17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very obvious he had injuries to the back of his head, just as the initial police report showed.

Self defense IMO.

Did any of us ever doubt it? I sure didn't for a second believe the terrified wailing was coming from automatic-pistol-packing-George!

Heck he was having a ball living out his best wannabe-cop dreams. Didn't he look all upset, sad and grieving at the police station?

IMHO

Yes, actually quite a few here still doubt that it was Trayvon wailing for help. Read back to Saturday and yesterday's posts there a still quite a few still insisting that it is Zimmerman and the experts are mistaken, imo, jmo and all that jazz.

Again points to my suspicion that she heard the whole thing. However she didn't report it or tell the dad at the wake. (She went to the hospital after the wake IIRC.)

She never attended the wake but was hospitalized after finding out he was dead. She would have related her story to the doctor which is documented. The gf lives in Miami and would have no way of knowing about his death until someone told her. The parents only discovered her when they received the phone records, I believe. Treating her at the hospital for hysteria they would have a record of her story. jmo

It's very obvious he had injuries to the back of his head, just as the initial police report showed.

Self defense IMO.

Because I'm sure there's never been a case of an injured attacker...

IMO

Curious, out of all the statements pulled out of his fathers hiney what makes this one any more credible? I'm having trouble believing half of what I see and none of what I hear. There was some kind of confrontation at the back corner of that building which IMO is very near where GZ may have been when the police dispatch told him "We don't need you to do that" I only wish the phone call had lasted a little bit longer.

I don't know who to believe about what in GZ's camp to be honest. GZ's father was apparently present for the big "reenactment" so I must assume that the info he relays was received from GZ or gleaned from watching that reenactment. I am not saying it is truth. I am simply suggesting that all those (myself included) who were so hotly debating whether GZ continued to follow after being told "we don't need you to do that" by the dispatcher do so for no reason.

I was pointing out that GZ's family and supporters apparently aren't even debating this point, they seem to admit yes, he did continue to follow.

My hiney pulling comments referred specifically to his comments about Pres. Obama and hate speech. I found that a bit incredible based upon the statement I heard the President make.

GVInjury1-1.png

Wow....Kudos to the Paramedics that were able to:

-Get this bloody mess to stop bleeding with no stitches or bandages

-Clean every noticable drop of blood off the rest of his head and clothing

-AND get his shirt tail neatly tucked in

Yet still have him ready for transport to arrive at the jail 32 minutes after the shot that killed Trayvon was fired. PARTICULARLY considering, that according to MapQuest, it's a 15-16 minute ride from the crime scene to the jail.

Slowly the media's presentation of this story is crumblng. First we find out the picture of TM that we have been shown for weeks...is years old. There are more current pictures of TM, including the picture TM CHOSE FOR HIMSELF...the one he wanted his friends to think of as they Twittered... the media does not use that. Only weeks later, another picture appears. No explanation for the strange choice of a child's picture that is years old...is ever given. We are left to provide our own explanations.

Next, a major media outlet alters the 911 tape. With that alteration, the charge of racial profiling seems to be justified. Was this another slip-up? Again, it is up to Newsbusters blog to call NBC on this. Another convenient but strange slip up...that helps ONE side of the story.

Then ABC reports that GZ appears unharmed in the video. Now days later an enhancement shows injuries. Whatever you want to call what's on his head...these injuries didn't come from shooting TM from afar..executing him with no provocation.

The media sensationalized this story...emotionalized it. TM was described as almost perfect. His own words on Twitter certainly added balance.

The media should be about facts, not driving emotional stories, creating false scenarios, running old outdated photos, "perfecting" one side and demonizing the other. This story should NOT be about race. How ridiculous to see this new term "White Hispanic" as if that justifies Hate groups offering bounties DEAD OR ALIVE...with free pass by authorities to do so. When GZ's Black friends try to defend him...they know nothing. But those who just get their info about him from the media KNOW EVERYTHING about the man.

A young man is dead. That's a tragedy. But his own actions that night, under Fla law, may make it impossible to charge GZ. Anger should be directed toward changing that law. if you feel that way.

But IMO, much anger and disgust goes to the Media, who have been advancing one metanarrative...and now, daily, have to walk their own bad reporting back. But that does nothing to ameliorate the false impressions they created.

Maybe we should put NBC, ABC, CBS on trial for the death of a kid shot by GZ. God knows they were the ones pulling the trigger after following a kid.

(mods I put myself on time out.)

Please keep the sassy one-liners to a minimum, as they are not conducive to dispassionate discussion.

:poke: leads to :slapfight: leads to :abduction:

Where this post lands is random.

Does anyone find it kind of unusual strange that Daddy was allowed at the re enactment the next day? Keep in mind ,this was at a time when there was no publicity yet.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46922042/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/#.T3nNh_U9jcs

"The day after the shooting, George Zimmerman, according to his father, returned with at least three police officers to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, back to that grassy area where plaintive cries for help had gone unanswered. The investigators, accompanied by someone with a video camera, wanted him to re-enact the events of the night when the two strangers had stood their ground.

Mr. Zimmerman’s father watched from nearby. “They started where his vehicle was,” he recalled. “They walked him down the sidewalk and to the end of the sidewalk, to the street where he got an address and then walked him back towards his vehicle, near where the incident occurred.”

I surely would like to see that video.

I'd like to see that video too. It's really nice when fellow websleuthers include a link or add it to
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7748032#post7748032"]Trayvon Martin Shooting Media Thread. [/ame] :tyou: so much!

Don't you get billed for everything a emt uses to aid you when they are called? Don't they have to keep inventory of everything they use? I don't know. I do know a hospital bills you for things because I got a bill for 8.00 for a diaper once.

That supports Zimmerman's part of the story that he was the one on the bottom. Because how else is he going to get the gashes on the back of his head?

IMO, GZ's *story* has remained constant where as the information about TM has been continually changing, from the time he left the apartment, who was home at the time, his years old photos, his suspension/s from school, etc. Why is it we have to dig and dig to discover what are true facts??

I have my doubts those injuries were caused by Trayvon..I believe he might have done it to himself to give him the stance of fear?

The funeral director saw nothing on Trayvon to suggest he'd been in a fight..so, I do have my suspicious that those injuries might be self inflicted..He appears to be that kind a guy...:what:
why would he do that? and in what amount of time?

Slowly the media's presentation of this story is crumblng. First we find out the picture of TM that we have been shown for weeks...is years old. There are more current pictures of TM, including the picture TM CHOSE FOR HIMSELF...the one he wanted his friends to think of as they Twittered... the media does not use that. Only weeks later, another picture appears. No explanation for the strange choice of a child's picture that is years old...is ever given. We are left to provide our own explanations.

Next, a major media outlet alters the 911 tape. With that alteration, the charge of racial profiling seems to be justified. Was this another slip-up? Again, it is up to Newsbusters blog to call NBC on this. Another convenient but strange slip up...that helps ONE side of the story.

Then ABC reports that GZ appears unharmed in the video. Now days later an enhancement shows injuries. Whatever you want to call what's on his head...these injuries didn't come from shooting TM from afar..executing him with no provocation.

The media sensationalized this story...emotionalized it. TM was described as almost perfect. His own words on Twitter certainly added balance.

The media should be about facts, not driving emotional stories, creating false scenarios, running old outdated photos, "perfecting" one side and demonizing the other. This story should NOT be about race. How ridiculous to see this new term "White Hispanic" as if that justifies Hate groups offering bounties DEAD OR ALIVE...with free pass by authorities to do so. When GZ's Black friends try to defend him...they know nothing. But those who just get their info about him from the media KNOW EVERYTHING about the man.

A young man is dead. That's a tragedy. But his own actions that night, under Fla law, may make it impossible to charge GZ. Anger should be directed toward changing that law. if you feel that way.

But IMO, much anger and disgust goes to the Media, who have been advancing one metanarrative...and now, daily, have to walk their own bad reporting back. But that does nothing to ameliorate the false impressions they created.
this deserved more than a thanks...I think you are spot on. Also its wrong to bring up TM's past troubles and life but its ok to do that about GZ? I don't get the double standard.

<modsnip>

Why would police cover up a murder just because a guy's dad is a judge? It makes no sense at all imo.
exactly....

Because I'm sure there's never been a case of an injured attacker...

IMO

It shows he was on the bottom just as he claimed.

Like I said, IMO, this is a self defense case.

<modsnip>

A 17-year-old African-American, Teontae Amie, who lives at the Retreat, recalled that Mr. Zimmerman once wrongly accused his friend of stealing a bike. &#8220;When you see him, you think automatically that he might try something,&#8221; said Teontae, who added that he kept his distance from the neighborhood watch coordinator.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/u...pts-a-review-of-ideals.html?pagewanted=4&_r=1

I have my doubts those injuries were caused by Trayvon..I believe he might have done it to himself to give him the stance of fear?

The funeral director saw nothing on Trayvon to suggest he'd been in a fight..so, I do have my suspicious that those injuries might be self inflicted..He appears to be that kind a guy...:what:
That. Right there. We have heard from the funeral director that TM had no visible injuries to his hands. So, I'm thinking GZ told TM - you need to come with me and reached out and grabbed him by the arm. Instead of punching him in the nose - TM just pushed him back (backed up by gf saying there was a "push").

It was raining, wet - GZ slips from the push and goes down - cracks his head on the side of the sidewalk. And that's when he snapped. He's (GZ) has done it before. He don't like it when other people "get the better of him".

Then it was on - but I also think it was at the moment he went down that TM saw the gun - and starting screaming for his life.

JMHO

Wow! Good catch Rotterdam. See...this is what gets people steaming. Was TM's dad allowed to go to the re-enactment?

He probably did not even know yet that his son was dead. Note it says three cops and not even somebody from the S.A office. They already made up their mind the night before so why even bother with an re enactment.

I think you're right. Why allow his fun to be curtailed?

By the way, his 14 week training consisted of one class a week that met something like an hour or two. He had practically no training at all. But he sure could be a big bad CAPTAIN on the homeowner's association watch.

I bet the HOA are dreading the day they ever allowed him to watch their community.

If the HOA does not have insurance they could be liable out-of-their-own-pockets for paying ANY civil suit from the Martins, and possibly even for Zimmerman's legal defense. I saw that stated from 2 different attorneys yesterday. WOW!

IMO

IF GZ is not arrested then he is not liable so I do not think TM family would be able to sue him or them.JMO

Why would police cover up a murder just because a guy's dad is a judge? It makes no sense at all imo.

No. The DA was unwilling to challenge the SYG law that night because of evidence he had "at that time." GZ has been able to get out of being charged, or charges have been dropped for a number of offenses and it happens his father is a retired judge. Those who have been attached to the legal system know these types of "favors" go on all the time. I would think it would be strange for his father not to try and get his son out of a jam. Years ago you'd have an LE friend 'fix' a ticket. Then they found a way to stop it which took the pressure off LE to fix things for their friends. But it still happens today and we all know it does. It's pressure LE would rather do without. Most officers want to do their job and let the legal system figure it out. jmo

was it ever said exactly how long he had been gone from the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member