Trayvon at 7-11: Surveillance Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and as a Floridian, anything under 70 degrees at night, especially with rain and breeze, is cold to me!

Right to the papers...couldn't have been a magazine or gum or something on the little hot dog/taquito rollie thingy...nope.

I heard GZ was said to be violent when he drank...so he drank at least once in his life...must have been drunk already and headed to Target to buy more alcohol that cold February night ....

I really need the emoticon square to my right just now

:gasp:........that is a leap IMHO

:gasp:........that is a leap IMHO

LOL, yeah, I was being sarcastic as it appeared others were taking TM's one known marijuana incident and using that to decide it was completely plausible that TM was out trying to score some dope the night he was killed. So I made a similar comparison and, yes, it is as absurd.

I haven't read the whole thread, but one thing I noticed is that he seemed to be talking to the clerk. I even saw the clerk smile at something said. So, I'm not sure he was feeling intimidated. I'm not even sure what we're looking for. He didn't steal anything or rob the place. He bought candy. *shrug*

Edit to say: Does anyone know how much this video is slowed down?

If he had enough time like some have said he did to make it back to the condo drop it off then come back and confront GZ.If he did leave it at the condo would anyone say oh when we checked the condo we found weed or could have dropped it on the ground or thrown it in a bush we will never know unless LE found it before someone else did.

So, he went home...dropped off weed, but carried the heavy tea and skittles? Huh?

So, he went home...dropped off weed, but carried the heavy tea and skittles? Huh?

I haven't read the theory behind this OP, so I'm not sure what I think about this possible scenario, but I will say there's a darn good reason to ditch your drugs, especially under the circumstance that that is how you came to be suspended and in Sanford in the first place. The drink and candy, not so much.

LOL, yeah, I was being sarcastic as it appeared others were taking TM's one known marijuana incident and using that to decide it was completely plausible that TM was out trying to score some dope the night he was killed. So I made a similar comparison and, yes, it is as absurd.

I am the one who said, and continues to believe, that it is completely plausible. He got CAUGHT once, but to me anyway, it's not a huge leap that he was a regular smoker. You don't bring a baggie and pipe to school if you've only tried it once or twice. That's pretty nervy, especially when you've been suspended twice already and have had your backpack searched and some not so necessarily innocent things discovered. Plus, there are other suggestions elsewhere (not sure if that part of the twitter was in the msm) that he was more than an occasional user.

He was at his dad's gf as "punishment" and to remove him from his friends. Forced to hang out with a (to him) much younger kid that he didn't know very well. Undoubtedly bored to tears and probably a little po'd about the situation. Dad and the gf were out. He had an older cousin in the area. He begged his dad to go out -- walking nearly two miles r/t just to by skittles and a drink. He had money and a lighter on him and got at least one call or text overlapping the call with the gf, and we haven't heard one word about who else he was on the phone with or texting that night. He was concerned that George was following him. And, at the same time, didn't go straight home or call his dad or call 911.

Maybe he wasn't looking to score, but I'm convinced that the possibility is entirely plausible.

And I'll reiterate, I don't care much at all about the smoking. If I were his parent, I would have, but that's irrelevant and I don't know what their feelings about it were in any case. But it appears that at least his Mom didn't like it. Hence Trayvon being sent to Dad and away from what they perceived to be bad influences. It's just a possible explanation as to why he did not go home. More plausible, imo, than to have a private phone conversation with his girl friend. He could have done that on the back patio or behind a locked door in any room in the house other than the room where BG's son was.

I'm not invested in being right. But I definitely do believe it's one plausible explanation.

jmo

I haven't read the theory behind this OP, so I'm not sure what I think about this possible scenario, but I will say there's a darn good reason to ditch your drugs, especially under the circumstance that that is how you came to be suspended and in Sanford in the first place. The drink and candy, not so much.

If I was going back out to confront someone, there is no way I'd have that stuff in my pocket. You'd want to be free of the extra burden, IMO.

A few days ago I watched the 7-11 video. The first thing I noticed was Trayvon's pants. I thought of how happy I was my G-sons no longer wear their pants like that My G-son's are 21 and 22 years old, it hasn't been that long since they stopped, about maybe 6 months. (I've always hated that style). My second thought was, I wondered if GZ saw Trayvon like that, with his pants hanging so low, I noticed he had to pull them up while still in the store. Maybe this is what made GZ see Trayvon as being suspicious, his pants hanging low???

Does anyone know if there is a statement from the 7-11 clerk?

I am the one who said, and continues to believe, that it is completely plausible. He got CAUGHT once, but to me anyway, it's not a huge leap that he was a regular smoker. You don't bring a baggie and pipe to school if you've only tried it once or twice. That's pretty nervy, especially when you've been suspended twice already and have had your backpack searched and some not so necessarily innocent things discovered. Plus, there are other suggestions elsewhere (not sure if that part of the twitter was in the msm) that he was more than an occasional user.

He was at his dad's gf as "punishment" and to remove him from his friends. Forced to hang out with a (to him) much younger kid that he didn't know very well. Undoubtedly bored to tears and probably a little po'd about the situation. Dad and the gf were out. He had an older cousin in the area. He begged his dad to go out -- walking nearly two miles r/t just to by skittles and a drink. He had money and a lighter on him and got at least one call or text overlapping the call with the gf, and we haven't heard one word about who else he was on the phone with or texting that night. He was concerned that George was following him. And, at the same time, didn't go straight home or call his dad or call 911.

