Penn State Sandusky-Report of the Special Investigative Counsel

In 1998, it was reported, with no interference from the Big Four. Univ Police investigated, reported it to the DA's Office and DPW. DA's didn't press charges; DPW drops the investigation after that. In the process, the Univ Police informed the Big Four.

2001, McQueary reports it to Pateno, who reports to Curley, who reports it to Schultz and, eventually, to Spanier. The Big Four originally plan to report it to DPW, but backs off.

Yes I knew this part. My understanding was that the big 4 did not interfere in 1998. My query is why, when it all came back around again in 2001, didnt the big 4 leap to the proper reporting channels...They hoped the 1998 incident was behind them, but clearly it wasnt.

I know why they didnt-that part is a rhetorical question.

I haven't watched any of this except for the 10:00 broadcast with Mr. Freeh. The entire time, I kept thinking of everyone here at WS and thinking WE HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL ALONG!!!!! It's nice to see the public outrage and shame now.

I have one question. What ever became of the 2001 victim ? Is he overseas in Military? Or never identified at all. Not identified publicly - due to when LE made positive ID - the 2001 victim was no longer physically available?
Or just never identified ?

Victim 2, from 2001, was never identified.

And most of all, shut the [self-bleep] up. :maddening:

That too. :banghead:

And it has to be said; I'm mad that the man is dead and not being shamed in person. Yeah, I'm petty that way sometimes.

"Guests?" Is that what they are calling them now? :maddening:

yes...its talking in code, in hopes that an investigation is never instituted but if it is, the investigators wont understand what you are talking ABOUT.

guess the penn state 'leaders" didnt count on former fbi investigators. too bad for them.

btw, i liked it that Freeh kept referring to the consipirators as "leaders"

I keep thinking that the only reason for covering up and perpetuating child rape is if you are into that too. I realize there has been no evidence of this brought forward. But. I. can't. get. that. thought. outta. my. head. It's like there is this big ole jagged puzzle piece that's not fitting.

Does anyone else wonder why Sandusky held so much power over men that were more powerful than he was?

yes...its talking in code, in hopes that an investigation is never instituted but if it is, the investigators wont understand what you are talking ABOUT.

guess the penn state 'leaders" didnt count on former fbi investigators. too bad for them.

btw, i liked it that Freeh kept referring to the consipirators as "leaders"

What got me was the exhibit emails from 2001 while Spanier was in Australia, I believe. It is abundantly clear that a cover up was going on since they didnt simply speak candidly about the plan to approach Sandusky, which then changed after JoPa had his say. It was ridiculous.

ETA: 5F 5G 5H

Freeh Special Counsel Report-CNN version

I keep thinking that the only reason for covering up and perpetuating child rape is if you are into that too. I realize there has been no evidence of this brought forward. But. I. can't. get. that. thought. outta. my. head. It's like there is this big ole jagged puzzle piece that's not fitting.

Does anyone else wonder why Sandusky held so much power over men that were more powerful than he was?

YES and I've wondered this from the beginning. No kidding, I was just sitting here trying to word the question when I read your comment.

Victim 2, from 2001, was never identified.

Thank you. Beyond heartbreaking.

You know I am feeling that in search of answers can possibly have some unwanted triggering effects. A media personality who was once LE was on a segment earlier today. He was discussing the report - then started yelling about JoePa being close enough to kick in the door.

Everywhere you listen look or read - it is all about protecting children. Trying to hold everyone responsible. Even the dead. When I was growing up it was not that long ago - and protecting children was not a priority. Not the impression I ever got as a child. If ever anyone saw children hurting - they would shut their doors. If dad hit - mom joined in. When we screamed for help - neighbours windows would slam shut. We had been hit and pinched and dragged out of Church by an arm as a toddler. No one said a word. Same goes for grocery stores - parking lots. Many public places. Left in hot cars alone. Left home alone - age 4. Dad tried to hit us with the car in the parking lot of a pizza place. Dad would come to school and scream and threaten. We couldn't be the only family like this. Huge city too.

It is just really different for some to see this complete turnaround - and so many saying if ever I saw a child being harmed I would rescue them. The truth is people did not know how to act when they saw abuse in public. They were probably scared too. And after seeing one time - and doing nothing they are no longer surprised by the 10th time and why report it then.

That is my own perspective - and I was a child when it all went down so might not mean much.

Not surprised, but very sickening. Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz are scumbags. They are enablers and just as bad.

Penn State should get death penalty
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...n-wake-of-freeh-report-child-sex-abuse-071212

Penn State football team should be disbanded. The Penn State Scandal is the worst sports scandal ever. This makes SMU, 1919 Black Socks, and 2003 Baylor Basketball Scandal nothing. A whole institution took part. They Baylor scandal was a coach, Dave Bliss.

Tim Curley- "I am planning on meeting with the other person next Monday on the other subject."

Gary Schultz- "Tim I am assuming you have got the ball to 1) talk with the subject ASAP regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility..."

These are quotes from the emails included as exhibits in the Freeh report. Why all of the secrecy between one another?

I've always wondered the same thing. Makes me think that there are a lot of people in state college who are into little kids.

I've always wondered the same thing. Makes me think that there are a lot of people in state college who are into little kids.

yep and what about the creep that took his grand daughter into the men's shower. He testified FOR Sandusky.......hope someone looks into his past also!

Does anyone else wonder why Sandusky held so much power over men that were more powerful than he was?[/QUOT

freeh got itr...they were protecting the program, NOT sandusky. E]

freeh nailed it...it was ALL about protecting the program and their jobs...in 1998 and 2001 when this all came down, penn state was going thru a really down period of wins vs losses....if this had come out, it would have killed recruiting, and it would have cost paterno his jobs, and probably these guys their jobs too. they werent protecting sandusky...they were protecting their jobs and the football program.

Jerry Sandusky was the 800 pound gorilla fueled by his enablers.

<modsnip>

What follows is :cow: and a very humble :cow: at that... but I don't think that it was Sandusky that held the power. I think these four were in thrall to a larger god, one that they each felt they had helped create, and that god was the Image of Penn State & Its Football Team.

Sandusky appeared to be a good apostle for this god, suitable for rolling out at golf tourneys and fundraisers, crafty with defensive coaching and hoistable on padded shoulders after wins. Maybe a little awkward socially, but he does SUCH good work with KIDS... Kids that they could hold up as examples of what a good and gracious god they had created. Kids who with a little hard work and spit-shining might someday be worthy of becoming followers of this god too.

And when it turned out that the apostle was no saint, they couldn't go in for public excommunication and exposure, since that would tarnish the golden idol they had created and sustained. They had to keep feeding innocent children to the hungry god they had created, and so it seemed sensible to treat the sinful apostle "humanely;" it seemed wise not to desire too many details of the sins; it seemed that since they had birthed this god or served it so well that its strength would always protect them.

I am not a religious person, and please know that I do not mean any of the above to offend those who are. The Old Testament story of the Golden Calf (Exodus?) just seems to offer so many fitting parallels here.

Aaaand to wind circuitously back to my original point, I don't think JS had any sway over C, S, S and P that he did not derive from simply having the fortune to land the job he did, when he did, working under the people he did.

Did I say :moo: ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back