TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks usually volunteer to take the poly, whats going on here?

We don't know that they haven't volunteered. They may have. For all we know they may have been given polygraphs and been instructed not to tell anyone at all about them.

Thanks for that info. Can the police formally interview a minor without parental permission? Can the parent of a minor say "no" to a request for an interview by a LE officer?

There are loopholes in Texas law here. Parents must be contacted "immediately" if a child they have legal custody of is taken into custody by police.

However... "immediately" is kind of a matter of opinion, up to 6 hours. Just like with a lawyer if the child demands their parents be present, they will contact them right then. Otherwise, they will likely wait as long as possible to question them first.

They also can still lie to them just like an adult suspect... so imagine what they could tell a child suspect without any adult there.

If someone else questions the child, with the officer just simply in the room listening... they do not have to inform the parents of that.

Absolutely, a parent can refuse to have a minor interviewed by LE. I probably wouldn't refuse outright. But depending on the situation I would probably have an attorney present.

My child has no social skills and will always appear to be lying. She does not make eye contact, always acts nervous and guilty. I would be the only one who could tell them whether she was lying and they obviously wouldn't take me real seriously. So I would be very concerned about her being wrongly accused of something.

I don't think the teenagers are even an issue in this case until those CLOSER to Hailey have been eliminated. (Her teenage brother has an alibi.) You start at the inner circle and work out. They haven't even cleared the nuclear center, no need to go to the outer ring yet. :twocents:

Here is the first link that came up, someone with more time could probably find another one.

http://www.texaszerotolerance.com/data/criminals_revenue.html

That 30-minute phone call that the neighbor said she saw Hailey making around noon outside... Who was she calling? AND... why can't the mom just scroll through her "calls made" list? I guess either she set the options on the phone not to store numbers dialed, or Hailey deleted it from the record. Does this puzzle anyone else - why they have to get the records?

Yes, it is very puzzling..because not only would you think you could just scrool thru cell phone but in this day and age pretty much everything is via internet.. whatever mobile company they are with surely has a website where you can log in at any time of day 24/7 and look at anything to do with any cell on your plan..look at calls in/out/missed along with the amt of time for each, as well as all text in/out, and any internet use from the cell as well.

So, am very confused when it was stated the mom's cell records were supposed to have "come in" today..As in come in from where? I don't get that at alll

Yes, it is very puzzling..because not only would you think you could just scrool thru cell phone but in this day and age pretty much everything is via internet.. whatever mobile company they are with surely has a website where you can log in at any time of day 24/7 and look at anything to do with any cell on your plan..look at calls in/out/missed along with the amt of time for each, as well as all text in/out, and any internet use from the cell as well.

So, am very confused when it was stated the mom's cell records were supposed to have "come in" today..As in come in from where? I don't get that at alll

Yes, I accessed mine to see if any numbers were called a few years back after my phone was stolen. Haven't been able to with other providers though.

I need to hit the sack... be back in the morn. Hopefully, Billie will have her baby back.

with the ability the spoof caller ID LE wants official records of incoming calls, not the display on your phone

The BF as everyone is calling him, is a former student of Snyder High School. He attended with my daughters. If he graduated from Snyder, on time. He would have been in the class of 2003. I knew him years ago, and he was quiet. So with that being said, the fact that he did not speak while Billie was being interviewed is not surprising.

Honestly, what bothered me was the smile on his face during the interview at the exact time that Billie was saying they were all distraught.
Add to that a change in his daily routine on the very day she goes missing, and he is the last one to see her, and whalla, suspect. He needs to take a poly, and pass it, asap, or the thoughts about him being involved will only increase.

She also has a couple kids that dislike her, and I hope they have been interviewed only because anything is possible.

I don't suspect the mom, dad, or sm at all right now.

A whole lot of LE on this case. I'm sure they will find out who. I hope to hear that they luminated her house, do a search, and all that, as well as her dad's house, and the bf's if he has a residence other than the mom's house.

moo

Honestly, what bothered me was the smile on his face during the interview at the exact time that Billie was saying they were all distraught.
Add to that a change in his daily routine on the very day she goes missing, and he is the last one to see her, and whalla, suspect. He needs to take a poly, and pass it, asap, or the thoughts about him being involved will only increase.

She also has a couple kids that dislike her, and I hope they have been interviewed only because anything is possible.

I don't suspect the mom, dad, or sm at all right now.

A whole lot of LE on this case. I'm sure they will find out who. I hope to hear that they luminated her house, do a search, and all that, as well as her dad's house, and the bf's if he has a residence other than the mom's house.

moo

~BBM~ It has been said bf has his own place and does not live with Billie.
16yo brother supposedly has an alibi~IBM~ I am sure older brothers have friends, have they been questioned?
I wish school was back in, I am sure there will be chatter there! Might even find some to question imo.
Praying for Hailey and her family!

What time did Hailey's brother get home that night?

How long was Hailey alone with SA if he legitimately arrived at the house at 3pm??

Hailey likely FREQUENTLY walked to school, walked to her friend's house, walked to her dad's. I don't discount the bloodhounds, but I just think it is not related.

If we take the boyfriend's words, Hailey left her home to visit her dad a few houses down, and then went to spend the night with a friend---yet SA let her leave without anything she would need to spend the night away (toothbrush, hairbrush, etc). I know 13 year old girls can pack their own bags, but it would seem odd to me that a 13 year old wouldn't be asked questions: "Did you get your toothbrush? Do you need spending money? What time are you going to be home? etc". Surely one would SEE that she was leaving without any bags.
Further, we are told that Hailey said nothing to her friend about spending the night.
So, there was a suggestion that Hailey must be 'meeting someone' at the hotel.
But, again, the boyfriend tells us that Hailey was last seen wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. So, we are led to believe that Hailey, a beautiful, intelligent 13 year old girl, who has shown absolutely NO signs of being promiscuous or risky, not only met a stranger at a hotel....she also told none of her friends, took absolutely nothing with her, and wore sweats for her very first visit with her 'online boyfriend'.

I just don't buy this story.
I really wish we knew more about SA, about his schedule that day and why it coincidentally changed the one day Hailey went missing. all moo.

What time did Hailey's brother get home that night?

How long was Hailey alone with SA if he legitimately arrived at the house at 3pm??
~snipped by me for space~
Not sure what time brother arrived, but was not there when Hailey left.
It has been reported SA arrived at 3pm and Hailey left at 3:15

I don't think the boyfriend would have been expected to question Hailey about why she wasn't bringing anything with her, or when she would be home. We've been told he doesn't live there. Most likely, if Hailey told him what he said, she just asked him to pass the message onto her mom and he said OK.

Good Morning Everyone! :great:
I feel energized today! We finally appear to have the help we need to sort out this mess!

With all due respect to those who began this investigation in C-City, the fact that they have stated that they are going back to the beginning is the best thing I could hear, next to hearing of Hailey's safe return.

The last page or two of posts seem to be getting to the core of the situation. I am sure that there are bits and peices of info gleaned in the first few days of the investigation which could have been more thoroughly pursued, such as the phone call records. I hope that CCPD has requested ping info on SA's (the BF) cell.

There are problems with SA's timeline and story of what happened Monday, Dec. 27th. If we find out today that the reported backyard call by Hailey did not happen, we need to include the night of the 26th and early morning of the 27th, I say this because, in my experience with 13yr old girls on Christmas break, a girl Hailey's age probably would have been sleeping in her bedroom when Mom left for work. I don't always look in on my teen if I have to leave in the morning when they are sleeping in, especially if I am leaving for something expected, like work. Unless Billie saw and spoke with a walking, talking Hailey before work, we can't be sure that she was okay. ( Unless of course, there is proof she was talking on the phone that day)

Please, if anyone reading here can find out about SA's, ( Mom's BF), work...what type of work he does, where he works, and most importantly, what hours did he work that day? Was he fidgety or did he seeem upset? Did he leave in a hurry? Was it ood for him to leave when he did?

If you are a guest reading here, please sign up and let us know if you have any info, even a tiny bit can lead us to more answers! If you have a tip for police, call CCPD! (All calls to CCPD that I know have been made in the last week have gotten only an answering machine, so if that's all you get, leave your message.) I can get a mesage to the family if you feel your important tip is lost in the shuffle. (hope that's okay with Tricia!)

Let's find Hailey TODAY!

I don't think the boyfriend would have been expected to question Hailey about why she wasn't bringing anything with her, or when she would be home. We've been told he doesn't live there. Most likely, if Hailey told him what he said, she just asked him to pass the message onto her mom and he said OK.

I agree he wouldn't be "expected' to do so, but he's been with Hailey's mother long enough that she would be frustrated with him for not being home with her children when he was supposed to be (when he didn't come home for lunch that day), so I think the person who knows him best, Billie, is who can answer this question best. Does he NORMALLY just let Hailey do whatever she wants whenever she wants, without any supervision or does he normally follow mom's rules or get verification that mom is ok with it??
I'm looking for variations from the norm. He had a couple of significant variations that day.

They need to check the boarded up house next door and one across the street! Especially with known RSO (s) on that street that probably are aware of these abandoned homes.
Let's bring Hailey home today!

Polygraphs need to be done immediately. I have raised two girls one at a time and they both had stepfathers, never, if they left for the skating rink or any where else did the dad's know what they had on. Who gave the clothing description?

KWYM. My DH is right across the room from me and he would be hardpressed to recall what I have on Now!
I read last night Hailey was wearing pink and white shoes, which I guess I assumed tennis shoes but then it was posted how upset her Mother was because she left in Flip Flops and didn't take her hoodie and might be cold.

The boyfriends myspace page he was using in 2007 has a lovely blog entry.

snipped and paraphrased:

GET A F@CKING LIFE, A REAL JOB, REAL T*TS AND SEW YOUR C*NT UP!

I just though I'd re-post this little gem of a quote for those who missed last night's posts. I am sure that a profiler would have a field day with this one! SA seems to have quite an interesting attitude in regard to women.

I just though I'd re-post this little gem of a quote for those who missed last night's posts. I am sure that a profiler would have a field day with this one! SA seems to have quite an interesting attitude in regard to women.

True, but I remain hopeful that this is the worst of his background. Being a jerk online isn't illegal. So far no one's uncovered anything worse.

True, but I remain hopeful that this is the worst of his background. Being a jerk online isn't illegal. So far no one's uncovered anything worse.

I agree! however, there was a local on last night that said his name is well known around town but she/he didn't elaborate.

They need to check the boarded up house next door and one across the street! Especially with known RSO (s) on that street that probably are aware of these abandoned homes.
Let's bring Hailey home today!

Yes, I did notice the boarded up house across the street, via Google Eye in the Sky and it gave me the creeps...not very scientific but when I ran into that....shivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth