TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are here!!

Can you clarify for me please. Hailey went missing on Monday, Dec 27th. bloodhounds were brought out to search for her scent on the 31st, IIRC.

The bloodhounds went initially towards her dad's house, then turned around and went towards a hotel.

Earlier, I stated that I THOUGHT that (you had taught me) the bloodhounds could be picking up her scent from any time she had been there in the past. On NG last night, a dog handler claimed that SAR dogs can tell the difference between a new scent and an old scent.
What I want to know from you--specifically--is at 4-5 days out, what is a 'new' scent vs. and 'old' scent?? Could good SAR dogs really differentiate, ON the 31st, between a scent made on Dec 27th and a scent made on the 26th??

Just curious. Thanks so much!!

So... my first concern is that they are using the term "bloodhounds". That all too often means that they are police K9s and the training is generally much different than a SAR dog.
If someone walks the same route everyday even good dogs can have a hard time finding the freshest scent. Now, if you are talking several days, no problem. "new" scent vs. "old" scent is pretty general and sounds like they may have been trying to shine the "miracle dog" light, KWIM?

To meet up with older teens to hang out, hs boys that were cute, to drink, smoke pot or just flirt with cute older boys on the football team?
Could have been innocent teen behavior but met up with trouble.
Curious if her friends were older or into drinking, drugs.
(No matter what that's no reason for her to be harmed.)

I think if she was going to meet up with some cute boys she would have been wearing something other than sweats and flip flops.

Thanks. I have 3 sons-a shared cell phone would have been a disaster. I also am from a small town in Texas and remain still today. I think the b/f came home angry at the world because he got fired. HD was on the cell phone and it was bothering him. I think he took it from her during an argument and she ran to her dad's, then to her friend's, then in desperation to the Western Suites to try to use another phone to call her mom. I think he may have caught up with her somehow. I also think that if the b/f is missing, it's because he's more afraid of HD's dad than the Texas Rangers or the FBI. After seeing him on NG last night, I would be too. Just a theory.
BBM
Hmmmm....so can they use the dogs to track HIS movements? What would be the legal implications of doing so, I wonder? Search dog experts, can you help me out here?

Thank you so much as that really helps as I an not a follower of Twitter.

If you have their twitter page open - just refresh every few minutes. Time since tweet will change.

Well, I am turning in. I don't expect to hear from Billie tonight. And she may not be able to talk about what went on.

I hope to God LE hasn't discovered SA was involved in this.

I stand by my earlier statement that I do not believe LE does not know where SA is.

Please continue to pray for Hailey's safe return, and God's hand on both her and all those who love her.

To meet up with older teens to hang out, hs boys that were cute, to drink, smoke pot or just flirt with cute older boys on the football team?
Could have been innocent teen behavior but met up with trouble.
Curious if her friends were older or into drinking, drugs.
(No matter what that's no reason for her to be harmed.)

Nothing on HD's FB indicates any behavior of this kind. By all accounts she is a very respectable young girl who was well liked by students and teachers alike. She wrote very sweet and loving sentiments about the love she had for her family and her faith. JMO.

BBM
Hmmmm....so can they use the dogs to track HIS movements? What would be the legal implications of doing so, I wonder? Search dog experts, can you help me out here?

Sure, they'd need to get a scent article somehow, but they can trail anyone.

Thanks. I have 3 sons-a shared cell phone would have been a disaster. I also am from a small town in Texas and remain still today. I think the b/f came home angry at the world because he got fired. HD was on the cell phone and it was bothering him. I think he took it from her during an argument and she ran to her dad's, then to her friend's, then in desperation to the Western Suites to try to use another phone to call her mom. I think he may have caught up with her somehow. I also think that if the b/f is missing, it's because he's more afraid of HD's dad than the Texas Rangers or the FBI. After seeing him on NG last night, I would be too. Just a theory.

Your theory is exactly what I was thinking: if the dogs really did track her to the hotel, that he had followed her there and gotten her to get in the car with him. Kind of like, "you know this isn't a place to be - come on, let's go home" or "come on - go with me to get your mom"...

So... my first concern is that they are using the term "bloodhounds". That all too often means that they are police K9s and the training is generally much different than a SAR dog.
If someone walks the same route everyday even good dogs can have a hard time finding the freshest scent. Now, if you are talking several days, no problem. "new" scent vs. "old" scent is pretty general and sounds like they may have been trying to shine the "miracle dog" light, KWIM?

Nope, I don't know...LOL Please give us the Miracle Dog 101...thanks....

Would Hailey be allowed to talk on a prepaid cell phone for over 1/2 an hour everyday? Wouldn't that be too expensive?

I know that Net10 pre-paid cell phone service offers unlimited talk/text for $50.00 per month and a 750 minute plan for only $25.00 per month.And I think that AT&T still has a prepaid unlimited talk/text for $60.00 per month. I did that for my kids and got rid of our landlines. It was actually cheaper for me to pay the cell bills since they talked and texted so much! And no fighting over the landline! Plus I can keep track of where they are 24/7 because that is my job as an overprotective parent!
So, maybe they have a pre-paid unlimited service with someone since they are sharing the phone.

http://twitter.com/cbs7news

Hailey's brother David says that Adkins hasn't been seen since walking away from 3rd polygraph today. Claim is corroborated by 2 uncles.
8 minutes ago via Echofon

According to Hailey Dunn's uncle and brother David: mom's boyfriend Shawn Adkins refused to take three polygraphs today.
11 minutes ago via Echofon

The first tweet states "walking away from 3rd poly and the second states "refused to take three polys today".

IMO, SA was asked three (3) times to take a poly and walked away from all three (3) of them for whatever reason.

Lets see maybe it went like this...IDK Its JMO

SM was asked to take LDT

Local LE-SA refused
Texas Rangers- SA refused
FBI-SA refused

Sorry meant SA

BBM
Billie said he went to his Mom's house after he walked out of work that morning. I don't think it was ever said that he took her to work Monday morning. :waitasec:

Well if BF picked BO up from work Monday evening, how did she get there that morning?

Sarx, I can't recall where I heard/read this or if it's true, but somewhere I thought it had been said that the dogs they used were brought in from a nearby airport. Drug-sniffing dogs? What kind of dogs would they have at the airport that could help here? Does that make sense to you?

Anyone have a link for that...?

ETA: I found at least one source - don't know if there's more. Transcript from NG's show: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Would Hailey be allowed to talk on a prepaid cell phone for over 1/2 an hour everyday? Wouldn't that be too expensive?

Very good point. I am not that familiar with prepaid phones but everything I have heard is that the minutes are expensive, so I would think you are absolutely correct...the 30 minute phone call may not have been for 30 minutes at all.

Sure, they'd need to get a scent article somehow, but they can trail anyone.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I wonder if those bloodhounds were brought in from the Wallace & Ware state prison/jail units.

C-City police force seems pretty small to have their own trained dogs.

Do you know how the prison bloodhounds would be trained?

(just pondering here)

Just to be clear, Uncle Dale passed his poly.

after all the cases we follow...LE never said you passed or fail. We figure they fail when they go back and back and back for another one:waitasec:

Does anyone know if SA has lawyered up yet? Also is SA parents that live in Big Spring together or do they live in separate residences. I thought I read in post that SA parents were divorced but there has been so many I have lost track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member