Protesters could be hindering conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the protesters serve the purpose of letting this disgusting family know exactly how outraged the public is over all their lies, excuses and criticism of LE who are doing their best to locate Caylee. I am all in favor of their protesting as long as they stay within the law.

I completely agree with you! Keep protesting!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I believe they are serving a noble purpose and that is to continue to bring attention to Caylee which would have been gone from the media by now if it were not for them.

You are so right! :clap::clap::clap:The cameras leaving and leaving the Anthony's alone will not accomplish keeping the focus on finding Caylee's remains and bringing her murderer to justice!

I said a couple of weeks back that someone was going to end up hurt. Today two young girls were almost hit. If they saw that car coming, they should have stepped back out of the way. Kids do not belong in that kind of situation. They do not have good judgement. Neighborhood kids can't get out and ride their bikes because of all this. It's ridiculous! George is a ticking time bomb. Who would want to put their kids or their dogs in the way of a bomb?
And if they'd gotten hit, it would have totally been Lee Anthony's fault! The girls had every right to be there. Lee does NOT have the right to mow them down with his car, his driver's license ought to be revoked for that kind of reckless driving! Somebody in Florida, please contact your DMV and report him. It got my crazy neighbor's license revoked!

I am not saying that we should not have the right to protest PEACEABLY. We do agree on the right to protest. But on what grounds should a protest occur is the issue.
The right to protest should be used to make changes or force changes to be made. We should only use the right to protest to fix things for the greater good of humankind. Protesting wars, abortions, bad businesses, safety issues.. etc

What is the actual purpose of the protesters but to be on tv or harrass? Do some of them actually believe that screaming at the house is going to make Casey come out and confess to them? Is is going to make the lies and mistruths go away? Is protesting going to bring Caylee home? I believe if they are wanting to make a point. The point has been made.

The situation has gotten way out of hand. Small children are being brought into the matter.

Maybe the law should be changed. The protesters need to protest by taking time to write to their State representatives. The judges are elected as well (at least in KS). They have a right to vote in tougher judges. In this case, I just think it is time for the protesters to move on.

I agree! Protesting is usually about raising the awareness of those in the public who don't know the issue or problem at hand or for addressing a place of power as a group and speaking together (i.e., outside the White House or the IHOP or on a busy intersection, whatever ... not that IHOP has been protested that I know of, just an example).

These protestors are NOT raising awareness about Caylee -- the media and the internet community are doing that. People wouldn't know these protestors even were there if it weren't for the media and the internet. All they are doing is expressing their opinion to the A's - and, once they've done that, haven't they made their point? What good does it serve to return day after day? Sure, they have the RIGHT to do so, but what GOOD does it serve? They are not part of the judicial process, so it's not serving justice. They are not up at the courthouse or the statehouse protesting and delivering petitions; they are not writing well-researched letters to their representatives or to their local newspapers--all of these would be much more fruitful, IMHO, without disrupting the neighborhood and focusing on the spectacle.

Instead, they are basically just expressing their frustration and anger and directing it at the family, and making others (neighbors) suffer while doing so. I really do believe that some of the protestors--and some of the people watching the webcam--are actually hoping for more physical confrontations. That is SICK! Just b/c someone screaming in GA's face can make him lash out doesn't mean he was involved in a cover-up or that knowledge a/b Caylee's whereabouts will be revealed more quickly, or that Casey will be prosecuted sooner or anything at all for the good of Caylee. But you can bet it'll be on the news and all the shows and everyone can click their tongues and say "I knew it! I knew he was a violent/angry/etc man!". So what? This should be about finding Caylee and then prosecuting her murderer.

Sure, if the law allows it, they have the right. The legality of what they're doing is not my point. I don't think it has any point that convinces me it's a worthwhile thing to do.

Anyone can see that someone is going to get hurt if the protesting continues. LE needs to diffuse this situation for the safety of everyone.

I agree! Protesting is usually about raising the awareness of those in the public who don't know the issue or problem at hand or for addressing a place of power as a group and speaking together (i.e., outside the White House or the IHOP or on a busy intersection, whatever ... not that IHOP has been protested that I know of, just an example).

These protestors are NOT raising awareness about Caylee -- the media and the internet community are doing that. People wouldn't know these protestors even were there if it weren't for the media and the internet. All they are doing is expressing their opinion to the A's - and, once they've done that, haven't they made their point? What good does it serve to return day after day? Sure, they have the RIGHT to do so, but what GOOD does it serve? They are not part of the judicial process, so it's not serving justice. They are not up at the courthouse or the statehouse protesting and delivering petitions; they are not writing well-researched letters to their representatives or to their local newspapers--all of these would be much more fruitful, IMHO, without disrupting the neighborhood and focusing on the spectacle.

Instead, they are basically just expressing their frustration and anger and directing it at the family, and making others (neighbors) suffer while doing so. I really do believe that some of the protestors--and some of the people watching the webcam--are actually hoping for more physical confrontations. That is SICK! Just b/c someone screaming in GA's face can make him lash out doesn't mean he was involved in a cover-up or that knowledge a/b Caylee's whereabouts will be revealed more quickly, or that Casey will be prosecuted sooner or anything at all for the good of Caylee. But you can bet it'll be on the news and all the shows and everyone can click their tongues and say "I knew it! I knew he was a violent/angry/etc man!". So what? This should be about finding Caylee and then prosecuting her murderer.

Sure, if the law allows it, they have the right. The legality of what they're doing is not my point. I don't think it has any point that convinces me it's a worthwhile thing to do.

I agree, people watch the webcam like they watch a car race, hoping for a wreck to happen. The protests aren't about Caylee, they aren't about changing the law that allows a mother to bond out of jail without telling where her missing child is, the protests are about hate. Not everything that's legal is right. I'm sure the neighbors who can't go out of their house during the day and can't sleep at night don't see anything right about the protesters shouting out obscenities at the tops of the lungs or leaving their fast food wrappers and cigarette butts littering the streets.

From a psychological standpoint, this argument makes sense. I think that they way some of the protesters are acting, (screaming insults and coming right up to the edge of the driveway), puts the Anthonys in a position of "us against them", which takes the focus off of the fact that Casey knows what happened to Caylee and isn't talking.

People who have no consideration for the rest of the neighborhood are just plain rude and obnoxious. No one looks intelligent when waving a half-smoked ciggerette in someone's face and having a conniption fit.

Quite frankly, the Anthonys have shown much better restraint than I would if someone were loitering on my street, acting like fools. Maybe the neighbors should all tune their stereos to the local Christian or classical station and turn up the volume. That would get rid of those street-trollers pretty quick.

The Anthonys are wrong for allowing Casey to enjoy the comforts of home while not cooperating with police. If she were my daughter, she would not be allowed home until she told all she knows. The protesters are doing nothing but creating a public disturbance, and that's wrong too!

Susan

I also agree that it puts the A's on the defensive. I believe some of the protesters have their hearts in the right place and feel they HAVE to do something. I realize some of them are probably able to search but maybe some aren't in good enough physical shape?

At first I thought they were trying to SHAME them into doing something consructive towards finding Caylee. Such as maybe beating it out of KC, which is likely what I would do.

SOMEONE should stand up for that innocent baby, it's too late for them to finish raising KC, Caylee deserves at lease some loyalty from someone other than complete strangers.

I used to believe they were in denial...but they are slowly proving they just don't care.

Local6 reporting that a lawsuit was just filed by the HOA against "John and Jane Doe"--the protesters, that would limit them to protesting in a vacant lot about 1 block away.

http://www.local6.com (not sure the link is up yet--the reported just now stated this)

Not to me. The reason to protest, would be to make the Anthony's see it, not a block away where they cannot see it.

But, I am happy for those who think this is a good thing, and pray the judge has an ounce of common sense.

I think the protesters are well intentioned. They think they can pressure Casey into telling the truth. If she were a normal person, she would eventually crack under the pressure. But the problem is that Casey is NOT normal. People like Casey enjoy having power over other people. Casey has ALL the power in this situation because she has the information that EVERYONE else wants. She is enjoying this power immensely. She also has complete power over her family. She is in that house with them and they CAN'T ASK her ANY questions about what happened to Caylee. She is making her paretns suffer for perceived slights and injuries she believes that she suffered at their hands. The more protesters, TV cameras and attention, the better, as far as Casey is concerned. She actually believes that she is a celebrity.

I understand why they want to do it. But I'm against anything that limits, or puts a condition on, 1st Amendment rights.

I think some of the protesters may be well intentioned, but the majority of them are there simply to see if they can get their faces on camera and, if they're really lucky, even score an interview. The luckiest of all are the ones who can goad an Anthony family member into a confrontation.

Just watch, if the protesters are moved to the vacant lot and the cameras don't follow, that will be an end to the protests.

I think the protesters are well intentioned. They think they can pressure Casey into telling the truth. If she were a normal person, she would eventually crack under the pressure. But the problem is that Casey is NOT normal. People like Casey enjoy having power over other people. Casey has ALL the power in this situation because she has the information that EVERYONE else wants. She is enjoying this power immensely. She also has complete power over her family. She is in that house with them and they CAN'T ASK her ANY questions about what happened to Caylee. She is making her paretns suffer for perceived slights and injuries she believes that she suffered at their hands. The more protesters, TV cameras and attention, the better, as far as Casey is concerned. She actually believes that she is a celebrity.

:clap::clap: Protestors=Casey's puppets.

I agree, the protesters are working for, rather than against, Casey. They've taken the family's focus off of Casey's lies and misdeeds and become a common enemy, strengthening the family ties. So long as the Anthony's are under attack, they can't even think about the truth of what happened to little Caylee.

I agree, the protesters are working for, rather than against, Casey. They've taken the family's focus off of Casey's lies and misdeeds and become a common enemy, strengthening the family ties. So long as the Anthony's are under attack, they can't even think about the truth of what happened to little Caylee.
They'll use any distraction available to take their minds off what Casey did to Caylee - online video games, shopping on eBay, hammering signs into the lawn, driving around with a billboard caboose, you name it.

I think calling the people who show up at the house 'protestors' is misleading. They're picketers, and their cause is justice for Caylee Anthony (something else the family wants to distance themselves from at all costs, apparently).

Our opinions don't matter when it comes to protesting. It is within our 1st Amendment right to do so. Is Free speech really free? Or is it only free until it infringes with our own personal beliefs?

To me, the protesters aren't much different than Greta or Nancy interviewing the family or all us posters on various blogs and crime forums. If people lose their rights to protest then how long will it be til we can't post opinions on forums and the news is squelched. Most of the protesters have probably gotten more riled up by being online and chatting about the situation to begin with. As far as their looks, most of them look like middle aged or older women who are sort of wilted by standing out in the heat and humidity of Florida. The only ones I thought looked bad were the shirtless guys, but one of them was given an unsucessful martial arts chop to the side of the neck by a neighbor. This type of hit on the neck could kill a person. If the shirtless young man was a protester (and I don't have them mixed up), he was actually risking his safety to go out and be attacked from behind for expressing his beliefs. The older women are putting themselves at some risk since they don't know what's really going on with this family. That's not something I'm sure I'd be brave enough to do. I don't think it's just to get an interview or their names in the news either. The feel connected to each other and to the case because of the internet and media.

Our opinions don't matter when it comes to protesting. It is within our 1st Amendment right to do so. Is Free speech really free? Or is it only free until it infringes with our own personal beliefs?

Actually what many people on this site don't seem to realize is that the right of free speech does have limitations. That's why we can't scream out FIRE in a crowded theater. It's why there are laws against slander or libel. No one is trying to stop the protesters from giving their legally protected opinion. Freedom of Assembly, not Freedom of Speech, is the real issue here.

Freedom of Assembly:

Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right to come together with other individuals and collectively express, promote, pursue and defend common interests.[1] The right to freedom of association is recognised as human right, political freedom and a civil liberty.
Freedom of assembly and freedom of association may be used to distinguish between the freedom to assemble in public places and the freedom of joining an association. Freedom of assembly is often used in the context of the right to protest, while freedom of association is used in the context of labour rights and the right to collective bargaining, for example by joining a trade union. Freedom of assembly as guaranteed in the Canadian Constitution and the Constitution of the United States are interpreted to mean both the freedom to assemble and the freedom to join an association.[2]

Freedom of assembly is closely linked to the right to freedom of speech. Like freedom of speech, freedom of assembly is subject to limitations, for example the American Convention on Human Rights recognises the "The right of peaceful assembly, without arms" (Article 15) and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights states that "No restrictions may be placed on the exercise of this right other than those imposed in conformity with the law and which are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security or public safety, public order, the protection of public health or morals or the protection of the rights and freedoms of others." (Article 21)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly

---------

The protesters, in exercising their right to freedom of assembly, are trampling all over the rights and freedoms of others. They are a threat to public safety and order.

I feel similarly to casey being out on bail. Our opinions really don't matter, it's her right and we should respect it;because it may come in handy for any one of us. You never know.

If she breaks the rules, the freedom should be taken. If protestors break the rules, their freedom should be taken.
I just think these protestors are going to end up being a help to the defense one day. I think they are acting foolishly, but like we agree, our opinions don't matter. I would just never choose to do what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie