ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a criminal investigation major I agree you may have a legitimate reason for viewing the tape. I'm a Nurse and contributing to the degradation of a victim isn't in my job description. I've had the written report and know enough about physiology and anatomy to not need a slideshow or video on what damage an icepick can do or what masturbation with a severed limb might look like. Being creative, I can use my imagination.
In a market economy, if there was no market there would be no need for the product. Obviously there's a huge market of criminal investigators satisfying a demand for educational material depicting snuff. As long as there's a market I guess we can expect a constant need for new even more creative gorier gore.

Regarding the Best Gore site. I've heard and read his justifications and I'm calling BS on him. If he's providing an educational service then people should be required to register and verify their age before accessing his educational material. But no, that would cut down on the number of hits he gets and the revenue his 'public service' provides.

MO

I would be in favor of the videos only to be available to those studying law, investigation, etc...however, I know that will not happen.
There's no need for teenagers or weirdos to be viewing it.

i dont think the meaning was "those who dont want to watch it" nor was it meant to offend anyone here...

i read numerous comments here and other places where people admitted they were naive to the evils that happen in this world....

i have a friend whom i was sort of discussing this case with and she was SHOCKED that things like this happened in the world.

so in reality, there are a load of people who truly do not realize what evil lurks out there.....

To be fair though, you just have to read or watch the news to realise that these things happen in the world. Viewing the video isn't imperative to understanding that there are some truly twisted individuals out there.

the problem is...the deep web and torrents. that video can never be removed....the deep web is alive and active and this video and similar will be sent all around the world. then there are the people who have downloaded..

once something has been posted online, the chance of it ever going away is nearly impossible w/out 100% censorship and an army of people working to remove what they want removed....it would be never ending....

that is why its always a good rule of thumb that if you dont want what you post ever coming back to haunt you, keep your thoughts to yourself....

That was the "Porsche Girl"..but it wasn't a video from what I understand it was pictures. The young girl got into an argument with her parents and grabbed her dads keys and took the 150k porsche up to 150 mph and crashed it into a concrete toll both. The pictures were leaked and all over the internet. The worst part was some *advertiser censored**hats sent them to her father with the title "Hi Daddy..I miss you" or something of the like..horrible..and heartbreaking.. I don't have a specific link..but google porsche girl and you will find the stories and reports.

I understand that but who are the people who get to make these decisions about what is morally right for the rest of us. Is there some group of people we can trust to make these decisions and know they will make the right ones each time. I think we right now we call them "congress" and by my math they get it WRONG 9 times out of 10.

The point is what is moral for you may not be moral for someone else and nobody has a right to tell others what is good or bad for them, people can make those decisions themselves. Read the book 1984 and see how you feel about having a Ministry of Morality making decisions for everyone about what they can watch, read, SEE, HEAR, taste, all of it decided by some group of people who we are just supposed to trust, why? JUST BECAUSE.

You also seem to assume the only reason to watch the video is PLEASURE OR AMUSEMENT but there are many, many other reasons for watching that video, be creative and you will realize that.

BBM

I don't think anyone here is presuming that people here are watching the Jun Lin murder video with 'pleasure or amusement', although I still can't comprehend why any rational person would choose to view a snuff film and then openly discuss it frame by frame.

You've suggested being 'creative' in order to find the reason that people are choosing to watch the video. Part of my living is made by my creative thinking and I'm still failing to see how viewing the video, knowing full well what it depicts, can be excused by anyone other than LE and the Crown.

I hope I didn't step on your toes, but it bothers me deeply when someone says, "there is no use in this for me, so there should be no use in it for anyone else."

The world is scary. The things that happen in it are scary. The people that allow themselves to see that and learn to function with that knowledge are the ones that are better prepared for evil when they do come face to face with it. It is my personal belief, nothing more, and no more valid than anyone else's beliefs to the contrary, but I'm still going to defend it.

I hope I didn't seem to be trying to fight your battles or speak for you, you are perfectly capable of doing all that on your own.

You didnt step on any toes, your voice is as important as anyone else and I am glad you took the time to share your thoughts on the very important matter of internet censorship, a matter of which I am personally fighting with every resource possible.

BBM

I don't think anyone here is presuming that people here are watching the Jun Lin murder video with 'pleasure or amusement', although I still can't comprehend why any rational person would choose to view a snuff film and then openly discuss it frame by frame.

You've suggested being 'creative' in order to find the reason that people are choosing to watch the video. Part of my living is made by my creative thinking and I'm still failing to see how viewing the video, knowing full well what it depicts, can be excused by anyone other than LE and the Crown.

Several fine members have already listed many of the countless reasons and I do not wish to continue to beat a dead horse, my intent is NOT to try and argue this point to get everyone to agree with me, I do not care who agrees with me, my only purpose is to suggest there are other ways of looking at this issue beyond those which I feel are reactionary and emotional.

RSBM:

No offense intended but your last paragraph went a bit too far off the deep end. They never said it was educational, the website owner did and that website is intended for adults not elementary school children.

Adults have the right to watch/read/listen to what they want a child should never be subjected to anything like this.
JMO

BBM

That is the problem with allowing it to be a on a website that is freely accessed - children certainly may be subjected to it. Not every child's internet use is monitored. Many folks here found it easily, so I have to believe that a child could, too. And IMO, that is wrong. All just MOO

Was just going to post that! lol...maybe something bad happened to him that year...he would have been 5...or maybe no meaning other than the songs themselves..

Just to clarify--my previous post was wrong. I had thought he went to live with his grandmother at age 5.

I found the original posting on a psychforum, the last one on the page, under "cutelittlenemo" (which I believe has already been stated that it was one of LM's aliases online).
He states that "My mother had me when she was 16, I am a male. I lived the majority of my childhood with my grandmother. My mother was always stubborn and she married my father and had me without telling her family. When I was 5 she unexpectedly came and took me away from my home with my grandmother. From that moment on my life was hell."

http://answers.psychcentral.com/Depression/i-hate-my-mother-and-i-dont-care-enough-to-change-it-/

I personally do not like the fact that history books show jewish people piled up atfter being killed in death camps but those pictures are an important part of our history and if there is one thing I am FOR it is the documentation of our lives and the things we do BOTH GOOD AND BAD for future generations to study and learn from. While this video is indeed disgusting and it challenges us in ways few things ever have it is important, for the sake of POSTERITY ALONE that we document it and make it available for future generations to study so as to prevent it from continuing to happen again

Respectfully snipped by me ...

I absolutely disagree. Teens and youth today are all about outdoing each other - coming up with the next extreme that outdoes the last one (just like reality TV). I see no historical value in memorializing a murderer like Eric Newman by ensuring that video of his murderous acts are preserved. I think everything he is, stands for and produces should be wiped from history in the same way that Russell William's history was wiped out. All that remains of Russell William's history is documentary regarding his murders ... none of his video is necessary. There is absolutely nothing similar between Eric Newman and the murder of 6 million Jewish people during WW2.

Case in point ... have you ever heard of Marcel Petiot? His actions were horrific ... but video of his actions are not needed to ensure that people never forget who he was.

It's D-Day today ...

he should be....he is a walking target in just about any prison....for so many reasons...

Given his known support of white supremacist propaganda, if he spoke German I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem connecting with like-minded individuals in the Berlin jail... Oh yeah, that's right, he doesn't speak German and he probably can't pull off his malarkey when he isn't hiding behind a keyboard... Poor thing, if he never hired that "crazy manager" in the first place, none of this would be happening to him...

BBM

That is the problem with allowing it to be a on a website that is freely accessed - children certainly may be subjected to it. Not every child's internet use is monitored. Many folks here found it easily, so I have to believe that a child could, too. And IMO, that is wrong. All just MOO

again, we are talking about responsibility. if a child's internet is not monitored, that is on the parents. there is PLENTY of stuff out there that is not appropriate for children. just going to google images and you can find a crapload of it...is it appropriate for a child to stumble upon penthouse or any beastiality website or any other *advertiser censored* site? no. but they can easily do it. a kid types in *advertiser censored* by pounding on a keyboard, nothing but *advertiser censored* will pop up.

have a teen and they come across a site that says..............ENTER YOUR YEAR OF BIRTH.....all a teen has to do is make up a year and wala they are in.

so what is the solution? ban everything that one does not agree with? ban children from the internet? ban irresponsible people from having children?

when im around my friends with kids i NEVER discipline their kids or tell her that i think giving her fat kid a can of soda and full bag of chips is BAD....that is on them...my moral belief that fat kids are a result of lazy abusive parents because they let their kids eat crap all day and sit in front of a TV is MY moral opinion and i have no say in how they raise their kids. eh...beating a dead horse......

again, i respect everyone's opinions and everyone is entitled to their beliefs. i just dont want anyone telling me what i can and cannot view, read, listen to, etc....

Controversial opinion here.

Do I feel sorry for Magnotta? Yes.

Do I think he came across as friendly to his lawyer? Yes

Do I think he should be locked up forever?: Absolutely.

Here are the reasons why I do and do not feel sorry for him:

- He is now cut off from his internet world which was the only world he could really exist in, and is scared. The fact that he seemed scared during the flight as well as in Paris and Berlin would witness that. As would the fact that prison guards in Berlin have described him as 'meek'.

-He needs to be locked up forever. As much as I feel sorry for him (and I do) I feel so much more empathy for his victim, poor Justin. Justin by all accounts was looking for companionship and love, and this is what he stumbled across. Words fail me.

I hope people don't take this post the wrong way. Magnotta has to, and will be locked up for life. But this is such a complex case, the likes of wich we haven't seen for a very long time.

RSBM:

No offense intended but your last paragraph went a bit too far off the deep end. They never said it was educational, the website owner did and that website is intended for adults not elementary school children.

Adults have the right to watch/read/listen to what they want a child should never be subjected to anything like this.

JMO

The entire argument is off the deep end IMO.
I don't believe every adult does have the right to watch/ read or listen to whatever they want.
I'm sure half the medical students in Canada would love to watch Mrs. Jones have her double lung transplant but unless Mrs. Jones agrees to allow them to have that learning opportunity at her expense, they're ***** out of luck. Students who have a legitimate reason for watching and participating in her care, who have been vetted by the professionals assigned to her care, do get to participate and observe and patients are advised of this.

Wanting access to something and having a right to it are two very different things. I personally believe the victims rights outweigh ours.

Given his known support of white supremacist propaganda, if he spoke German I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem connecting with like-minded individuals in the Berlin jail... Oh yeah, that's right, he doesn't speak German and he probably can't pull off his malarkey when he isn't hiding behind a keyboard... Poor thing, if he never hired that "crazy manager" in the first place, none of this would be happening to him...

I imagine some of this is 'lawyer speak' for get him out of Germany QUICK so I don't have to respresent him!!!

BBM

I get what your saying GT and agree that children's internet use, but my comment was more in response as to how it would be remiss for the principle of the schools not to show the video to the children as people are stating it's educational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong