Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM

Was it AFTER twin Kenny went missing that Robert bought Sandy a new car and announced they were getting married again? They had been married and divorced.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM

Body found in Ohio River.

If it is her, she would not have committed suicide and it is on the far side of town from her home. The Mississippi is just over the levee from her house.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/22066175...cracken-county

Detectives say the body is that of a white female wearing blue jeans and Nike sneakers.

Detective Tim Reed with the McCracken County Sheriff's Department says and autopsy has been completed and no foul play is suspected.

Justice the article is saying no foul play suspected....just crazy...how could they even determine that without a complete autopsy?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/22066175...cracken-county

Detectives say the body is that of a white female wearing blue jeans and Nike sneakers.

Detective Tim Reed with the McCracken County Sheriff's Department says and autopsy has been completed and no foul play is suspected.

Justice the article is saying no foul play suspected....just crazy...how could they even determine that without a complete autopsy?
The ME could not have done toxicology tests and had the results back this quick. jmo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM
A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhc View Post
Dangerous town to walk around in???

Her brother, Kenny Farris, disappeared walking in town in Oct 2010 and was never found.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13471171
now that is odd a brother now sister? and father?? WoW such tragedy

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY
White Lion - When The Children Cry
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *~Aimee~* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 PM

Have not read that yet, but heard the body was found this morning. Autopsy already? She didn't have a car, disappeared walking around a park. If she had jumped in the river in Cairo to kill herself, how did the body float 50 miles up river?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 11:16 PM

Father murdered, brother murdered/ruled suicide, twin brother disappeared, Sandy's body found 50 miles upriver and it is ruled suicide.

Psychic said she was abducted, black vehicle, they took her across a bridge out of Cairo. That makes sense now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 AM

It appears her body has been identified. Thoughts are with her family.
http://thecairocitizen.com/tag/sandra-farris/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpnola For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:49 AM

Strange goings on. I suppose LE has more info than we know. If not, what a thing sad thing to shut it down so soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice4cairo View Post
Have not read that yet, but heard the body was found this morning. Autopsy already? She didn't have a car, disappeared walking around a park. If she had jumped in the river in Cairo to kill herself, how did the body float 50 miles up river?
So how would she have gotten 50 miles up stream when she was out walking? And they ruled it a suicide? No foul play? Seems like that is a hasty decision.

There are cases on here where they are two or more months out and they haven't determined COD or manner....

RIP Sandy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 AM

VERY ODD goings on around this poor woman's death. I too don't get how a body could float upstream some 50 miles. And to rule it "No foul play" suspected? I smell something hinky with that - especially because it would take weeks to get back the toxicology reports. Maybe there was no obvious injury on her body, but with decomp and bloating and such that would make it harder to see...

Just curious - in the county that Cairo is in, is the coroner required to hold an MD and have forensics backgrounds? (Some places they are simply elected, and are not really qualified individuals to determine things such a COD and the like).

Too many "coincidences", and too much history to dismiss her drowning as a suicide, imo.

Prayers for her remaining family members, and if they still live in Cairo, I think I'd get the heck out of there ASAP...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redhead72 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead72 View Post
Just curious - in the county that Cairo is in, is the coroner required to hold an MD and have forensics backgrounds? (Some places they are simply elected, and are not really qualified individuals to determine things such a COD and the like).

Too many "coincidences", and too much history to dismiss her drowning as a suicide, imo.

Prayers for her remaining family members, and if they still live in Cairo, I think I'd get the heck out of there ASAP...
That is a great question about the coroner. It takes 6 weeks everywhere else to get Tox results back. If there was no apparent injury then how could they make such a quick decision. They would have to hold off for tox to make some kind of conclusion. It would seem that something is going on there and that LE would take some time to figure out what is going on with the deaths in her family.

I agree, seems like a lot coincidences in that town....if I were a family member you can bet I would be out of there....just saying.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM

Body found in KY.

Mar 18, 2013 ... All Kentucky coroners, and all deputy coroners who are not physicians, are required to enroll in a 40 hour Basic Medicolegal Death ...

Most likely not physician, most likely elected official bought and paid for.

Reminds me of a coroner in the LA area who ruled a mob shooting suicide because the truck doors were locked from the inside.

Someone on topix suggested barge dragged the body north, but normally barges assembled on the Cairo side of the river are going south, not north. Do not know enough about rivers, but do dead bodies float across a rain-swollen fast moving river like the Ohio which is probably wider at the confluence than the Mississippi? And, what shape would the body be in after a barge dragged it north. Would it not be almost unidentifiable? The barges going north would be on the other side of the river, opposite Cairo, and are empty going back north to be refilled and would have maybe 36 of them tethered together.