Maybe he wasn't looking to score, but I'm convinced that the possibility is entirely plausible.

And I'll reiterate, I don't care much at all about the smoking. If I were his parent, I would have, but that's irrelevant and I don't know what their feelings about it were in any case. But it appears that at least his Mom didn't like it. Hence Trayvon being sent to Dad and away from what they perceived to be bad influences. It's just a possible explanation as to why he did not go home. More plausible, imo, than to have a private phone conversation with his girl friend. He could have done that on the back patio or behind a locked door in any room in the house other than the room where BG's son was.

I'm not invested in being right. But I definitely do believe it's one plausible explanation.

jmo

Well then perhaps my absurd statement about GZ's possible intoxication and alcohol seeking that night is just as plausible.
Good grief.

A few days ago I watched the 7-11 video. The first thing I noticed was Trayvon's pants. I thought of how happy I was my G-sons no longer wear their pants like that My G-son's are 21 and 22 years old, it hasn't been that long since they stopped, about maybe 6 months. (I've always hated that style). My second thought was, I wondered if GZ saw Trayvon like that, with his pants hanging so low, I noticed he had to pull them up while still in the store. Maybe this is what made GZ see Trayvon as being suspicious, his pants hanging low???

Perhaps. His skin color, his hood (although he didn't say he wore a hood in the call to police did he?), and his pants hanging low may have painted an image. And IMO, he had every right to call the police if TM appeared suspicious. But what he did beyond that was absolutely unwarranted.

FACT: I write, eat with left hand. Pretty much the only 2 things I do with left hand. I am considered left handed perhaps. (Which the Catholic nuns tried to change in the early 60's !!!)

But I bowl, SHOOT A GUN (as of two months ago), golf and most all else, with my right hand. Just threw something on the floor, and did a natural reflex and picked it up with my right hand. What that means, I do not know.

ETA: If I were ever to go to court - folks from waaaay back, including my family/friends etc all know this. I can easily be investigated as to such.

Again ..........I'm not sure as to..........why does this matter? Please clarify why this is important for either.

We now know that you use your left hand as your dominant hand. We do not know which hand TM used most often. It is important in determining with which hand TM scratched GZ on the nose, if he even did. We need to know that because if TM were right-handed he likely would not scratch GZ with his left hand.

Perhaps. His skin color, his hood (although he didn't say he wore a hood in the call to police did he?), and his pants hanging low may have painted an image. And IMO, he had every right to call the police if TM appeared suspicious. But what he did beyond that was absolutely unwarranted.

Yes, as a matter of fact GZ did say that TM was wearing a hoodie in the call to police. He also mentioned his skin color after having been asked. I agree with you that GZ had every right to call the police. He had no right to hunt TM down and shoot him under any circumstances. The clerk in the 7-11 didn't seem unduly alarmed by TM's appearance, did he? I see so many young boys with their pants like that. It really is most unattractive, but doesn't reach the standard of the death penalty.

Yes, as a matter of fact GZ did say that TM was wearing a hoodie in the call to police. He also mentioned his skin color after having been asked. I agree with you that GZ had every right to call the police. He had no right to hunt TM down and shoot him under any circumstances. The clerk in the 7-11 didn't seem unduly alarmed by TM's appearance, did he? I see so many young boys with their pants like that. It really is most unattractive, but doesn't reach the standard of the death penalty.

My teen included!

I look at pants hanging down low the same as I look at people with a lot of tattoos, or multiple piercings, or blue, pink, and purple hair -- it's not for me, but it also none of my business what people choose to wear or do to their bodies. I never understood why it was anyone's business how anyone wore their clothes? As long as it is legal? Who am I to say what one can wear and what one can not wear? You don't like it? Don't look at it?

I still can't believe they didn't do any tests on GZ that night! Bad judgment. I would not be surprised if his system had quite a few things in it?

MOO

with his beltless hanging pants and his hoodie he looks like most of the teen boys-- white or AA that I see in my office. I keep waiting to see if they'll loose their britches before they sit down!!!!! Typical teen attire----not macho attire at all. A tall skinny kid!!!!!!
MOO

I so agree with you!!!

I look at pants hanging down low the same as I look at people with a lot of tattoos, or multiple piercings, or blue, pink, and purple hair -- it's not for me, but it also none of my business what people choose to wear or do to their bodies. I never understood why it was anyone's business how anyone wore their clothes? As long as it is legal? Who am I to say what one can wear and what one can not wear? You don't like it? Don't look at it?
I still can't believe they didn't do any tests on GZ that night! Bad judgment. I would not be surprised if his system had quite a few things in it?

MOO

LOL wow I'm so glad my G-sons do not have that attitude towards me :) But I know what you mean. All of my G-kids, (well not the 7 year old) have the tattoos and piercings too, and if others were to see what my G-kids put out there on Facebook, oh boy, not good!!! I think to myself but my G-kids are not like that!!! But like I said earlier, they are all now in their early 20's. It makes me sooooo sad to know Trayvon's family will never get the chance to watch him grow, who knows what he could have become :-(

I wish GZ had been tested also, maybe that's why he refused to go to the hospital ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288