IL - Jonylah Watkins, 6 mos, shot to death, Chicago, 11 March 2013 *Arrest*

I obviously don't know if she was IN a car seat in the vehicle THAT day...
But they did OWN a car seat. This picture is of her in it.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/chicago-man-charged-slaying-6-month-old-girl

CHICAGO MAN CHARGED IN SLAYING OF 6-MONTH-OLD GIRL

Koman Willis, 34, is accused of killing the baby, who was shot on March 11 while sitting in her father's lap in a minivan. Police say the baby's father, Jonathan Watkins, was the intended target of the attack.

Willis is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery with a firearm, said Sally Daly, a spokeswoman for the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. A bond hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.

I was just coming here to post, fhc. You beat me to it.

Career criminal charged in Jonylah Watkins slaying

First-degree murder charges have been lodged against a 33-year-old Chatham neighborhood man for the fatal shooting of 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins in March, according to officials.

Koman Willis of the 7800 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue was charged with killing the girl and was also charged with aggravated battery with a firearm for shooting the girl's father on March 11, according to Sally Daly, a spokeswoman for Cook County State's Atty. Anita Alvarez.

According to court records, Willis has been arrested 46 times going back to 1996.

<snip>

"Mr. Willis has been a suspect for a very long time," McCarthy said. "The question was whether or not we could show it in a court of law."

McCarthy said that Willis allegedly shot Jonathan Watkins "in retaliation for a stolen video game system," but would not say why Willis suspected Watkins for the burglary. Watkins is not expected to be charged for any such burglary, McCarthy said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ns-person-of-interest-20130526,0,752926.story

And here is the who has been charged with the murder of Jonylah Watkins:

All over a video game system. :stormingmad:

It breaks my heart that it took Jonylah's death, rather than her birth, for her father to start making something of his life. :sigh:

Ugh why is this douche even out of jail? You would think 46 charges in 17 years that wouldn't be the case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"It's been rough for me and my wife, it's been rough," said Jonathan Watkins, Jonylah Watkins' father.

Jonathan Watkins says he had pulled over to change Jonylah Watkins' diaper and was kissing his daughter just as the gunfire erupted.

"She was crying when they were shooting off the noise," Jonathon Watkins said. "So, I crawled out the car. I had her on my chest and she was looking at me eye to eye."

Jonylah Watkins was obviously not the intended target of this assault. Her father Jonathan Watkins was.

Police say the suspected shooter, Koman Willis, 33, was trying to kill Jonathan Watkins over a Sony Playstation, which had been stolen along with some drugs from his home.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/22445486/arrest-made-in-murder-of-6-month-old-baby-from-chicago

There is still something very odd about dad's story here. He crawled out of the car with his daughter on his chest?

Why pull over on a side street to change a diaper when a McDonald's with a diaper changing station is only a few blocks away?

I hope what actually happened with regards to where dad was, where the baby was, if dad visited someone there, if the diaper was actually changed etc. is addressed at court, because there is still something hinky about the events leading to this infant's murder.

:facepalm: Over a Sony PlayStation......

RIP beautiful baby girl.

BBM

The "Xbox murders" in Deltona, Florida were motivated partly by an attempt to recover a video game system that was allegedly stolen.

Deltona massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember that case well here in Fl....one of the worse cases ever for senselessness and brutality. The murderers were all sentenced to death and there was a big shake up in the probation dept. when it was found the leader should have been back in jail at the time.

SO GLAD this (don't use that word often) has been arrested and if convicted, he should get the death penalty too, but does Ill. even have it anymore?

Man Pleads Not Guilty To Killing 6-Month-Old Jonylah Watkins

CHICAGO (STMW) — A South Side felon pleaded not guilty Wednesday to killing a baby and wounding her father during a March shooting in the Woodlawn neighborhood.

Koman Willis appeared before Judge Nicholas Ford Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and aggravated battery, according to Cook County State’s Attorney’s office spokesman Stephen Campbell.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/man-pleads-not-guilty-to-killing-6-month-old-jonylah-watkins/

Of course the plea would be "not guilty". These gutless thugs never admit to any wrongdoings, so they are used to getting away with murder.

Of course the plea would be "not guilty". These gutless thugs never admit to any wrongdoings, so they are used to getting away with murder.

Not this time, :please:. Jonylah deserves justice, the community needs to see justice in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back