You are right. All the remaining family members can do is leave since they do not have a voice.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM

WHAT is wrong with this picture, Websleuths?

Can you help Sandy's family and help get justice for Sandy?

IF the body was dragged 50 miles by a barge, would the shoes still be on it?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM

RIP Sandra.

I was going to ask the same question about the shoes still being with the body after all those miles and time.

In another recent case here the woman's boot floated to the top of the water and thats how they found her body just days after she went missing. Her name and details are escaping me at the moment.

Ok, found it, Sara Townsend. I did not follow her case so check for accurate details.

jmo

Last edited by WideOpen; 04-25-2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: add info
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 03:05 PM

Unless the barges grabbed her body when it floated up, then she'd either be at the bottom of the river, or would have floated downstream with the current, and definitely not upstream...

As someone mentioned - bought and paid for looks like the deal here... Without knowing anything else. There is no way they could rule COD as a suicide before the toxicology reports came back - at least not definitively.

What other evidence is there that leads them to the conclusion she committed suicide, anyway? History of depression? What are her friends saying?

TOO strange, frankly... I can't picture her body being grabbed and dragged by a barge, frankly. So, it remains - how did she get a full 50 miles upstream from Cairo if she was walking in the park 50 miles downstream???

I wonder how many family members are left? Is there anyone in her family left to speak out for her at all?

It just seems so wrong... So much tragedy for one family.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redhead72 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 04:31 PM

My condolences to the family and I cannot see any reason for investigators to settle on the "no foul play" conclusion at this point.

It seems premature and faulty for Detective Tim Reed with the McCracken County Sheriff’s Department to say "his office does not suspect foul play" and then to say "there are still big questions that need to be answered. Just the fact that she was found in the river does not really explain it. We’ve got the beginning, she left the house to go for a walk, and we’ve got the end, she was recovered, deceased, from the river.” Reed said what happened in between is still a mystery.

So they don't know what happened but don't suspect foul play and further "Reed said his office has yet to receive an official cause of death." Can't even say she drowned, for example? And even if that was the cause of death it doesn't sound like they are able to detemine the manner of death.

There are too many coincidences with the family history of victimization and the circumstances of her disappearance and death. I hope this investigation is still ongoing and the family doesn't have to fight for the answers and justice they should be getting to begin with.

http://thecairocitizen.com/2013/04/f...man-available/
"I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LotusPawprint For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 AM

First, thanks to all of you who have taken an interest in this case.

Just had time to look on net for info about her recovery.

"Detective Tim Reed says at this point, investigators are not sure how her body made it from Cairo to Paducah.

"She was probably caught up with a set of barges. It's not that uncommon for barges to pick up a body and travel with them quite a few miles," says Reed.

The Sheriff's Office was only able to identify the body by medical records and asking family to describe Sandy's jewelry."

I would like to ask Det Reed how many bodies he has seen picked up and dragged up to Paducah where he works. If it is "not uncommon", he should be able to site stats.

One just knows when they read this stuff that the investigation will go nowhere and someone got away with murder.

And, she still had a necklace and shoes on her body.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 AM

This is a creepy, dark case with all of these family members coming up dead or missing. It sounds like crime bosses are running the Ciaro area law enforcement and courts .... with all getting their cuts of the pie.

Those involved are probably pretty well entrenched. It will probably take the Attorney Generals office and some FBI involvement to get rid of them..

Rest in Peace Sandra. Prayers to the families.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to southernnana For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 AM

From Cairo Topix:

No foul play? what crap! A second autopsy should be done immediately by another outside professional. No way a woman goes for a walk and ends up dead in the river a month later. No matter what her issues, lifestyle or habits, NO ONE deserves whatever she went through. My advice to her daughter..get the hell out of Cairo and pull your life together somewhere else. I know Shanna and she wants answers, but there will be no honest answers unless outside agencies or media get hold of this and dig thru the good ole boy BS...
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM

Sandy's daughter:

"Right before she went missing she had a dream she was murdered," said Farris. "I have an idea I know who did this but I cant prove it. They're evil."

Everyone knows, but everyone is afraid to talk.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM

People who kill 4 members of one family have diversified geographic interests. The odds are pretty good that websleuthers are following more than one murder or mp case that the killer of Sandy is connected to. Solving this case could solve others.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:41 PM

When Cairo Police Chief Bernard Brown was asked by a reporter if they were investigating Sandy's death, he told the reporter "that was a secret" and quickly ended the conversation.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 AM

Rest in peace, Sandy.

Hope this case really gets looked at...
"All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post: