Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
indaNguyenPN Rodney Stafford says he believes the jury will judge this case with Tori on their minds #ToriStafford #Rafferty http://t.co/Kq6aCw38

...IMO I certainly hope Rodney is correct here....I feel greatly for the whole family as This is every PARENT's greatest nightmare...god bless them and we in Ontraio want to see JUSTICE FOR TORi...our province is greatly UPSET & trully Heart broken ..robynhood

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Stafford: I have no problems with Michael #Rafferty's mom. She's got every right to be here

11m Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Rodney Stafford talking to media: says crown has solid case, not worried about defence arguments swaying jury #sl #Rafferty

Hey Derstine want to talk more about shocking coincidences? How about TS pants missing, or mixed blood with a sperm cell, or MR not recieving texts at the time of the assualt, or MR driving by the schools in the morning ALONE.
Yeah that is a shocking coincidence.

Or MR just recently dating a woman who was living right beside that school whose daughter knew and played with Victoria. A house that he had been in. And how shocking is it that the woman herself was friends with TM. Oh wait...in this case it must just be a coincidence.

MOO

I think he is going on the scenario that MR was clueless that this was a kidnapping at that point.
It seems incredible that MR would have been talented enough to deceive and use all those women, yet be completely fooled by a teenage druggie into chauffeuring her around while she kidnapped and killed a little girl. Not only that, but he helped her clean up the crime scene and went on to dispose of evidence, then lied to the police about his involvement. Of course he participated in the kidnapping and murder! He covered it up because he felt guilty. How can he be anything but guilty?

Respectfully, we do not 100% know Tori had not met TLM before. Her mother may have been unknowingly incorrect in her statement on the stand. We may not always know every person that our children have met in passing, while out walking dogs for instance. JMO

I'll believe her mom before I believe a defence attorney.

<modsnip>. It needs to be refreshed in the juror's minds that the "star Crown witness" is a "prolific liar" and has zero credibility. JMO

Either does his client and the crown will prove that.

I'll believe her mom before I believe a defence attorney.

Respectfully, you did not read my post. I said "unknowingly" to the mother. Not an issue of believing her testimony over Derstine's statement. JMO

Or MR just recently dating a woman who was living right beside that school whose daughter knew and played with Victoria. A house that he had been in. And how shocking is it that the woman herself was friends with TM. Oh wait...in this case it must just be a coincidence.

MOO

Exactly!!! They both possibly could have known Tori but chances are Tori saw TLM walking her dog around and remembered her because he dog was the same breed as hers. JMO

update from Randy Richmond:

Michael Rafferty's mother told reporters outside court today "he's not guilty and it hurts like hell. It hurts."

Confronted by a mob of reporters, the small woman walking with a cane said she would provide more comment later.

"I think he's got a good lawyer," she said when asked what she thought of Dirk Derstine's closing argument, which began Monday morning.

LindaNguyenPN #Raffety's mother, Deborah Murphy, tells media that her son is not guilty of #ToriStafford's murder http://t.co/ELHCjoYi

........IMO what do others think of this....My opinion ...why and how does she come to this conclusion are the thoughts crossing my mind????....Why did she not take the STAND and tell the JURY why her son called her after the murder was committed ???..MR's .blackberry phone records said he called home! ...puzzled ???>>>>>>..robynhood

Commenting on what has been said in court this morning .... JMO

Just replying as to what was actually proven in court about MR in multiple days worth of testimony from various witnesses.

MOO

McClintic was the "engine", Derstine says. She could have stopped the kidnapping at Home Depot, if she wanted too. Bought a hammer instead.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said McClintic willingly bought murder tools at Home Deot could have got help

I can just repeat myself: Why didn't MTR simply refused to keep on driving??

Michael Rafferty's mother told reporters outside court today "he's not guilty and it hurts like hell. It hurts."

Confronted by a mob of reporters, the small woman walking with a cane said she would provide more comment later.

"I think he's got a good lawyer," she said when asked what she thought of Dirk Derstine's closing argument, which began Monday morning.

Well its plain to see that MTR manipulated his mother as well, because if she says he is not guilty then wow. How can she explain his behaviour and all the evidence. Not trying to be mean at all as all mothers defend their children to some degree but some more than others. She is a victim and I am not trying to speak bad of her. It really is sad.

First of all, was his mother there when the crime was committed? Secondly, is she allowed to make claims like this while the jury is still not sequestered. She was not called as a witness.MOO

Mike Knoll: @guest - there are a number of pictures of her in our evidence galleries here: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/18/19651801.html

Mike Knoll: update from Randy Richmond:

LindaNguyenPN #Raffety's mother, Deborah Murphy, tells media that her son is not guilty of #ToriStafford's murder http://t.co/ELHCjoYi

........IMO what do others think of this....My opinion ...why and how does she come to this conclusion are the thoughts crossing my mind????....Why did she not take the STAND and tell the JURY why her son called her after the murder was committed ???..MR's .blackberry phone records said he called home! ...puzzled ???>>>>>>..robynhood

That was exactly what I was thinking

I agree 100% -- the defense has nothing. One witness that testified she saw TLM go into the school, but not come out. So, the best the defense could do was show that there was a possibility that TLM targeted Tori. But that in no way refutes the other evidence. Even if TLM did target - that does not exonerate his client in anyway.

I'm feeling bad for the defense because it must be darn difficult to defend a client when there is nothing, abolutely nothing, to logically explain his behavior, except in accordance with the Crown's case.

I'm going to be shocked, I tell you, absolutely shocked, if the jury does not consider the real evidence and goes only by this closing statement.

Salem
My theory is that the defence knew he really had nothing right from the start, when they received the Crown's disclosure. That's why they introduced their only witness so as to go first with their ridiculous summation. This all would have sounded too far fetched after what the Crown has to say. At least this way it will be forgotten, as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288