The Theater and the Shooting

Things that make you go hmmmm:

On Friday, August 24 there was a shooting near the Empire State Building which was covered live by all broadcast and cable tv stations.

Less than 12 hours after the incident Commissioner Ray Kelly released video of the shooting to the public.

Chief Oates' mentor is Ray Kelly. Chief Oates refuses to release any video that may exist of Holmes' apprehension by police and has given no less than four different explanations of how Holmes was apprehended.

It just strikes me as troubling and odd; more so when comparing two very visible incidents and noting that Kelly has been Oates mentor for decades...

Things that make you go hmmmm:

On Friday, August 24 there was a shooting near the Empire State Building which was covered live by all broadcast and cable tv stations.

Less than 12 hours after the incident Commissioner Ray Kelly released video of the shooting to the public.

Chief Oates' mentor is Ray Kelly. Chief Oates refuses to release any video that may exist of Holmes' apprehension by police and has given no less than four different explanations of how Holmes was apprehended.

It just strikes me as troubling and odd; more so when comparing two very visible incidents and noting that Kelly has been Oates mentor for decades...

IMO Univ of Colorado is one of the biggest public employer in AURORA
They will protect them.

Largest Public Employers
Rank # of Employees Company Name Web Site Address Description
1 12,100 Buckley Air Force Base* www.buckley.af.mil Air Force base
2 7,180 University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus** www.ucdenver.edu Medical school and research complex at Fitzsimons
3 5,000 Aurora Public Schools www.aurorak12.org Public school system
4 4,400 University of Colorado Hospital www.uch.edu Hospital and medical center
5 3,840 Cherry Creek Schools*** www.cherrycreekschools.org Public school system
6 3,770 City of Aurora www.auroragov.org City government and services
7 600 Community College of Aurora www.ccaurora.edu Community college

http://www.auroraedc.com/Data---Demographics-Largest-Employers.aspx

So, if he was the cel phone caller in the theater, was it the Psychiatrist whom he was calling???? (See news report--called psychiatrist 9 min. before shooting)

So, if he was the cel phone caller in the theater, was it the Psychiatrist whom he was calling???? (See news report--called psychiatrist 9 min. before shooting)

Looks like defense have phone records now :)

Hard to talk on cell phone while wearing a gas mask, no? So, I assume he put this on after making cel phone call. Wonder if defense proved he made the call from records or if he just said so.

Hard to talk on cell phone while wearing a gas mask, no? So, I assume he put this on after making cel phone call. Wonder if defense proved he made the call from records or if he just said so.

He may have call her when he exited the theater like how corbin (witness) described.

Yes, the call could have been made prior to exiting the theater - as some people said, they saw someone on a cell phone leaving via the exit.

It must be from phone records for them to specifically state 9 minutes

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...549b30-f303-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_story.html

Sounds like they have phone records from the Hospital and defense claims...
Attorney Tamara Brady said Holmes made the call nine minutes before he is accused of opening fire at a Batman movie premiere, killing 12 people and injuring 58. Brady provided no evidence at the hearing to support that claim, and she did not immediately return a message Friday.

Hospital marketing director Brad Fixler said the switchboard did receive a seven-second call at 12:31 a.m. on July 20, about eight minutes before 911 dispatchers began receiving calls about the shooting. But he said the caller hung up without saying anything.

“We did not receive any calls asking specifically for Dr. Fenton nor any other psychiatrist at our hospital,” Fixler said.

He may have call her when he exited the theater like how corbin (witness) described.

Well Corbin didn't describe Holmes leaving the theatre and based on Corbin's statements he sure noticed that person a couple times... but I know what you're saying Feb.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Well Corbin didn't describe Holmes leaving the theatre and based on Corbin's statements he sure noticed that person a couple times... but I know what you're saying Feb.

Corbin also left for a bit to get his gf in the lobby. So, he might have missed something.

Corbin also left for a bit to get his gf in the lobby. So, he might have missed something.

True. To be honest I was just being snarky...

Btw has anyone checked the phone records against the timeline?

True. To be honest I was just being snarky...

Btw has anyone checked the phone records against the timeline?

HastingsChi, are you talking about the CNN timeline? The UC hospital said the call was made at 12:31 (really sounds planned, no? "set plan in motion at 12:30. Make phone call. Get dressed. Enter")

Seems to mesh up, no? But not sure it meshes with the "cell phone guy's" phone call--that all happened before the movie began, didn't it? I need to review Date's account. Or course who knows what they mean by "the movie had been underway?" Previews can take 20 minutes!

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/07/us/aurora.shooting/index.html
Approximately 12:37 a.m. -- Witnesses say the movie has been under way about 20 minutes in Theater 9 when an exit door to the right of the screen opens and a man walks in. They say he is dressed all in black and wearing what appears to be a bullet-proof vest and a gas mask. He throws something, which begins hissing and emitting smoke. Witnesses say the suspect shoots into the ceiling and then starts firing into the crowd. Pandemonium follows as people start scrambling to get out, hide under the seats and escape any way they can.

12:39 a.m. -- Aurora police say dozens, perhaps hundreds, of calls start flooding 911. The dispatcher calls to units: "They're saying someone is shooting in the auditorium."

Do I have this right? A lot happened in few minutes. The chaos must have been unbelieveable.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...tic-first-minutes-of-aurora-colorado-shooting

At 12:05 the movie starts in Theater 9
At 12:31, the phone call is made
At 12:39, gas is released in the theater, shooting happens in Theater 9, bullets also fly into Theater 8, some people run out Exit door to 8, 12 killed/58 wounded, gun jams, JH goes outside, sees people out there, chases them back inside (via theater 8 exit door), gets himself locked out and then heads to his car to wait.
At 12:45 Police dispatch notes suspect in car.

This sounds like some of the links someone posted about dyphoric mania where people described just wanting to kill a bunch of people. No sense in any of it. No need to kill everyone--just wanted to shoot off a few rounds to feel better or something. (I don't really know anything about dyphoric mania or hearing voices--do people report that after they do the terrible things the voices say, do they somehow feel "better"?) Ugh. Sad for victims (all of them).

HastingsChi, are you talking about the CNN timeline? The UC hospital said the call was made at 12:31 (really sounds planned, no? "set plan in motion at 12:30. Make phone call. Get dressed. Enter")

Seems to mesh up, no? But not sure it meshes with the "cell phone guy's" phone call--that all happened before the movie began, didn't it? I need to review Date's account. Or course who knows what they mean by "the movie had been underway?" Previews can take 20 minutes!

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/07/us/aurora.shooting/index.html

I was referring to the well fact checked, to the second timeline that I assumed someone here may have developed and is very familiar with; I don't know if such a timeline exists but trust my fellow WSers more than other sources...

I guess I asked that with the question of "Did he have time to change clothing and put on tactical gear between the call and the first shot?" noting that tactical gear doesn't go on as quick as sweatpants and a t shirt...

At 12:05 the movie starts in Theater 9
At 12:31, the phone call is made
At 12:39, gas is released in the theater, shooting happens in Theater 9, bullets also fly into Theater 8,

IMO this timeline doesn't allow the time to put on tactical gear, get weapons, do whatever one has to do to the gas things to get them in a "live"/"armed" state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back