Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account *REVISITED*

I agree the timing of this "hacking" is odd..Murt's site was "hacked" when Padilla was searching the river at blanchard park and he said he was going to press charges on the person who did it, never said who though.. Another thing. The FBI asked Eyewitness News not to reveal the details of emails because of their investigation. They include exchanges between Cindy Anthony and her spokesman, her private investigator, and even the PR person for Kid Finders, angry with Eyewitness News after exposing their founder has a criminal.

CA: Over the Thanksgiving weekend , she says someone broke through the boundaries in a more underhanded way, by somehow getting into her Yahoo email account, gaining access to her messages and even confidential documents pertaining to her daughter Casey's defense. So, did she have something on there that would shed light to what really happen to Caylee and what she has tampered with and her next move? That would be great...she just admitted that the information was true information.....

What difference does it make if they are out of town or home sleeping? the "hacker" didnt have to be in the anthony home sitting at their computer. The "hacker" would be in his own home in his jammies.

So why make a point of saying they were out of town when this happened?

it is very easy to hack into a hotmail or yahoo account all you need is the persons email address date of birth zip code and answer one question about them
with my hotmail and yahoo account I out false info for my account settings for this exact reason

Any chance that Cindy did this dirty deed by herself? just curious.

I've thought from the beginning that this hairbrush story was a leak on the defense side to cast doubt on the prosecution's best evidence--the postmortem hair. I just didn't expect it to be coming straight from CA's computer.

I'm so hoping Kathy B. is on Nancy tonight.

According to the site we don't mention here, it could be Cindy trusted someone and it's the emails between the two of them where she makes certain admissions. I don't think she was hacked. It's the only way she can cover herself that she didn't write the emails, or the hacker altered them.

THis occurred to me as well.

All Cindy has to do is turn her computer over to LE for them to check and see if Cindy received an acknowledgment email from Yahoo telling her the "Yahoo email password was changed." Yup, I tested it out on my own email account and you get an email from Yahoo.

Even if the "hacker" :rolleyes: deleted the acknowledgment email from Yahoo, it would still be there for LE to view! :crazy:

Originally Posted by ElizaAvalon
I think Dominic Casey is bluffing.

Yahoo mail IPs only trace to the ISP, not to the user's actual IP. When I send mail from my Yahoo account, the IP that shows up as the sender IP is that of my Internet Service Provider. It is not my IP. It's not even in the same town that I live in.

He thinks he hit a person in Ocala, but that's probably just where the ISP is located

I've read what he said about 3 times and still can't understand the english. Hope it's not me!

What this means is that most people use an ISP (Internet Service Provider like Cox, Yahoo, AOL, etc) that gives each computer (or each home network if a few computers are running on a home network) an IP number. IP means Internet Protocol. That IP can be traced back to the place (home) where that computer is.

Yahoo uses one IP for almost everyone. Usually in New York. If you use Yahoo mail, it can not be traced back to the computer of where the email came from. It will be traced back to Yahoo. (Email bounces from your computer to Yahoo then to who you're sending it to) I think law enforcement might be able to trace it to the originating computer but lots of people use Yahoo and Yahoo mail because it's pretty untraceable.

The admins of this site get a IP from everyone who posts. Usually that IP (when looked up) will give the general location of where the poster is posting from. LE would be able to get the exact address.

A few weeks ago a young man killed himself while on a forum. The Moderator there gave LE his IP address and they were able to go to his house and find his body. If he'd been using Yahoo I don't think they'd have been able to find him.

Hope that made sense!

In view of the Anthonys' and JB's bitter animosity toward Kathi and/or Channel 9, it was really decent of Kathi to notify Cindy right away and also to pass up a Huge Scoop by refusing to reveal the e-mails contents.

It's called principles. Knowing right from wrong & acting accordingly, even if it is not to one's advantage.

There are two possibilities here. Cindy is claiming she was hacked so she can distance herself incriminating emails she sent to a blogger and people like LG. Cindy supposedly has also implicated LE using her email addy because they have her laptop. Or she really did get hacked and the hacker found incriminating evidence and forwarded them to Kathi B.

My understanding is that emails from Cindy's inbox/files were fwded to media. I don't think Cindy would do that herself, so I believe a hack.

Ummmm........ why?

Salem

ummmm.....i meant that once this case does go to trial and all this stuff like the alleged hacking and obstruction, the cloud of doubt being raised over who did what to whom, the alleged sightings of caylee, the fact that there is no body, JB's inexperience..etc..it all adds up to a mistrial if you ask me.
i am no law expert though so what do i know? just stating my opinion like everyone else.

Do you think CA was that person that emailed Lois?

If it came from Cindy's account. I think Cindy sent the email. I think she is going to try to claim a hacker sent all the emails she doesn't want to admit to.

I just don't believe the computer was hacked at all.
Niether do I Patty, remember the nasty E-mail that Lee sent out that ripped on LP and TM? This was done by mistake even tho I believe that LA fancies himself a puter geek to some degree.
Nevertheless, after that big boo-boo you would think that the rest of them would be a bit more careful with thier email accounts, information they share, and being that thier addy's have been all over for the world to see, you would take care to practice more security!
So, no, I smell something fishy about this claim.

Sorry, I left the sentence hanging...what could the motive be for alledging you were hacked? What's to be gained?
~~ my bold The only thing I can come up with is to cover her own butt because she accidentally sent the email to everyone. Maybe for some reason she hit "reply all" instead of "reply", for example. IDK why she would have media on any group email though. I think she might have done it and is now trying to cover an accident.

My understanding is that emails from Cindy's inbox/files were fwded to media. I don't think Cindy would do that herself, so I believe a hack.

Which is a good argument for the hack having happened. I want to read the emails. To see if they are anything significant or not.

All Cindy has to do is turn her computer over to LE for them to check and see if Cindy received an acknowledgment email from Yahoo telling her the "Yahoo email password was changed." Yup, I tested it out on my own email account and you get an email from Yahoo.

Even if the "hacker" :rolleyes: deleted the acknowledgment email from Yahoo, it would still be there for LE to view! :crazy:

They said the FBI was investigating the claim. They would contact yahoo to get the real data of what happened, they don't need Cindy involved at all at this point. If she is lying she will be caught. I believe she was hacked, probably by someone following the case, who hates CA like most readers of, and clearly it is someone without much skill in the hacking area if they had to change the password to get access. The best way to hack an account doesn't let the account holder know you have been there. Very amateur and whomever did it will get caught, unless they give it a really low priority like they would if my yahoo account got hacked.

In view of the Anthonys' and JB's bitter animosity toward Kathi and/or Channel 9, it was really decent of Kathi to notify Cindy right away and also to pass up a Huge Scoop by refusing to reveal the e-mails contents.

It was more than Cindy deserved, BUT, you mark my words: Before this is over, one or more of these things will happen...:

1. Cindy will attack Kathi for forwarding Cindy's "private e-mails" to the FBI.

2. If the FBI finds anything in those e-mails that is damaging to the A's, Cindy will try to sue Channel 9 for giving her private property to the Feds.

3. If the FBI finds anything in those e-mails that is then used in Casey's trial to help convict her, Cindy will swear forever that the FBI framed her daughter and that Casey would have been acquitted on all charges if it werent for what the FBI (and Channel 9) did.

4. If the contents of those e-mails never leaks to the media, and is never used by the FBI, Cindy will never publicly thank Channel 9 or the FBI for their understanding and assistance.

Okay, anyone want to bet against my predictions? :blowkiss: LOL
Lets just say, there was damning information in the emails. Now Kathi has read them and is aware of the content. It will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the way kathi reports. Knowing what she knows, will it affect her speech pattern or tone of voice. Im not saying she will reveal the content but how can she report on the latest antics of the A's knowing what she is reporting will be a lie due to her "secret" knowledge. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

According to the site we don't mention here, it could be Cindy trusted someone and it's the emails between the two of them where she makes certain admissions. I don't think she was hacked. It's the only way she can cover herself that she didn't write the emails, or the hacker altered them.

This makes sense to me. Because Monday was supposed to bring "Shocking News & emails from CA". There is nothing new there. CA is backpeddling to cover herself.

~~ my bold The only thing I can come up with is to cover her own butt because she accidentally sent the email to everyone. Maybe for some reason she hit "reply all" instead of "reply", for example. IDK why she would have media on any group email though. I think she might have done it and is now trying to cover an accident.

Right...just like Lee must have when he sent out his spiffy little email a couple of weeks back! :rolleyes:

Remember, she also claimed her identity was stolen right after the first doc dump with all the sensitive info in it. Par for the course.... par for the course....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back