2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect many of the jurors who did not take notes (or at least sufficient notes) relied on the faulty memory,logic and argument of the other jurors. This is a dynamic studied in all studies involving sequestered juries.

For instance,
"Did the defense disprove XY & Z evidence?"
"Absolutely, don't you remember... they did this and this and this."

When if fact, the response is completely false but because of the inability of the questioner to remember, refer to notes, or failure to review the evidence, the false answer is accepted as fact.

I suspect that when we hear from some straight forward and honest jurors, this will be the case. I suspect there is more than 1 juror wishing they had deliberated this case entirely differently.

That's a good idea for another law...as much as I hate intrusive government, I think Caylee's Law and a law to prevent any juror from any case in which they served from any compensation is certainly warranted.

ICAM. It takes the subconcious thoughts (could I make more with a guilty or not guilty verdict?) out of the equation. It would take ANY QUESTION of that happening out of the public perception of the final verdict.

I've also wondered about having the deliberations secretly recorded, for the Judge's viewing only, to determine if there were any problems with how the verdict was reached. It would be nice to have a stop watch used to know the actual amount of time spent deliberating. The time we have includes eating, electing foreman, reading jury instructions (well, if they actually bothered to do that, only they know).

I'm starting to feel the same way! I went back and reviewed JB statements and the video outside the courtroom where he shoots at the camera before the verdict. somehow, some way <mod snip> it matches the way JB has behaved through this trial. it is the only thing that makes sense now. This is why the jury is not talking. this is why that juror left town and retired from her job? where did she get the money to run? makes no sense. WAKE UP FOLKS! 1+1=2. We need to push for an investigation.

I was very surprised when I saw that. Everyone at that point was so certain she would be found guilty, yet for the first time in a while he seemed happy and calm... It could have been that he was just happy the trial was over and there was not much more he could do, but I immediately was suspicious when the verdict came back not guilty, and I remember that reaction from him early. It certainly is suspicious.

oh! for three years I wonder what Lee was talking about...plus on the stand another secret he was asked about and he didn't answer:waitasec:

I think your right and it will come out....No one talk about Lee writing a book but I got Hinky feeling that he will...maybe not right away but he will.

Just like Scott Petereson sister did!

Lee also talked about their "secret", that he would never reveal, when he held his speech at the memorial service for Caylee.
We now know that that speech wasn´t for Caylee, but for Casey. CMA, he kept saying (creepy).
What is that secret, Lee?

Uhhh.... Did anyone but me have their hinky meter go off the chart when they heard just how many dang pets died in that hpuse in such a short span of time, coupled by the testimony that CA said her yorkies had been "really tired lately" ??? Uhh, hello, can you say sociopath???:waitasec:

ITA, ITA, ITA! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2+2 together.

To borrow a quote..." There's something wrong here"...The more I listen the more suspect I become. I hear confusion, a lack of understanding of evidence, a lack of understanding of Judge instructions, a huge lack of consideration of evidence all together...WoW

Juror #2 said several things that really has me scratching my head.It's like someone or several someones convinced the holdouts that they had to vote NG. He said there were initially 6 guilty votes (we've heard another juror say 2,but that was for Felony 1).By the following day "it was clear our side was losing votes." He was the last holdout,but still clearly believes she is guilty.He said looking at those pictures ,he "just can't understand how someone could do that to a child".Do what? Supposedly they bought the accident theory.If the picture was evidence to him,of what someone did to Caylee,why didn't he hold out and it would have been a mistrial? Why did the jurors who voted guilty the first time ,give in?

That's what I want to know but I kinda think they were bullied or something to that effect into relenting. I just don't see how 6 people can cave that quickly without being bullied or talked out of it. Him and juror 6 or 7.. the one that was crying during the reading of the verdict and afterwards. I want to hear more from them.

But maybe that's why that chef dude wants a big payday? Maybe there is something more to these deliberations?

He also said it was reasonable to think that the boyfriend (Richardo) posted the chloroform picture and the next day Casey visited myspace, then googled chloroform one time to see what it was.

That's it. Simple.

And there was no follow up question by Greta asking "do you believe Cindy searched for how+to+make+chloroform?"

I think that judge Perry was disgusted with the verdict, and I noticed that "madam clerk´s" voice started shaking when she read the NOT GUILTY verdicts on the first three counts.
I would like to hear judge Perry´s thoughts too. Not anytime soon, I guess, if ever.

