TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

The way I understand it by listening to the TBI investigator (and this is only my understanding) is that they never should have been said to be suspects, in any manner, the word eyewitness should have been used from the beginning. The same with the boyfriend, although I can't for the life of me figure out how he is a witness if he wan't there. I think it's sort of like saying that she was "dragged" into the woods. I don't beleive they were ever cleared as suspects, because this is one of those cases where no one is a suspect, yet everyone is a suspect, KWIM? The media is taking one statement at a time, from what I have seen, instead of taking all the statements as a sum total.

But if you look at other missing adult cases, how often are family poly'ed, even if they were the last ones to see the missing person? Not often. In this case, due to my own assumptions of the familys grief, I would see it being counterproductive. If the brother took and passed, more power to him, but if he did not, i don't see it meaning anything except that he likely does carry a great deal of guilt, not due to involvement, but due to being the person that saw her led away and thought everything was alright. He's her big brother, and I can only imagine how one of my brother's would feel if they saw me talking or walking with someone and discounted it as a normal occurrence...and then found blood in the driveway and realized what had just happened. I pity him and I hope that he can find peace with the whole situation.

Family members are given polygraphs all the time. It's a great tool used by LE all the time, in the beginnings of an investigation. We will agree to disagree on this. No problems, we just disagree.

That is a very good question.

I like these sequence of events questions lately. There were some other ones. One that I asked early on that has been repeated is:

What was the last place Holly was at before she went home?

I've been down for days sick, so I'm trying to catch up. We know that Holly's schedule the day she went missing was different than usual because of the test. Was the time leaving the house different as well? Who would know that changed?

Ok, nice chat...job 12 of my 'to do list' 'done'....:)

BBM. IMO, it absolutely did. But poly results are not anything LE can use in court. At best it's an investigative tool.

You are right! It kept LE on them, regardless of what they were eventually incarcerated for.

I've been down for days sick, so I'm trying to catch up. We know that Holly's schedule the day she went missing was different than usual because of the test. Was the time leaving the house different as well? Who would know that changed?

when i was in college tests were at the same time as normal classes. For example if you had a Monday/Weds class from 9 AM to noon your tests would be on those days.

I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

IF polygraphs were given, I would say yes, that's what changed the status. I think LE spoke way too soon when they said people were already ruled out, at the beginning. Big mistake IMO.

thats true. was just reading about a guy who passed a test totally but was still convicted of murder. So im not sure ruling people in or out is really possible even with a poly

that is terrible. hopefully it had a happy ending like maybe the innocence project people took up his case and he was exonerated.

(((((Q))))))) hope you feel better friend!:seeya:

I have seen reported that she was in clinicals... so yes... test taking day would be a different time leaving the house... clinicals normally start at the start of the normal hospital shift.. which means leaving the house much earlier.

leads me to believe someone was either: (moo)

1)watching her
2)knew her schedule
3)happened upon her

The search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo resumed today in Decatur and surrounding counties with about 200 volunteers reporting to the Decatur County Fairgrounds, where volunteer search teams are being organized.

Investigators have not reported any new leads today. They said a news conference will only be held if there are developments to report.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...velopments?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

that is terrible. hopefully it had a happy ending like maybe the innocence project people took up his case and he was exonerated.

I don't know... witnesses put him at the scene, including an FBI agent working another case, and there was forensic evidence etc. Since polygraph tests are not admissible in court anyway I dont think it matters whether you pass or fail one. He passed but was found guilty by a jury in 5 hours of deliberation.

my point in mentioning this is that yeah he was given a test and passed but he was still guilty!

I don't know... witnesses put him at the scene, including an FBI agent working another case, and there was forensic evidence etc. Since polygraph tests are not admissible in court anyway I dont think it matters whether you pass or fail one. He passed but was found guilty by a jury in 5 hours of deliberation.

my point in mentioning this is that yeah he was given a test and passed but he was still guilty!

I agree with you, Carla. Ted Bundy reportedly passed more than one polygraph and we all know he wasn't innocent.

(((((Q))))))) hope you feel better friend!:seeya:

I have seen reported that she was in clinicals... so yes... test taking day would be a different time leaving the house... clinicals normally start at the start of the normal hospital shift.. which means leaving the house much earlier.

leads me to believe someone was either: (moo)

1)watching her
2)knew her schedule
3)happened upon her

I don't for a second believe someone happened upon her.

How do we know that she had clinicals that day? Did LE release this in a presser?

Who could have known before that day? Could she have posted it in a FB status update?

The way I understand it by listening to the TBI investigator (and this is only my understanding) is that they never should have been said to be suspects, in any manner, the word eyewitness should have been used from the beginning. The same with the boyfriend, although I can't for the life of me figure out how he is a witness if he wan't there. I think it's sort of like saying that she was "dragged" into the woods. I don't beleive they were ever cleared as suspects, because this is one of those cases where no one is a suspect, yet everyone is a suspect, KWIM? The media is taking one statement at a time, from what I have seen, instead of taking all the statements as a sum total.

I can only go by what LE has said. That's the closest to facts we have so far. Let me add this though. LE was probably only asked the first time around specifically about the BF and brother's status. What I'm trying to say is that LE may have made that cleared statement about numerous people had they been asked. Numerous people could have been given polys and now no one is ruled out. I don't want anyone to think I'm pointing the finger specifically at anyone. But I would give my right arm to know who all was poly'd and what the results were.

I agree with you, Carla. Ted Bundy reportedly passed more than one polygraph and we all know he wasn't innocent.

LE is well aware that polygraphs arent the gospel, as far as getting the truth out of people. It's only an investigative tool, & they can't be used at trial, thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks