Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bdsong:

(mine is tomorrow!)

OT Beth Karas is a very pretty woman in additional to always being informative and intelligent. I love it when she covers a case.

I thought it was unusal for them to be there. I'm sure it was an emotional day for the jury as well. I know I would have been ready to go home.

JTF,
You should write a book. You need to think about that. You've been there from beginning to end.

Beth Karras on HLN just noting that it was apparently unusual to keep the jury seated during the reading of the verdict.

I think it's a good thing that the jury was in there to hear Judge Stephens' statement. I think if any of them had any doubt at all, or regret that they were condemning this man to a life of imprisonment, the judge validated their decision and they should be able to go home this evening and know they did a good job. After all, this isn't this judge's first DV murder case. He's seen this over and over and over.

The judge knew!

Heartbreaking all around.

JMHO
fran

PS>...I saw one news broadcast where I THINK it was LF who went back to a room to retrieve some type of clothes bag. I guess Cummins (?) wanted something of MY in the courtroom and it was MY's cheer leading outfit. :(

I wish I could recall exactly if it was LF or MF, but it was one of them. They hugged the folded bag towards their body as they walked away. Tears, all the way around. Even the pros. No one wins. :(

ETA: I found out after seeing written articles about the news broadcast I saw earlier about the family after the verdict was read as they were preparing to leave the courthouse, it wasn't MY's cheer leading outfit in the bag LF was carrying, but a suit of MY's that was in the color of her alma mater. (apparently ONE of the colors of her cheerleading outfit) Excuse me for the incorrect information. I'm a visual person rather than audio. Let me see it in writing and I'm set. Audio, LOL, not so much, fran............

I thought it was unusal for them to be there. I'm sure it was an emotional day for the jury as well. I know I would have been ready to go home.

Without having heard a peep from them, I believe they wanted to see justice for Michelle and Rylan through to the end.

OT Beth Karas is a very pretty woman in additional to always being informative and intelligent. I love it when she covers a case.

She is terrific. I was thinking this afternoon she looks younger and prettier now than when she covered the S. Peter. case. I hope she is back for the RA case as well as Hayes or Haze case here in NC.

All of Judge Stephens' statement:

The court’s assessment of the evidence in the case is actually pretty simple. It’s a domestic violence homicide case. If you believe the state's evidence in this case, and apparently the jury did, the fingerprints of domestic violence are all over this case. They create a very unmistakable and all too predictable pattern of conduct. From the evidence, it would appear that they showed, the evidence appeared to the court, showed a relationship that escalated from disagreements to irreconcilable differences in which the defendant had pretty much declared that he was done with the marriage. They show a relationship that had moved from being unpleasant to volatile and that was the description of all their friends. It appeared to be a relationship in which some traumatic event was, not only predictable, but almost inevitable. And reviewing the evidence the other night, I was thinking about it and it appeared to me that if on Nov. 2 of 2006, Michelle Young had called the police and reported that her husband had beaten her, and the police had responded and found her with missing teeth, a broken nose and blackened eyes, no one that this couple knew, including their closest, closest friends, would have been surprised. They would not, in my opinion, have been a bit surprised. So why would anyone be surprised when Michelle Young was found beaten to death? The pattern is the same. The case is similar to every other case of domestic violence that has been played out in this courtroom in years past. The assailant that actually killed Michelle Young inflicted a beating on her. This woman wasn’t just murdered; she suffered a beating the likes of which we seldom see. This woman was punished. The assailant struck her over 30 times with a weapon of some sort. She was undoubtedly unconscious after the second or third blow. But it would appear that the evidence suggests that the assailant continued to beat her until he was exhausted. Only then did he stop beating her because he didn’t have the strength to strike her anymore. The way the court views the evidence. The evidence suggests that the assailant was overcome completely by anger and rage. And even then, apparently, he had the energy to strip her of her engagement and wedding rings perhaps because, in his mind, she was unworthy to wear them. It’s certainly noteworthy in the evidence, that the defendant had previously committed an act of violence on a former fiancé and had stripped her of her engagement ring, violently; when she had challenged him or somehow proven herself unworthy to wear them. So I would say, the evidence in this case suggests that Mr. Young has a significant mental health issue, he has significant anger management issues, and significant issues involving women. And all of this evidence is clear and consistent and unmistakable and a pattern of domestic violence. He had not only the motive and opportunity to commit this crime but the circumstances at the crime scene point directly to him. I have no quarrel with this jury verdict and therefore all the credible evidence supporting the jury verdict, the motion to set aside the jury verdict is denied.

:jail:Y E S !!!!:jail:
Forever you big bully.:maddening:
Finally. Finally....
what a dispicable man. (imo)
Not only murdering his wife and unborn baby boy....to leave his precious little daughter there....little bloody footprints....
I'd like just 10 minutes with him.:maddening: (i need 10----i'm older & slower)

I hope prision is all you can hope it to be you (left blank on purpose).

...and i thought sp ticked me off.:banghead:
all :moo:
(hope i wasn't out of line Tricia):truce:

I know that nothing will ever assuage the pain of the loss of Michelle for Linda, Meredith and poor little Cassie, a tiny girl who will never know the warmth of her mother's embrace; what it would have been like to play with Rylan, and look out for him as his big sister. Now she will never have a blood relative until she one day has her own children. But I hope and pray that this justice can in some small way bring them all even the tiniest sliver of peace. I will continue to pray for them because they will never get over this loss. Especially little Cassie who was robbed of a life by a selfish, despicable individual. I think it is beyond disgusting for anyone to opine that Linda somehow benefitted from this since she received some money from the estate. I think Linda Fisher would give every cent and move heaven and earth to be able to hold her daughter again. No parent should have to see their baby daughter brutalized and degraded and broken the way her daughter was. I can't even imagine how one would be able to face the world, having seen the little girl you carried beaten to a bloody pulp, jaw bone protruding from her face, teeth knocked clean out of her mouth. My prayers tonight are for the Fishers. May you find peace. Michelle is holding her son, looking down on you always.

I was hoping for a guilty verdict, and I'm so glad he will never hurt anyone again!

If there was any case that deserved "life in prison", this is it!

I have what is probably a dumb question. Was the jury still in the courtroom while he sentenced JY?

Figures I have a migraine and slept thru the verdict lol

Yes, Beth Karas said they all stayed when the Judge sentenced Jason.

LF was in the elevator on Fri when I was leaving. She wears a ladybug necklace, which is her special symbol for her daughter, who loved ladybugs. I pointed to her necklace and just smiled and nodded (I already knew why she wore it and what it symbolized).

A woman standing next to LF saw our exchange and then asked her about her necklace and she said, "that's my daughter and she's with me every day. Every minute of every day." She looked like she was going to burst into tears but she didn't. Very, very strong woman, having gone through what she went through.

I am flooded with relief, yet heartbroken for LF and family. Justice has been served, but they will have to live without Michelle and Rylan for the rest of their lives.

HC got emotional on HLN with Vinnie. Vinnie asked him what he's going to do tonight and he said he was going to go spend time with his daughters. His voice cracking.

A little part of me will always wonder if he had help but I can accept that the jury reaching 1st degree did not believe he had an accomplice. I'll get over it.

A little part of me will always wonder if he had help but I can accept that the jury reaching 1st degree did not believe he had an accomplice. I'll get over it.

~jmo IF he had an accomplice he will start talking now.
no way he will let them remain free because he was 100%
certain this would all just "go away"

I was unable to hold back tears of gratitude when I heard the verdict...GUILTY! God Bless the Fisher Family and RIP Michelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288