Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very welcome! Let me know if you ever head this way!!

I will! My parents live just across the lake. I was actually born in New Orleans. If I had more money, I'd be down there a lot more!!!! I usually make in at least one a year, so hopefully sometime this year I'll get back there again!!!! New Orleans is always in my heart. I always say, you can take the girl out of New Orleans, but you can't take New Orleans out of the girl!!!! I hope my parents go to Jazzfest this year. I love it when they send me a t-shirt! And they are sending a kingcake for my husband's birthday! I can't wait for that!!!!

Well, the humidity is bad.......but the good news.....the temperature here today is 77 degrees.

Love the food, music, the people and the food and the food :)

And the Saints!!!! Who Dat

We're having the same weather here....windows open, fresh air...nice!

New Orleans has the BEST food ANYWHERE, and I love good food! Salivating just thinking about it...:D

Drew Brees...w00t! I'm a Patriots fan, by association ...my husband's a Yankee from Beantown, so we'll have to see if Tom Brady has the right stuff today.

And if I had to choose between cod fish and baked beans...and beignets and chicory coffee, welllllll...no contest, baby! :crazy:

I thought that some locals were going to church this morning-waiting to hear their reports on the potential sanctuary for FCA

I will! My parents live just across the lake. I was actually born in New Orleans. If I had more money, I'd be down there a lot more!!!! I usually make in at least one a year, so hopefully sometime this year I'll get back there again!!!! New Orleans is always in my heart. I always say, you can take the girl out of New Orleans, but you can't take New Orleans out of the girl!!!! I hope my parents go to Jazzfest this year. I love it when they send me a t-shirt! And they are sending a kingcake for my husband's birthday! I can't wait for that!!!!

Look familiar?

https://www.randazzokingcake.com/

mannyLogo.png

Hmm. Let's see if anyone knows this, I certainly don't but you're all smart and I'm dumb, so just thought it would be interesting to see. Of any criminal cases where the defendant was found not guilty, how many of them were then found guilty in the civil cases that followed? I know OJ, but any other statistics?

We're having the same weather here....windows open, fresh air...nice!

New Orleans has the BEST food ANYWHERE, and I love good food! Salivating just thinking about it...:D

Drew Brees...w00t! I'm a Patriots fan, by association ...my husband's a Yankee from Beantown, so we'll have to see if Tom Brady has the right stuff today.

And if I had to choose between cod fish and baked beans...and beignets and chicory coffee, welllllll...no contest, baby! :crazy:

I have the A/C on!

I'm pulling for the Giants (NFC) and the Patriots. We love Breezus the most - but Peyton and Eli are our native sons too.

Game in 1.5 hours!

Hmm. Let's see if anyone knows this, I certainly don't but you're all smart and I'm dumb, so just thought it would be interesting to see. Of any criminal cases where the defendant was found not guilty, how many of them were then found guilty in the civil cases that followed? I know OJ, but any other statistics?

You are not dumb. You found the motion for AZ the other day. I remember!
If we answer correctly do we get a prize? <just kidding>

You are not dumb. You found the motion for AZ the other day. I remember!
If we answer correctly do we get a prize? <just kidding>

sweet! Thanks! Sure you get a prize, actually I have two codes, each worth $10 to LiveNation.com, for use to buy concert tickets or t-shirts or whatever, I won them in a sweepstakes but I'll never use them. Who wants 'em?

I have only visited New Orleans once and loved Cafe du Monde... Loved the entertaining mimes and all the street acts..

I have never tasted a King Cake, Bayou. It looks yummie!! What does it taste like?

The king cake is a large cinnamon type roll with colored sugar on top. You can get them plain or with different fillings (like bavarian cream, strawberry, etc.)

And, they have a tiny plastic baby hid inside. Whoever gets the piece with the baby buys the next king cake (and has good luck).

sweet! Thanks! Sure you get a prize, actually I have two codes, each worth $10 to LiveNation.com, for use to buy concert tickets or t-shirts or whatever, I won them in a sweepstakes but I'll never use them. Who wants 'em?

I wonder if they work for the Biloxi Blues Fest......
Checking it out.

I wonder if they work for the Biloxi Blues Fest......
Checking it out.

Biloxi Blues is one of my favorite movies.

"No, I think you're funny, Wykowski; you forgot to eat your aluminum tray! "

Today's sermon:
Preaching Roms 5:1-11 "Jesus is a Far Greater Savior Than We Are Sinners." Please join us in exalting the Lord!

Today's sermon:
Preaching Roms 5:1-11 "Jesus is a Far Greater Savior Than We Are Sinners." Please join us in exalting the Lord!

Since there are trespassing signs on the property, I am wondering if the Pastor let visitors/newcomers in the service. If not than how is he going to preach the gospel to other lost sinners. If he denies entry to others than I will have to say he has an agenda. Not trying to put him down because I really do not know if he has motives or just a sincere concern. I have heard he got a good donation that was anonymous but that does not mean much to me. Also wondering if any of the media would try to show up Sunday worship there to try to get a story. I have a feeling they won't/did not.
Anyway if she is still there I hope he is a fervent prayer. He will need lots of help.

Well, the humidity is bad.......but the good news.....the temperature here today is 77 degrees.

Love the food, music, the people and the food and the food :)

And the Saints!!!! Who Dat

:seeya: We are neighbors:) I'm about an hour away from you. Will be warm and humid over here in Biloxi, too...yesterday was gorgeous! And a BIG Who Dat right back at ya. The game broke my heart last week, but I love our boys in black and gold!

Cafe DuMonde Beignets! Yumma yumma. New Orleans ...what a great city; only been there once but fell in love with it. Great food, great music, great architecture, great vibe. The humidity is awful, though! And I always thought Florida was the most humid place on the planet...not so!

New Orleans is very humid in the summer and I have been there. It is near swamps and Lake Ponchartrain, which explains the high humidity.

I read that too. Wish the close neighbor who claims he or she saw her would speak to a reliable source. If this is true I don't think the neighbors are happy campers. Like mother, like daughter and GA still left out in the cold.

Thanks, Ricki. That's why I was asking for a link - to see if it was from a reliable source.

Would any of us be surprised if she ends up at home? Personally I think she was tired of staying where she was and this was all in her plan to get back home where she can get to that money. She's playing with her mother again, IMO, and visa versa. If CA is not concerned about GA you'd think she'd be concerned about the dogs. jmo

I would not be surprised considering CA reaction to the verdict.

Wonder if the anonymous donations to the church came from the national enquirer ~L~ Perhaps someone involved in the church is leaking information about FCA..

Also, I mentioned days ago, that I thought FCA would go home but was poo-pooed...everyone stating that FCA hated her parents too much to go back home.

BUt if you think about it..who else will have her??

also, perhaps the family will profit more with media leaks about fca instead of the church..LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998