food stamps, I believe there has to be separate storage and possibly even cooking facilities (or some way to separate them from the others living in the household).

No, her parents' income isn't calculated in either TANF or Food Stamps in Michigan. Their income would be calculated and included if she were under 18 with dependent children. But because she us over 18 she would probably be eligible for both TANF and FS immediately, and she would not be required to participate in "workfare" because her children are young.

It's my opinion that Doug either did it himself or had someone else do it for him. I hope LE is looking at all of his connections.

I don't know that I would hire the scrawniest guy I could find...5'5-5'8 150 lbs...that is a small man...jmo

No doubt. A 150 lb. man picking her up high enough so that she could kick against the propane tank, all the while holding her mouth to keep her from screaming?

No, her parents' income isn't calculated in either TANF or Food Stamps in Michigan. Their income would be calculated and included if she were under 18 with dependent children. But because she us over 18 she would probably be eligible for both TANF and FS immediately, and she would not be required to participate in "workfare" because her children are young.
Ah... isn't it Federal law that parents DO have to participate after the child is a certain age (and much younger than hers IIRC)? I'll have to look that up again; was actually checking on that very thing not long ago.

There is something wrong with this guy and that video proves it.

I know! I can't in my wildest dreams imagine joking about strap-ons up the butt with kids that age.

I have a pretty raunchy sense of humor--I'm not a prude... but never would I joke with my son's friends or my young family members about that topic. And then tell them I'm going to put it all on the internet so everyone can see.

Just.... GROSS.

Participant Requirements

Work requirements

(referencing Federal law): Recipients must participate in work activities after reaching a trigger limit of no more than 24 months. States determine work requirements for families but lose some federal funds if a sufficient portion of their caseload does not meet federal work participation criteria.

"FIP" is their TANF program. I notice they have a cap of 48 months lifetime rather than 60.

You may be excused from FIP or RAP work rules if you are:

• Under the age of 16.
  • Age 65 or older.
  • A parent of a baby less than three (3) months old. You may be assigned to family strengthening activities once the baby is six weeks old.
  • A parent of a child who is active with Early On®.
  • Working 40 hours per week.
  • Age 16-19, in school full-time, and expected to graduate before age 20.
  • Caring for a child or spouse with a disability (depending on the person's needs and the child's school attendance).
  • A person with a disability or medical limitations.
  • Experiencing a temporary critical event such as domestic violence (determined by DHS)

But then this:

You may be excused from FAP work rules if you are:
  • Age 60 or older.
  • Personally caring for a child under the age of six (6) who is receiving FAP on your case.
  • Working 30 hours per week or earning at least minimum wage times 30 hours per week.
  • Attending high school, adult education, or in a GED program for at least half-time.
  • Injured, ill or personally caring for household member with a disability.
  • Seven - nine (7-9) months pregnant.
  • Pregnant with medical complications.
  • Applying for FAP at a Social Security office.
  • In substance abuse treatment or rehabilitation.
  • Applying for or receiving unemployment benefits.
  • Appealing denial of unemployment benefits.

It appears that after your child is over 3 months of age, you're required to try to find work. But that site is a mess. So who knows.

No doubt. A 150 lb. man picking her up high enough so that she could kick against the propane tank, all the while holding her mouth to keep her from screaming?

My ex was 6', 145 lbs soaking wet. He was strong as hell tho'.

State Police Forensics Teams from Michigan are pouring over the two vehicles owned by Douglas Stewart, who remains a person of interest in the abduction of his wife, Venus, from a home in St. Joseph County. A copy of the search warrant says they want to test for dirt, plant material, or any other evidence that shows the truck was driven to Michigan recently.

They are also looking for blood, hair, or other signs it may have been used for an abduction. They also want to compare tire treads on the Dodge Ram with plaster casts of tracks left in a field near the Colon Township home where Venus Stewart was staying with her parents. Her father, Larry McComb, says that he may have been stalking her and snatched her when she came out to put mail in the mailbox.

A woman who lives in the neighborhood says she saw a pickup, roughly matching the description of Stewart’s crew cab, parked in that field that morning, with a man crouching down behind it. Doug Stewart says he has no knowledge of her disappearance, and was in Virginia when it happened. He says he hopes police find her alive for the sake of their children.

MORE: http://www.wkzo.com/news/articles/2010/may/06/search-continues-missing-woman/

I'm so glad that search warrant is casting such a wide net. I really think that, if there's something to find, they will find it.

I'm wondering if he hhired someone to take her, and let them use his truck? Which would be stupid, but most criminals are..

I'm wondering if he hhired someone to take her, and let them use his truck? Which would be stupid, but most criminals are..
He could have done that, since he has two vehicles.

I wonder if Venus even had a car, it sounds like he kept both vehicles even though she had two small children to take care of. Jerk.

vw939.jpg

- State police have released the sketch of a man who they would like to talk to regarding the disappearance of Venus Stewart.

Police are looking for a man described as a white male, in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 150 to 160 pounds, and last seen in the area of Adams Lake -- a mile from Stewart's parents' home.

This man is not considered a suspect at this time. Witnesses say he was acting suspicious prior to Stewart's disappearance.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/suspicious-person-in-Venus-Stewart-case

I hope LE goes back and search that area for her, she could be buried in that general area. LE didn't find 9yo Elizabeth Olten and they searched an area for 2 days. 15yo Alyssa Bustamante showed where she buried her in the woods..

I will be surprised that a man who would be asking where he is of a stranger turns out to be involved...nothing like calling attention to himself and be remembered...i know criminals are not rocket scientists but still...(well, some are actual rocket scientists, but whatever)

Also we don't know that he kept two vehicles so she could not have one...that is a big jump to make...

I will be surprised that a man who would be asking where he is of a stranger turns out to be involved...nothing like calling attention to himself and be remembered...i know criminals are not rocket scientists but still...(well, some are actual rocket scientists, but whatever)

Also we don't know that he kept two vehicles so she could not have one...that is a big jump to make...
He did have two vehicles, but no, I don't know if she had one for herself or not.

Have done some digging.

Doug's father has a rural farm in the Leonidas community about 7 miles drive from Driftwood Drive. I hope LE is looking along that route--there are several easily accessible lakes on the way, plus at Doug's father's place, he'd have access to a tractor (can't remember if it has a front-end loader on the video) and plenty of rural acreage to hide a body. Only speculating this because police continue to say that he's the only person of interest in this case.

In my opinion, police are putting too much weight on the eye-witness account at Adam's Lake. They should be looking between Driftwood Drive and the Leonidas community.

All speculation and my opinion only.

I wonder how she got to Michigan from Virginia with two small kids? Did she fly up there or did someone come get her and the kids? Do we know?

He could have done that, since he has two vehicles.

I wonder if Venus even had a car, it sounds like he kept both vehicles even though she had two small children to take care of. Jerk.

It's this kind of wildly opinionated rhetoric with no factual basis that really loses me in some of the comments in this thread.

So now, people are not allowed to own two cars or they are a jerk? Maybe she couldn't afford to make payments on them? Maybe she didn't want to drive with 2 small children all the way to Michigan? Maybe she got picked up by her parents? Maybe she flew home? Just the fact that she has 2 children to take care of and he has 2 cars does not provide a whole lot of damning evidence or proof of anything relating to him being a jerk in my opinion.

"just the facts, ma'am"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member