NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I choose to believe that in these situations that GOD takes the child mentally before the suffering begins..HE knows what is going to happen. And about the Dad "putting her in that situation"..I know myself that I have let my kids go spend time at friends houses that probably didn't have the best environment, looking back I could really kick myself..anything could happen in the blink of an eye! Maybe Shaniya asked to spend time with her Mom, and Daddy felt like she may be old enough to make that request...and being a parent he wanted to make her happy. Evil cannot be controlled, God gave us all free will and expects us to make the right choice. AD made her choice..and now she will pay the price, be it on earth or for eternity either way.

This don't really relate to Shanyia, But when I was 12 I was staying at a cousins house. We went riding around with her brother's wife. He was incarcerated at the time. She wanted to get drunk but had no money. She stopped outside a house when the only mexicans in town lived. She asked offered herself and my cousin for beer money. They were all pointing at me asking for me too. My cousin was about 17 or 18. They wanted someone there to make sure everything went smooth. So they went and got my uncles son who was a big crackhead and in his 30's. He sat out in the car with me while they went in and did god only knows what. I was terrified and just wanted to go home. The next day I told my parents what happened. They were enraged with anger. When he confronted them, he was told nothing happened. We went to the police station and they did nothing of course.

2 years later I was at the same cousins house. The cousins wife was in jail at this time for letting her new boyfriend have sex with her kids. I felt like it was pretty safe to be at the aunts house she was there what could happen. We were all out on the porch and her other son in his 30's came out and told me to come in he had a question to ask me. I came in and he led me to the kitchen. In there was sitting the new mexican who lived in the same house. He instructed me that he needed $15 for weed. He told me that the guy had some questions to ask me and what ever he asked just say yes. He ask " I give you $15 you come home with me" I kept asking him to repeat the question because some of it was kinda hard to understand when I finally did understand I remember just shaking and screaming out no no and walking out. I remember walking all the way across town to get home that night terrified they were coming after me. And for $15. This man just had a baby and was trying to sell his 14 yr old cousin for $15. I was lucky unfortunately Shaniya wasn't. I think people do this everyday and I hope that this baby's story will be what helps to spread the word about it and make more people aware.

Dani, you can get married at 16 in MD, and you were just 1 year younger (possibly less depending on when turned 15). If those azzholes are still free, he!! even if they're incarcerated, you're an adult now and can legally do something about it. The is no statute of limitations when dealing with child sex crimes. I'm not quite sure of where it would fall in place with your situation, since you were 15 when this happened & legally a 16 y/o can get married in MD w/o parental consent...so not sure how close to "adult" status it would place the 15 y/o age. Either way, you should contact the authorities again, assuming you're an adult now, and take these scum off the streets. If the police say they can't help you, there's tons of pro bono lawyers in Baltimore that could ace a case such as yours. Do something about it...please...if anything, for your peace of mind!

:blowkiss:

Do you happen to have the link to the article with the school official? I took it to mean she was emotionally withdrawn, not withdrawn from school. I may have misunderstood. :waitasec:

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562

Shaniya was enrolled in kindergarten at Morganton Road Elementary School in September, said Charlotte McLaurin, the principal. She was withdrawn in October, but McLaurin did not know why. McLaurin has scheduled a meeting for Tuesday to talk to her staff about Shaniya's death. Grief counselors will be available to talk to students.

Since it's mentioned just after being "enrolled", I'm thinking the "withdrawn" has to do with her enrollment being withdrawn. I don't believe the principal would know whether or not a specific kindergartner was emotionally withdrawn or not - maybe the teacher - but not the principal. The principal's job has more to do with running the school and she would be made aware if a child had withdrawn from enrollment. MOO

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562

Since it's mentioned just after being "enrolled", I'm thinking the "withdrawn" has to do with her enrollment being withdrawn. I don't believe the principal would know whether or not a specific kindergartner was emotionally withdrawn or not - maybe the teacher - but not the principal. The principal's job has more to do with running the school and she would be made aware if a child had withdrawn from enrollment. MOO

I read it again, and you're right.

The girl's half sister, xxxxxxx Lockhart, told HLN's "Nancy Grace" that she found it difficult to believe Davis had treated her daughter so poorly.
"She seemed like the sweetest woman. She didn't come from much, but ... she had the sweetest voice, she had the sweetest personality, and especially toward me. I would never think that she would do anything like that," said Lockhart, who shared a father with Shaniya.
Lockhart had similar sentiments about the little girl.
"She's so loving and caring, she's always happy and giggling," she said. "Like you would never think anybody would do that to her. She's just the sweetest little girl."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html
I x'd out the first name of the half sister as I am not sure how old she is.

BBM

Although I know the link below is speaking of the trafficking in Cambodia, it does show this to be true.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4038249/

"Many sex tourists come to Cambodia for exactly that reason, and they're willing to pay a premium. Madam Lang tells us her virgins go for $600, and for that price she says we can take a girl back to the hotel and keep her there for up to three days. When she brings out the girl, the 15-year-old looks paralyzed with fear.

A child's tragic journey into the sex trade often begins in a family struggling for survival. This is a country where the average income is less than $300 a year. Some children are sold by their own parents. Others are lured by what they think are legitimate job offers like waitressing, but then are forced into prostitution."

BBM

My partner used to work with 2 sleazebags who visited Costa Rica-- they bragged about how they paid (something like $30) to have sex with 2 sisters, ages 12 and 14. They had even taken pictures of the girls during the acts, which they were flashing around to all the guys in the shop. :furious:

The imagery behind it is that a mother is filled with what she puts into the child she delivered - if she puts love and care in, she will be filled with love and goodness. If she puts evil, the part of her so connected to that child fills with evil and poisons her from the inside.

I'm not a superstitious person by nature, but I believe that image on some level.

Very well said and definitely worth repeating!

My partner used to work with 2 sleazebags who visited Costa Rica-- they bragged about how they paid (something like $30) to have sex with 2 sisters, ages 12 and 14. They had even taken pictures of the girls during the acts, which they were flashing around to all the guys in the shop. :furious:

Pretty sure I would have lost my mind right there on the spot, hearing something like that. :furious:

I'm just sick about this, I knew when I heard about her being carried in or out of the motel room. Is there a good article or synopsis of this? Who heard what when?? Kinda reminds me of poor Robert Manwill's case. Dad had to give him to the mom for visitation. Your hands are tied. If anyone else, let this be a motive or something for those who don't have custody legally to get out now and do so. Courts and lawyers can be so expensive though. Its a tough situation. I lived in the Raleigh area for a while. Breaks my heart. God bless those who loved her and knew her and cared about her. That poor little girl.

I choose to believe that in these situations that GOD takes the child mentally before the suffering begins..HE knows what is going to happen. And about the Dad "putting her in that situation"..I know myself that I have let my kids go spend time at friends houses that probably didn't have the best environment, looking back I could really kick myself..anything could happen in the blink of an eye! Maybe Shaniya asked to spend time with her Mom, and Daddy felt like she may be old enough to make that request...and being a parent he wanted to make her happy. Evil cannot be controlled, God gave us all free will and expects us to make the right choice. AD made her choice..and now she will pay the price, be it on earth or for eternity either way.

I would love to believe that, but having prayed so many times for exactly that, I don't think it happens.

I agree with you about her father, though. There just was no way of knowing.

I would turn them in. Laws have been enacted in the US recently that allows the prosecution of individuals who leave the country to engage in sex with minors. The penalties are the same as if they did it right here.

I wanted to bring over something I posted on the previous thread - I cannot stress how much I recommend that everyone who cares about protecting children (and yourselves) read this book (the video I mention is more appropriate for younger children):

Protecting the Gift (by Gavin De Becker)

Some highlights:
- most kids abducted/harmed by someone they know or the family knows
- do not say GO TO A POLICEMAN (the kid will become prey to someone in the time it will take a child to find a policeman; a security guard is a policeman to a child, and some of those folks are not who you want you child to go to)
- tell your child to FIND A WOMAN, preferably one with children with her, but ANY WOMAN (women are much less likely to be a perp and much more likely to follow through with making sure the child gets home)
- do not squelch your child's natural instinct to fight back/kick/scream when getting hurt (this includes with siblings/friends - that instinct could save their life one day)
- have a code word if you ever need someone to pick up your child somewhere (have the child ask the person for a code word if they say 'your mom sent me')
- RUN LIKE HELL if anyone stops on the streets, no matter how cute the picture of their lost little puppy is
- tell them to scream, cause a ruckus, catch attention (a perp does not want attention drawn to themselves; they want a quiet compliant victim who will easily walk away with them)
- do NOT tell them "don't talk to strangers" b/c if they are in a bad situation it will probably a stranger who will have to save them (their ability to talk to a stranger may save their life)
- bottom line? follow your gut instinct. Always - parents and childrens alike. If that friend's father gives you the heeby jeebies, don't let your kid spent the night. Period. It's okay to sound crazy, but not okay if your kid is harmed b/c you were too embarassed. Protect your God-given, natural gift of FEAR.

For even younger children? The video Stranger Danger. I have it but have not shown it to my children yet. However, I hear it's better than most of the videos out there. And it's a least a good way to start without making a small child paranoid.

Sorry for the long post but hope this helps. I read the Gift Of Fear and it changed me profoundly. I've made alot of choices since then that I might otherwise have been afraid to make (i.e., not letting my 6-yr-old ride his bike out of my sight in our urban neighborhood just b/c his friend can, etc.).

I think the "withdrawn" means taken off the roster for classes

as far as the "no custody" ....couldn't they get the cops, social workers
out there.....one look in that trailer at these jerks high as a kite,
check on the well being of Shanyia?

the one news snippet I posted before said that the courts/social services were familiar with them, that Shanyia had been back and forth. That was in contrast to what the father had said

I also am starting to feel that this momster did this partly out of anger and jealousy....along with her addiction...just worse and worse

The girl's half sister, xxxxxxx Lockhart, told HLN's "Nancy Grace" that she found it difficult to believe Davis had treated her daughter so poorly.
"She seemed like the sweetest woman. She didn't come from much, but ... she had the sweetest voice, she had the sweetest personality, and especially toward me. I would never think that she would do anything like that," said Lockhart, who shared a father with Shaniya.
Lockhart had similar sentiments about the little girl.
"She's so loving and caring, she's always happy and giggling," she said. "Like you would never think anybody would do that to her. She's just the sweetest little girl."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html
I x'd out the first name of the half sister as I am not sure how old she is.

Once again, I am confused. Was this Sister on NG last night? (Anyone have a link to that show?). Some posters were talking about someone saying the mother was on drugs...I thought it was this same Sister they were referring to. Need more coffee so I can catch up.

Has anyone heard this before?. Around the 3:30 mark

One of the searchers who found Shaniya says "they got a tip from someone in the parking lot, said they heard on news or something that a guy admitted to killing the child and dumping her near deer carcasses and trash"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=7122110

3rd can of Red Bull and I still can't catch up. (Although I am about to run laps around the house, burn some of this off.)

I can definitely say this case is affecting my whole family. My fiance just came home from work with new car seats for the boys...if that isn't an unconscious urge to protect them, I don't know what is.

Are they looking for the 50- 60 year old I thought that was a false lead, I admit I did not read all the threads as I went to work today.
And while I was there A very werid guy from north carolina came in asking to use a phone said it was life or death I offered to let him use our phone but he had to make it collect he couldnt though he tried so my friend let him use his cell phone.
The guy was all stressed out Of course I eased dropped, to what he said which was weird too then of course I watched him walk to his car which was two parking lots away?? it made no sence as he said he was staying at a hotel where he really could of just charged the call to a credit card and he was looking for a payphone.
the conversation i heard was
"hey has anyone called''"im 50 minutes from dc ' no one's called though. good It is hard not being able to have a cell phone but I cant have one in the house right now. I am still 50 minutes from d.c I will be in alantic city tonight. I will call back at 9 to check. Payphones are hard to find but I will be there okay leaving now''
Granted that is a one sided conversation but it sounded way crazy and Nothing like life or death His hair was a mess ,I made my friend save the number he called in case the description of this man fit. Maybe I am crazy but he was odd and people who dont read this forum where kinda wondering what was up and my friend who phone he used actualy said " wonder what he did'' .
So Are they really looking for a guy and what is his description?
I am not sure that just saving a number is enough...I don't think LE knows to come asking for this number. but I do think you should call and offer it. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn