Protesters could be hindering conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HOA have filed a Lawsuit today against the Protesters .. They want them to use a vacant area a block away so that the neighbors aren't disturbed !!!

On Local 6 news under the Monster Protesters ..:eek:

http://www.local6.com/news/17461673/detail.html

:boohoo:

Well, good. It's not like they are petitioning the gov't for redress of grievances, they are making monumental *advertiser censored**es of themselves disturbing the peace of private citizens and harassing and bullying the Anthony's.

If they want so badly for Casey to be arrested, let them go down to the Sherrif's office and scream and holler and make demands.

Even the pres gets to have 'protest zones'.

I feel similarly to casey being out on bail. Our opinions really don't matter, it's her right and we should respect it;because it may come in handy for any one of us. You never know.

If she breaks the rules, the freedom should be taken. If protestors break the rules, their freedom should be taken.
I just think these protestors are going to end up being a help to the defense one day. I think they are acting foolishly, but like we agree, our opinions don't matter. I would just never choose to do what they are doing.

Nicely said! Thanks!

The HOA have filed a Lawsuit today against the Protesters .. They want them to use a vacant area a block away so that the neighbors aren't disturbed !!!:boohoo:

You know, I've heard it said that we live in such a litigious society that it's gotten to the point that anyone can sue anyone over anything, and that they do. I cannot believe this HOA thinks they're so collectively above the law that they can stop people from accessing public rights-of-way.

Oh, I guess I commend them for offering vacant land where people can congregate. That's a nice gesture. But in my opinion they cannot selectively choose all of a sudden what is public to whom. Even the police have told protestors that, as long as they are on the sidewalk, that they do not have to leave. How complicated will it become if the HOA prevails in this suit, and suddenly LE has to check with the court to see if all public areas or, in fact, public.

If they were in a gated community, I can see the HOA having control over the sidewalks, etc. To my knowledge, it's not gated. I'll have to research that. I hope there's no way in he!! that the court will rule in the HOA's favor.

You know, I've heard it said that we live in such a litigious society that it's gotten to the point that anyone can sue anyone over anything, and that they do. I cannot believe this HOA thinks they're so collectively above the law that they can stop people from accessing public rights-of-way.

Oh, I guess I commend them for offering vacant land where people can congregate. That's a nice gesture. But in my opinion they cannot selectively choose all of a sudden what is public to whom. Even the police have told protestors that, as long as they are on the sidewalk, that they do not have to leave. How complicated will it become if the HOA prevails in this suit, and suddenly LE has to check with the court to see if all public areas or, in fact, public.

If they were in a gated community, I can see the HOA having control over the sidewalks, etc. To my knowledge, it's not gated. I'll have to research that. I hope there's no way in he!! that the court will rule in the HOA's favor.

Let's hope the ACLU steps in and files suit against the HOA! Maybe it's about time for me to renew my membership. I used to be a card-carrying member!

Ok, up front, this may not be the best place to post this but honestly, I don't know where else it should go.

In following up on my earlier post to research the subdivision where the A's live, my google search netted me this:

http://homeownershipissexy.blogspot.com/2008/09/house-where-casey-anthony-grew-up.html

It seems the publicity is now a marketing tool for area realtors!
:sick::sick::sick: Talk about capitalizing on this crime! Can't they even wait until she is convicted, so it can be on the murderer's tour?????

:sick::sick::sick: Talk about capitalizing on this crime! Can't they even wait until she is convicted, so it can be on the murderer's tour?????

LOL. I flat don't know. I had to look at the info on the site a couple of times before I even clicked on it, then was kinda, well, appalled! So I guess things are split over there: good marketing tool/nuisance; good marketing tool/nuisance.

Let's hope the ACLU steps in and files suit against the HOA! Maybe it's about time for me to renew my membership. I used to be a card-carrying member!

ACLU will also tell you NOT to talk to the police to protect your right to remain silent. The 5th amendment. ACLU will protect the right to free speech and to protest. The 1st ammendment. Which right trumps the other?

The protesters are mad because Casey won't talk to the police especially since the lawyer stepped in.

ACLU's on the 5th amendment
Please read..... scroll half-way down.

http://www.aclu.org/police/gen/14528res20040730.html

Also listen to this.....
A lawyer and cop tell you why you should not talk to the police.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865

Now this is the link to Free Speech at the ACLU website. http://www.aclu.org/freespeech/protest/index.html

At what point does "FREE SPEECH" becomes harrassment? Can I really go to my neighbor's house down the street and yell at her about her young 13 year old daughter and her behavior? Can I stand outside on the street and get all my neighbors to join in and tell her to do a better job as a parent? Cause if I can, and I am naive enough to think it might actually change her parenting style and child's behavior it sure would make my life and all my neighbor's lives better.

We as American's should do all we can to preserve both of these rights. We should not ever allow them to be misused.

I agree these parents are not well educated to bring their children into something like this...BUT...her child is still alive and home with her.

The emotions are so high that the woman didn't even notice her child got hurt !!! What do these confrontations accomplish? NOTHING ! :confused::furious:

This is getting crazy !! I hope she feels guilty when she sees the tape!

OMG! :eek: Just sick! I don't care how worked up you are about this case, that sort of behavior is completely inappropriate. Not to mention terrible parenting. That poor kid, she slammed that door hard, then to have the other woman yank him up by his other arm?! What is wrong with these people?

He is laying in the road and noone bothers to see to him? OMG! That is sick, and neglectful.

ORLANDO -- Cindy Anthony, the grandmother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, got into a shouting and swearing match Saturday night with protesters who called her daughter, Casey, a baby killer.

The child of one of the protesters appeared to be hurt when his arm got caught in a car door by his mother as they went to leave.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/14/cindy_anthony_clashes_with_protesters.html

Not a good place to bring the kiddies on a Saturday night, IMO.

In my opinion, this woman should be brought up on charges for putting her young son in danger and then ignoring him after she slammed his arm in the door. This woman is no better than Casey.

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...cat=Local&title=Cindy Clashes With Protesters

Once again..........this is no place for children. Something serious is going to happen. This is my third post about kids being there. Emotions are running way to high to involve innocent children. Proof once again.

I agree 100% what started as a protest about Casey killing her child, has now become a "let me stand out here with my children and provoke a fight with the Anthony's"
Its bullcrap..
I hope that woman is arrested and charged with child endangerment, and I hope she took that child to have his arm x-rayed and if she didn't, then she needs to be charged further..Doesn't her being there protesting almost defeat the purpose if she is doing nothing better than the culprit herself?
Good God people, leave your minor children home, or don't go to that house.!!!!!!

The video won't load for me - would some kind soul mind giving a breif description of what went on? Was this the rumored trouble with protestors late last night?

Oh, my stars! I am glad this was caught on camera and the George Anthony called the OCSO! Surely something will be done about this incident to protect that child!

Interesting to hear from Cindy that she has 3 people looking for Caylee. Hopefully these are private detectives.

I was in the cam thread last night and it was ridiculous how people were taunting the A's..I just knew something was going to happen...protesters without signs just looking for a confrontation..local news said there were 40-50 people at 10pm last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle