trial thread: 3/23/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: McClintic says she was struggling with emotional issues at time. [via Twitter]

Derstine asks if her earlier thought were present when McClintic murdered Tori Stafford. McClintic "still dealt with anger issues" she says.

Derstine says on Jan 31st of this year (2012) McClintic was involved in an altercation with another inmate

I speculated he'd go with this scenario, but it never occurred to me that he'd suggest MTR left the scene.

In January of this year, McClintic got into a fight with another inmate. There's a peer support program. Older inmates help younger inmates.

McClintic asked for an inmate, then started beating on her. McClintic was "confronting her" about things she had said.

RaffertyLFP: Agreed she kicked and stomped other inmate who was on the ground in a fetal position

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine asks McClintic about altercation she had with another inmate on Jan. 31 of this year. [via Twitter]
11:21

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic says she was struggling with emotional issues at time. [via Twitter]
11:19

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
In journal she writes she is ready to snap. Lots of profanity. "I am getting f----- bloodthirsty again." [via Twitter]
11:15

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic being questioned about entries in her journal in April 2009. [via Twitter]
11:06

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Explaining conflicting versions, a number of times McClintic has said she can't explain how her mind works. [via Twitter]
11:04

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic referred to police interview where she said the script was her ideas. Said that was wrong. [via Twitter]
11:02

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
She maintains the script was from Rafferty, not her ideas. [via Twitter]
11:01

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic questioned about script written by her on what she would say if questioned by police. [via Twitter]
10:56

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine suggests Rafferty wasn't present for the killing and was horrified when he saw what happened. McClintic says that is wrong. [via Twitter]
10:54

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine suggests that McClintic offered Tori to Rafferty and he rejected the offer. McClintic says she strongly disagrees. [via Twitter]
10:52

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine tells McClintic it was her idea alone to buy hammer and garbage bags. "You are mistaken," she replied. [via Twitter]
10:45

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic continues to maintain she did not know Tori before her abduction. [via Twitter]

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic questioned about buying hammer and garbage bags at Home Depot. [via Twitter]

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic: "In my mind I was not going to let anything bad happen. I thought I would protect her." [via Twitter]
10:37

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine suggests McClintic had ample opportunity to walk away with Tori after the abduction. [via Twitter]
10:30

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Lawyer Dirk Derstine questioning McClintic on instructions she was given by Rafferty on what to say after Tori's death. [via Twitter]
10:22

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Necro song McClintic posted on Facebook - the dispensation of Life and Death. [via Twitter]
10:20

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic answering questions in a monotone. [via Twitter]
10:17

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic said she listened to Necro when she was angry. Next song to be played "No remorse." [via Twitter]
10:15

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
McClintic said she wasn't listening to song when she walked up to school day Tori Stafford abducted. [via Twitter]
10:13

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Another Necro song "Dead body disposal" played for jury. [via Twitter]
10:11

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
More Necro lyrics - " I got a garbage bag with your name written on it." [via Twitter]
10:09

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Defence lawyer playing Necro song. Lyrics- "when it comes to inflicting pain I am creative." [via Twitter]
10:08

Mike Knoll:
@Barb - sorry Barb - I won't speculate on future events. Only facts that appear before court.

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Jury has been brought in. McClintic is back on the stand. [via Twitter]

Comment From Barb
What determines which questions you answer as I have submitted twice in regards to whether or not Dangerous Offender will b sought, and yert no response
10:07

Mike Knoll:
@Guest - yes. But the jury is expected to be in court soon.
10:07

Comment From Guest
Does that mean you will not be able to report without the jury present?
10:06

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Court has resumed without the jury present. [via Twitter]
9:56

Mike Knoll:
@Felix - at the time of his arrest he was living with his mother in Woodstock.
Show Additional Entries [Additional Entries] 9:55 - 8:57

Things escalated," McClintic says. Agrees that she kicked and stomped the other inmate.

Defense suggests Jan '12 assault wasn't a "scrap" it was a "beating", saying McClintic kicked and stomped other inmate.

RaffertyLFP: Remembers telling Godmother that her only regret was the killing involved a young kid. Otherwise could do it again

Does anyone else find themselves wondering just whose side Derstine is on? So we're going with the innocent dupe defence, eh? Why didn't he go straight to police after, then? Anyone with half a brain would know that would be the smartest action to take. Why were Tori's pants off?

I'm beginning to think next really will be Rafferty coming to court with a colouring book and crayons, as someone so hilariously suggested the other day. :rolleyes:

:twocents:

Wow!!

1m london free press london free press ‏ @raffertylfp
agreed she kicked and stomped other inmate who was on the ground in a fetal position.

Mczclintic told a family member she was only sad about the murder because it was a child "otherwise she could do it again" which in jail.

McClintic says she remembers telling her godmother while in jail that she was only sad about the murder because it was a kid.

I seriously hope this ***** never sees the light of day again. EVIL TO THE BONE.

RaffertyLFP: Also told godmother during visit that she had microwaved one of her pet dogs as a kid. Concocted story at time to cover it.

McClintic also told a family member she put a small dog into a microwave until it screamed. "I was a child," she says.

McClintic told everyone the dog was in a fight and had to be put down. Derstine asks if everyone believed that.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Mczclintic told a family member she was only sad about the murder because it was a child "otherwise she could do it again" which in jail.

1m London Free Press London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
Remembers telling Godmother that her only regret was the killing involved a young kid. Otherwise could do it again.

Adrian Morrow ‏ @AdrianMorrow
"This wasn't a scrap, this was a beating," Derstine says. "She was on the ground in a fetal position, you were kicking and stomping her."

43s Melanie Nagy Melanie Nagy ‏ @NagyCBC
Defence adds "you also told her you could do it again."She responds that was true. #sl #rafferty

RaffertyLFP: "I was a child. I didn't know what I was doing," McClintic said.

"How could you be do cruel to such an innocent?" He asks. He is finished with his questions. Morning recess. 20 minutes.

RaffertyLFP: Court has recessed for 20 minutes. [via Twitter]

I can't wait for the forensics and for the discovery. Was she found without her pants on? Where is he going with this

1m Melanie Nagy Melanie Nagy ‏ @NagyCBC
Defence then asks McClintic if she recalls telling someone that when she was little she put a dog in a microwave. #sl #rafferty

1m London Free Press London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
"I was a child. I didn't know what I was doing," McClintic said

Derstine closes his cross with two statements McClintic made to her godmother while in prison:

The first was that she was only sad about Tori's killing because Tori was a child. if it was someone else, McClintic said she'd do it again

Question...how does it work when the Jury visits the sight? Is media likely to attend this or will this not be allowed? Does anyone know of any other cases where this is happened and how that was handled?

RaffertyLFP: "I was a child. I didn't know what I was doing," McClintic said.

"How could you be do cruel to such an innocent?" He asks. He is finished with his questions. Morning recess. 20 minutes.

RaffertyLFP: Court has recessed for 20 minutes. [via Twitter]

Even my 4 year old knows it is wrong to treat an animal that way!

Awww what a nice girl she was. :rolleyes:

The second was that, when she was a child, McClintic microwaved the family dog until it screamed, and it had to be put down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288