Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japans emperor what function does he serve??
I thought they had a government? Doesn't an emperor and a government contradict one another???

A guy from my hometown, who currently lives in Japan, posted 12 hours ago on facebook that he was being evacuated. He lives 300 km south of anything. :eek: Scary!

Japans emperor what function does he serve??
I thought they had a government? Doesn't an emperor and a government contradict one another???

The emperor's function is purely ceremonial.

Peeples, I kinda think the Emperor is like a figure head. Sorta like the Queen in England - although the Queen has more power than the Emperor (after all - we did kinda shut them down with Hiroshima and all).

I was a little surprised to see that they still had an Emperor and even more to hear that he very rarely speaks publicly.

Thanks guys :)
I never paid attention in my government class in Jr. High LOL after all I would NEVER need any of that info LOL

I shouldn't be nervous about the statement, I am anyway. We all know what it will be.

"Remain calm. Take precautions. No particular reason since our risk is small. We'l send aid to Japan. Have a nice day. POTUS out."

ok - just heard the word for today

dilatarious (sp?) The scientist just on FOX used it. I can't find it. Closest I can find is:

dilatoriness: causing delay; inclined to delay; slow.

I think that's it because he was talking about the effects of radiation on people in the long run.

So far we have:

paucity

oh man, can't remember the one from yesterday

and now today

dilatorious

WHAT WAS THE ONE FROM YESTERDAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online