This is the sidebar transcript from June 24. HHJP's language is very telling of just what he thinks of the Defense THEORY. The DT calls it a theory when they are not addressing the jurors. I wonder if the jurors even realized that.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28418405/detail.html it's a pdf

LDB brings up the hundreds and hundreds of checks ICA wrote on CA's account ,at the end.

I recorded the interview last night, but I am going to delete it and not watch. I've been sick up and fed for long enough at this lazy, crazy jury. I cannot take any more.

What DID help me was watching the interview with Jaycee Dugard. I hate Philip Garrido even more than killer Casey Anthony. Caylee is TRULY in a better place and at peace.

That's what I want to know but I kinda think they were bullied or something to that effect into relenting. I just don't see how 6 people can cave that quickly without being bullied or talked out of it. Him and juror 6 or 7.. the one that was crying during the reading of the verdict and afterwards. I want to hear more from them.

But maybe that's why that chef dude wants a big payday? Maybe there is something more to these deliberations?

Yet, during jury selection under the questioning of Ann Finnell they all said they could not be bullied and they would not bully others to change their opinions...

Guess they didn't understand that either.

I'm starting to feel the same way! I went back and reviewed JB statements and the video outside the courtroom where he shoots at the camera before the verdict. somehow, some way <mod snip> it matches the way JB has behaved through this trial. it is the only thing that makes sense now. This is why the jury is not talking. this is why that juror left town and retired from her job? where did she get the money to run? makes no sense. WAKE UP FOLKS! 1+1=2. We need to push for an investigation.

Are you sure it was that same day when the verdict was read? I don't think it was but I could be wrong.

ICAM. It takes the subconcious thoughts (could I make more with a guilty or not guilty verdict?) out of the equation. It would take ANY QUESTION of that happening out of the public perception of the final verdict.

I've also wondered about having the deliberations secretly recorded, for the Judge's viewing only, to determine if there were any problems with how the verdict was reached. It would be nice to have a stop watch used to know the actual amount of time spent deliberating. The time we have includes eating, electing foreman, reading jury instructions (well, if they actually bothered to do that, only they know).
RBBM, what an excellent idea. We need video of juries deliberating for judges to review post verdict.

One more thing bugging me about Juror #11 and telling Greta that in his profession, he has to know how to "read people" ...

Juror No. 11 is a physical education teacher in his early 30s.

What does he use his "reading" skills for ? Being able to tell if someone is faking to get out of gym class ?? WTH ? :loser:

<end snark>

Are you sure it was that same day when the verdict was read? I don't think it was but I could be wrong.

Yes, i am almost sure it was the same day. Someone else let me know, but I am pretty sure..

One more thing bugging me about Juror #11 and telling Greta that in his profession, he has to know how to "read people" ...

What does he use his "reading" skills for ? Being able to tell if someone is faking to get out of gym class ?? WTH ? :loser:

<end snark>

LOL LOL with those "reading skills" I bet there has been a lot of vomit on that gym floor.:loser:

Interesting concept about recording or at least having someone observe deliberations. I, for one, would not support either.

I do think:

There should be a 1 or 2 day jury information school mandatory for capital cases -- what is evidence; what is NOT evidence; what are opening statements; why are there sidebars, etc, etc. There obviously needs to be much more education for jurors. They must be educated that a real trial bears no resemblance to CSI.

Jurors should not be allowed to get out of jury duty except for the absolutely most compelling reason (your sister is the defendant; lawyer is next door neighbor)

In penalty phase - the jurors may give their recommendation only. Their penalty recommendation will not be the arbiter.

Jurors should not be allowed to be compensated beyond a reasonable amount for interviews, appearances, etc. Not to exceed $5000 in total for example.

Jurors must meet with the defense and prosecution team and give them sufficient time to question them as regards reasons and logic for their decision.

<end snark>

Why would you even consider "reading people" in something as important as this?? You are supposed to look at the evidence, not "read people". Unbelievable

I wasn't going to watch the Foreman on Greta. I didn't even tape it, but then I was reading about it here and decided I had to see it and taped the late night repeat. I have watched it now and have decided that I am done. I can speculate and drive myself crazy over what happened with this jury, but it won't change anything. That foreman could have told Greta that JB paid them each $25,000 to vote not quilty and ICA would still walk free Sunday. Nothing will change their verdict...nothing. So I am done. They have to live themselves, I cannot watch or listen to them anymore.

yes it was before the verdict was read. we commented here how inappropriate it was. something stinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong