5/15/2012--Sentencing

Happy 12th Birthday beautiful little Angel!

You have captured so many peoples' heart and will never be forgotten.

May 15/12 - Old article I had not seen before. Makes me believe we will not get to see TLM's full SOF until and/or if MR appeals and everything has been settled. MR will more than likely not appeal because then TLM's full SOF will be published and the public will get more horrific detail on what the sickos actually did to poor Tori April 8, 2009. JMO

Michael Rafferty Trial: Was McClintic Publication Ban Worth It? Personally I say YES the partial ban was needed as it gave MR one less reason to file an appeal. JMO

A jury found Michael Rafferty guilty Friday of first-degree murder, sexual assault causing bodily harm and kidnapping in Tori's death. All of the details from McClintic's plea were heard at Rafferty's trial, mostly when she took the stand as the Crown's key witness, but the controversial publication ban only ended with Rafferty's verdicts.

The Crown suggested that only the facts pertaining to McClintic alone should be published. McDermid accepted that approach, ruling the following day that the media could essentially publish all the details of the plea except for those that referred directly or indirectly to Rafferty.

"The public has a right to know now that … there was no intention to conduct a secret hearing and a secret hearing was not held," McDermid said in his ruling on May 19, 2010. "It is also important for the public to know there was no plea bargain."

But Derstine said his client wanted to appeal that ruling to the Supreme Court, so the total publication ban was extended until the highest court's ruling on whether Rafferty could pursue that appeal.

The Supreme Court declined to hear Derstine's appeal, so on Dec. 9, 2010, media outlets could publish the facts from McClintic's plea that McDermid had allowed. Her telling of how Tori was raped and killed was not publicly reported until she testified at Rafferty's trial this year.

Here's hoping Mikey does have colon cancer (which he told others he had) and herpes and other STDs, and they are all eating him up slowly and painfully while he's caged in his new home at KP. Have a torturous, painful, depressing life there Mikey. I hope no one comes to see you you pathetic piece of *****. JMOHO.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/05/14/rafferty-trial-mcclintic-publication-ban_n_1516254.html

http://youtu.be/gG9eYaUWrXA...notes left for tori...3 years ago today she was found...july 19 ,2009...my heart still aches...i had to post this as i hope she will always be remebered ...I know i will never forget this day...robynhood

A very sad day indeed. This never should have happened to Tori; not to any child. RIP Tori, never to be forgotten.

This site The National has some interesting videos regarding interrogation methods. Interrogators include our hero Det. Jim Smyth who got a confession from TLM and RW and found Tori's remains.

The interrogation-room confessions that led to the convictions of Russell Williams and Terri-Lynne McClintic for their horrific and high profile crimes earned high praise for the Ontario Provincial Police, and especially for interrogator Staff Sgt. Jim Smyth. But outside the glare of the media spotlight, concerns are being raised about the aggressive methods employed by Canadian police forces, and whether the interrogation techniques they use are eliciting confessions from the innocent, as well as the guilty. Two Canadians who confessed to crimes they did not commit speak out in this exclusive report by Joe Schlesinger of CBC News.

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/truthliesandconfessions/

My link yesterday July19 2012 did NOT hyper link...so I am trying again.....3 years to the day tori's battered body was found/identified as Tori .... this you tube video was made ,,,,it is called " Notes for Tori "and contains beautiful pics of tori's life and how GREATLY upset many Ont.people felt....http://youtu.be/gG9eYaUWrXA....do not think it hyper linked to take you directly to this you tube video.... but you can cut and paste into your browser...NOT SURE WHY IT WILL not give you a hyper link???....sorry ...I do think many of you would like to see it tho...robynhood....still heart broken ...and will never forgt OUR ONT>ANGEL...RIP TORI !...I agree with Swede ABOVE....this should have NEVER have HAPPENED TO ANY CHILD!.....I still feel IMO....The Tori LAw for these savage beast should OCCUR!...that is my Strong opinion....robynhood

Thank you for posting that new video Robynhood. That is beautiful. Tori has touch so many peoples' hearts. :heartbeat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG9eYaUWrXA"]Notes To Tori - YouTube[/ame]

Your very welcome Swede and everyone here..As I know your heart is like mine forever broken & torn over this horrendous case...I can only say that I hope tori's bother..THE best BRO EVER >>>...can HEAL and realize He IS NOT TO BLAME...and Tori's Family some how find the strength to continue ...so dam hard as she was a beautiful chlid who has DEFINITELY capture our love ...and all of ONTARIO"S HEART ..We all LOve you Tori ...I agree this dam EVIL SHOULD NEVER HAVE happened ...and I will forever pray that Rodney has his wishes fufilled.." I hope in 5 years tori is rembered as the child who has changed Canada's law forever"....I am quoting Tori's dad as you all know...and this again is MY OPINION>>>!...robynhood....MICHAel Rafferty ...may you Rot forever for your EVIL WAYs...as the judge last said..." You Sir are a MONSTER!...robynhood.!

The Crime Severity Index shows Woodstock is an average city when it comes to crime-July 24, 2012.

The term Oxy County was used during the May first-degree murder trial Michael Rafferty. At the time of the trial, national media depicted Woodstock and the surrounding area as the epicentre of Oxycontin use in the country.

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview....ock-is-an-average-city-when-it-comes-to-crime

IIRC Woodstock was given the bad rap long before May and MR's trial. Even long before the abduction, rape and murder of precious Tori. MOO

Michael Rafferty appeals conviction in Tori Stafford murder

Michael Rafferty, the man sentenced to life for the killing of 8-year-old Tori Stafford, is appealing his conviction on grounds the judge failed to properly instruct the jury.

In the appeal received by the Court of Appeal for Ontario on July 26, Rafferty also says the “jury failed to apprehend the evidentiary requirement to convict for first-degree murder.”

If a new trial is ordered, he would like a trial by jury, Rafferty wrote from prison.

Rafferty missed the 30-day deadline to appeal his conviction but asked for an extension, attributing the delay to “inability to use the telephone to contact legal counsel.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...ty-appeals-conviction-in-tori-stafford-murder

I guess this is no surprise. More tax dollars to be wasted on this . *sigh*

Rafferty’s appeal papers appear to have been filed from Kingston Penitentiary.

It’s not clear whether he has a lawyer. Dirk Derstine, Rafferty’s lawyer for the trial, told the London Free Press in June that he would not be Rafferty’s appeal lawyer.

Meanwhile, McClintic will appear in a Kitchener court on Sept. 12 on assault charges.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...ty-appeals-conviction-in-tori-stafford-murder

No surprise that he is appealing....I supposed he has no visitors, appealing he would at least have a lawyer come visit, if he can find one. A day in court would be his only way to get out of the pen for a day or so...if it goes to trial. Get comfy MR....you are home sweet home in the pen!!!!!

Rafferty’s appeal papers appear to have been filed from Kingston Penitentiary.

It’s not clear whether he has a lawyer. Dirk Derstine, Rafferty’s lawyer for the trial, told the London Free Press in June that he would not be Rafferty’s appeal lawyer.

Meanwhile, McClintic will appear in a Kitchener court on Sept. 12 on assault charges.

No surprise that he is appealing....I supposed he has no visitors, appealing he would at least have a lawyer come visit, if he can find one. A day in court would be his only way to get out of the pen for a day or so...if it goes to trial. Get comfy MR....you are home sweet home in the pen!!!!!

I knew it was coming but still pissed off to hear about it. Give me break already. At least he is locked up in the pen with the rest of the creeps out there. Damn it! I don't see them granting this appeal but it definitely makes me worry.. Boo!

Is he getting another trial?

Well considering his appeal is based on the judge failing to properly instruct the jury I'd have to say that this appeal will likely be denied because the judge bent over backwards to make sure everything was on the up and up. He spent A LOT of time going over everything for the jury.

It is going to be interesting though because I think the appeal will likely be regarding the sexual assault response that the jury got to their question about the clothing being removed which was a bit of a connundrum for the judge I think. Took him a while to respond to that didn't it?

MOO

Well considering his appeal is based on the judge failing to properly instruct the jury I'd have to say that this appeal will likely be denied because the judge bent over backwards to make sure everything was on the up and up. He spent A LOT of time going over everything for the jury.

It is going to be interesting though because I think the appeal will likely be regarding the sexual assault response that the jury got to their question about the clothing being removed which was a bit of a connundrum for the judge I think. Took him a while to respond to that didn't it?

MOO

If he gets a new trial does all the evidence get to be used?

If he gets a new trial does all the evidence get to be used?
I don't see why not, provided a new lawyer doesn't find a way to exclude it. What I'm more interested in is whether any of the previously withheld evidence could be used. But maybe that's what you meant.

I don't see why not, provided a new lawyer doesn't find a way to exclude it. What I'm more interested in is whether any of the previously withheld evidence could be used. But maybe that's what you meant.

Yes that is what i meant.But i heard that a new trial means you need new evidence. But that can't be right.

When I go online to CBC news and see that SOB face with a headline, I want to vomit, and it brings up all the anger again.

I was just thinking of Victoria yesterday, and trying to fathom, again, how those 2 evil beings could possibly have even thought of, let alone committed, those heinous acts on that sweet, innocent little girl?

Rest in Peace, Victoria. You are not forgotten sweet child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life
Back