Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

My suspicions are right in line with your thinking on this. It is my opinion that KB knew where Zahra was and that there was contact of sorts. EB's MySpace page before it was taken down had KB listed as a friend so there was always that avenue of contact.

Just after Zahra was reported missing KB's profile pix changed to blank where it used to have a picture. The snag of EB's MySpace friends page shows KB with a picture in her profile so they were friends on MS at the very least IMO prior to/just as Zahra went missing.

We may very well determine that the apple don't fall very far from the tree as the saying goes IMO.

WOW! I just found this post!!! Wow...that goes against KB's story...unless EB lied about exactly where they were....but it would not have been to difficult to find out based upon her online conversations!
Wow!

For all intents and purpose it helps to view ZB's biological mother in the same mind frame as if she had placed her daughter for adoption. Although we have indications now that she was searching for her, we have no indication that she officially every sought to recover her. As a parent who placed a child for adoption, I am not being unfairly harsh or slandering her with this statement. It appears that she for whatever reason walked out of Zahra's life at birth and believed that Zahra was in better care with her father, because of her medical issues (depression).

Although she must now have serious regret about her choices, I find the sympathy and assumptions that she was greatly wrong a bit over done.

I have reconnected with the child I placed for adoption. Make no mistake, the victory of her his accomplishments and the sorrow over his difficulties belong to him and the parents that raised him when I chose not to. I googled him often, tried to assure myself he was safe and growing, but I did not contact him because I had no right to, I gave up that right when I walked away. And in my humble opinion that seems to be what happened here, and unfortunate or not it has no bearing on the tragedy that unfolded. In fact any bearing it does have is that some measure of credit should be given to AB for staying stepped up to the plate in a situation many young men would have not risen to. This does not negate any bad choices he mad later.

Very well said.

Edited to ad that I don't blame ED for what happened to ZB, nor do I judge her for life's choices or her PPD issues. PPD is a *****. I suffered from it after the birth of my children. I sympathize with the woman - it's obvious she's broken hearted & riddled with guilt and sadness. I'm just not convinced her search was very extensive and consistent throughout the years and the notion AB was able to elude her for a decade is just not something I can accept - nor is it important that I do so and it's certainly not relevant to what's happened to ZB. ED is not the villain here, and truthfully she owes no one an explanation as to why she let AB raise ZB. It's just so very tragic, all the way around.

Let's start moving the discussion back on the interview and less on mum's ability to parent. Her parenting skills have nothing to do with what happened to Zahra. Whatever she shoulda woulda coulda done is now mute and negative speculation can only cause more pain to her. She's suffered enough.

Thank you Kimster!

I've hesitated to bring this up because it's very personal, but I've had this exact same experience here in the US. It's possible it may fall out of the choice I made NOT to spend any more money on the fight through attorneys after some very bad experiences and also because of some of my basic beliefs, but that is what happened.

I second that. My ex and I had shared custody and I have been unable to get full access to some medical records for my son even after producing the legal documents proving my entitlement. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, Zahra's mum apparently lacked the financial resources, legal assistance and assertive personality that I have, which led to me ultimately getting full custody. But again, it took 5 years and close to $30K. Please don't judge her. We can't know what she did or didn't do, the resistance she may have met, and so on. Bureacrats are universal and if they believed rubbish that AB told them or just didn't like the way she presented it is very believable that information to which she had legal entitlement may have been withheld.

Im starting this thread as we have learned that Zahras Mum may be on her way to the USA,
Im asking if any one knows of a reputable organization that will work with ED when she gets here where we can get in touch to help her with anything she might need help with, wether it be support, or financiall??.

I feel a great need to help her in any way I can.

I am praying that she will be able to take her daughter back with her when the time comes. I cannot imagine that Zahras remains would go to anyone but her, Zahras remains going back to KB/AB would add insult to injury, putting it mildly.

ty for this idea. I don't have anything to suggest to help but will try to research some suitible organizations over the next day or two.

ty for this idea. I don't have anything to suggest to help but will try to research some suitible organizations over the next day or two.

TY, I dont know where to start, do you think LE would be helpful?
I have no desire to know where shes staying I just feel like I need to help in that territory, I think Zahra would like that.I want to make sure its legit.
If anyone knows what it feels like being in a strange country with no support, it would be Zahra.

I honestly don't think it's something to bother LE with. They have victims groups that help people in these situations and I'm sure they will refer ED to the appropriate groups. It's not anything we can or should try to handle IMO.

I am quite sure that the Australian embassy will be very helpful and compassionate toward ED and will assist in anything she would need while here. But that's JMHO

It'd be nice if HLN (JVM and NG) kicked in something to assist but they'd probably want something in return, an exclusive interview just used as a platform to bash'.

I am quite sure that the Australian embassy will be very helpful and compassionate toward ED and will assist in anything she would need while here. But that's JMHO
I would think so also.

I wonder if the victim's advocate in the DA's office will also assist.

No matter what reasons were for not having custody of ZB. perhaps lack of knowledge on how to find when never suspect in the United States, perhaps depression and perhaps her own mental state went past post partum depression.

I know that no matter what her tears were real, her torn heart was real, guilt, the horrific images in her mind of what happened, the hatred toward those responsible.

She has a lot to deal with. I hope she gets the support she needs. I am not advising 15 minutes of fame and donations beyond what she needs. I do believe that she is deserved decent therapy for her needs by the best there is.. not a support group but intense therapy to help her provided by a kind facility that will help heal what they can.

I really resent the way that Nancy Grace and JVM are making her out to be uncaring, I do see they have slacked off a little perhaps they see the out pour of those who think it is just plain cruel.

I hope the best for her.. The life she has will never ever be the same, not ever.
If I were her I would not be able to help myself to fully just attack AB. I just would not be able to help it.

I would like to see an attorney volunteer their time to help her wade thru the United States legal system. They could advise her of what rights she has in the states. They probably could help her with victims advocate groups. I hope she can bring a family member or friend with her for support.

I would think so also.

I wonder if the victim's advocate in the DA's office will also assist.

Unfortunately from personal experience I can say that the victim's advocate people here in Caldwell County are excellent.

They come into the situation quickly and stay until the very end. Or for however long the victims families need them.

I expect if Zahra's biomum does show up the LE will have someone waiting to help her with whatever she needs.

I posted earlier that I can only imagine that IF ED is coming to Hickory, it will be to collect her daughter's remains.

But do we have ANY actual evidence that she is on her way? I have not heard anything from MSM!

If there is a link...can you please post it? :)

I posted earlier that I can only imagine that IF ED is coming to Hickory, it will be to collect her daughter's remains.

But do we have ANY actual evidence that she is on her way? I have not heard anything from MSM!

Hmmm, I do hope she gets support when or if she gets here but I am ever mindful of what happened to Zahra. Everyone knew Zahra was in trouble and most wanted to help but somehow she fell through the cracks anyway.

It would be disconcerting to find ED mostly alone and friendless when she arrives. We all want to help but assume someone else will pick up the slack, I hope someone is in a position to do just that.

Also I hope NG stops bashing her, I have no Idea why she feels compelled to pick on ED, I can only imagine how she would feel to see a NG episode slamming her for letting her daughter down.

NewsChannel 36 has also learned that Emily Dietrich, Zahra's biological mother, is on her way to Hickory.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/Search-for-Zahra-Baker-returns-to-Dudley-Shoals-Road-107047579.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back