WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Not exactly cross town. Her boyfriend was only a few minutes (walking distance) away.

Still, there were knives at the house where Meredith and Amanda lived - why form the intent at RS's? BTW is there something in the background suggesting three ways? AK may have been sexually active but women don't tend to suggest bringing another woman in, men do. And if they decided to try and bring Meredith in, why the knife? This concocted story has too many GINORMOUS gaps that can't be filled with the scant evidence.

As I said elsewhere:
Amanda had been having visions and nightmares - very typical after one's home is broken into, and a friend murdered - she wrote that the police had "convinced me that my dreams are real." I call this duress.

From Trial Transcripts:

Prosecutor: "I stand by my statements that I made last night about events that events that could have taken place in my home with Patrick." [In Italian: "I confirm..."] Do you know what the word "confirm" means in Italian? "In the flashbacks that I'm having, I see Patrick as the murderer." There wasn't any policeman with you when you wrote that. No one. You wrote that in complete liberty. Do you know how to explain to me why? And this is even more decisive than what you said some hours earlier. Can you explain this?

http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=8&t=165

Amanda admitted that she was drugged up on the night of the murder, and she describes her memories as "flashbacks". Drugged up "flashbacks" are usually considered to be incomplete memories of actual events; incomplete because the drugs interfered with laying down a solid memory.

Still ... what prevented Amanda from speaking the truth about Patrick after she told her mother about her horrendous lies? Nothing, as far as I can see. She had 14 days to come forward, to show compassion for a life she was destroying, but she chose to remain silent. That, in my opinion, is completely unforgiveable, and it speaks to very poor moral character.
Perhaps she was terrified that if she did so, they would go back to unfairly accusing her?

From Trial Transcripts:

Prosecutor: "I stand by my statements that I made last night about events that events that could have taken place in my home with Patrick." [In Italian: "I confirm..."] Do you know what the word "confirm" means in Italian? "In the flashbacks that I'm having, I see Patrick as the murderer." There wasn't any policeman with you when you wrote that. No one. You wrote that in complete liberty. Do you know how to explain to me why? And this is even more decisive than what you said some hours earlier. Can you explain this?

http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=8&t=165
Well, I cannot speak for Amanda, but if I were she, I would have said, "Since you lied to me, told me you knew I was there, told me I would be locked up for 30 years, told me the text from Patrick had great meaning, told me Raff was no longer standing up for me, when he really just admitted that while asleep he could not vouch for me also being asleep, I came to think your story about Patrick was reality."

What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

That is a particularly nasty thing to do.

Wasn't that statement given the night Amanda was grilled by LE without the interrogation being video/audio taped?
How many times has a person "confessed" or pointed to a person in these types of pressure cooker questionings because they believe they are led to believe it is the right thing to do.... You and I say would never do something like that, but then I've never been subjected to what Amanda went through that night.

What I need is some real evidence that AK was in the room when MK was murdered.

Well, I cannot speak for Amanda, but if I were she, I would have said, "Since you lied to me, told me you knew I was there, told me I would be locked up for 30 years, told me the text from Patrick had great meaning, told me Raff was no longer standing up for me, when he really just admitted that while asleep he could not vouch for me also being asleep, I came to think your story about Patrick was reality."

Why didn't she say that she told them a "load of rubbish"? Instead, she voluntarily, and without duress or coercion, confirmed the lies she told about Patrick. There's no excuse for that ... simply none. There is absolutely no excuse for leaving Patrick in jail for 2 weeks. This alone tells us that she does not care about how her actions and words destroy lives, and that she will not do anything to assist someone that is suffering as a direct result of her actions. Meredith didn't have a chance with Amanda as her "good friend".

Wasn't that statement given the night Amanda was grilled by LE without the interrogation being video/audio taped?
How many times has a person "confessed" or pointed to a person in these types of pressure cooker questionings because they believe they are led to believe it is the right thing to do.... You and I say would never do something like that, but then I've never been subjected to what Amanda went through that night.

Bravo. Numerous case can be cited where reasonable people confessed to crimes they would never commit, and were later exonnerated by alibis and DNA (as in the case of Peter Reilly in Conn. 1974).

Statements given as a witness could not be used against Amanda. The only statement that was admitted was the "gift" she voluntarily provided, without coercion or even a request from police, on Nov 7.

Are you viewing the bedroom as the scene of the crime, or the cottage as the scene of the crime? I ask because if we look at the Nancy Cooper trial, evidence is being presented from the car, the bedroom, the front foyer, the location where Nancy was found ... and so on. Should we tell those investigators that they're making a mistake and should narrow the crime scene to only the car, or only the front foyer?

Why didn't she say that she told them a "load of rubbish"? Instead, she voluntarily, and without duress or coercion, confirmed the lies she told about Patrick. There's no excuse for that ... simply none. There is absolutely no excuse for leaving Patrick in jail for 2 weeks. This alone tells us that she does not care about how her actions and words destroy lives, and that she will not do anything to assist someone that is suffering as a direct result of her actions. Meredith didn't have a chance with Amanda as her "good friend".
From my understanding , ILE suspected Patrick, and coerced Knox to that end. It is clearly they who are responsible for his being jailed (did they not think to check his alibi first? Nope, too busy with their "vision")---and THEY are responsible for the APPALLING treatment this poor man received ( he was beaten, stripped of his clothes---just awful. :( ) I hope the poor man wins his lawsuit....

Bravo. Numerous case can be cited where reasonable people confessed to crimes they would never commit, and were later exonnerated by alibis and DNA (as in the case of Peter Reilly in Conn. 1974).

In this case, the DNA confirms Amanda's participation, not exonnerates.

From my understanding , ILE suspected Patrick, and coerced Knox to that end. They are responsible for his being jailed (did they not think to check his alibi first? Nope, too busy with their "vision")---and THEY are responsible for the APPALLING treatment this poor man received ( he was beaten, stripped of his clothes---just awful. :( )

So Amanda is not responsible for the statement she gave confirming her accusations against Patrick ... it is the fault of the police ... even though all they did was provide Knox with pen, paper, and a quiet place to write her "gift" statement?

Statements given as a witness could not be used against Amanda. The only statement that was admitted was the "gift" she voluntarily provided, without coercion or even a request from police, on Nov 7.

Are you viewing the bedroom as the scene of the crime, or the cottage as the scene of the crime? I ask because if we look at the Nancy Cooper trial, evidence is being presented from the car, the bedroom, the front foyer, the location where Nancy was found ... and so on. Should we tell those investigators that they're making a mistake and should narrow the crime scene to only the car, or only the front foyer?
Since Knox lived in that cottage for many weeks, her DNA was all over it. Thus, we need really solid evidence - without blunders opening things up to contamination - that she was part of the murder scene and part of the action.

I think the three were all drugged up at the cottage, and Amanda put him up to seeing if he could get lucky with Meredith. He fled the scene as soon as Meredith was fatally injured, distancing himself from the lovebirds. He also opted for the fast track trial option because he feared that the lovebirds would try to put it all on him.

So how does the knife you believe is the murder weapon or at least involved, fit in here? If AK decided to put him up to it at that time and it wasn't pre-planned...

So Amanda is not responsible for the statement she gave confirming her accusations against Patrick ... it is the fault of the police ... even though all they did was provide Knox with pen, paper, and a quiet place to write her "gift" statement?
Why did they beat him? Arrogance and an agenda come to mind. They might have taken her "gift" with a grain of salt at that point.

Since Knox lived in that cottage for many weeks, her DNA was all over it. Thus, we need really solid evidence - without blunders opening things up to contamination - that she was part of the murder scene and part of the action.

Nancy Cooper was also most likely murdered at home (don't know yet, trial is ongoing), so should we narrow the crime scene to only one room in her house? Why do we want to reduce the crime scene to the bedroom for a trial in Italy, but trials in the US always include the broader crime scene? I've never heard of a trial in the US where someone was murdered at home and the crime scene was reduced to a few feet on either side of the victim's body.

So how does the knife you believe is the murder weapon or at least involved, fit in here? If AK decided to put him up to it at that time and it wasn't pre-planned...

It isn't my belief that the murder weapon is a couple of knives, that comes from the medical examiner. According the Raffaele, Meredith's DNA got on the blade when he playfully nicked her with they knife while she was having dinner at his apartment. How about that for a fishy explanation of the evidence!

Nancy Cooper was also most likely murdered at home (don't know yet, trial is ongoing), so should we narrow the crime scene to only one room in her house? Why do we want to reduce the crime scene to the bedroom for a trial in Italy, but trials in the US always include the broader crime scene? I've never heard of a trial in the US where someone was murdered at home and the crime scene was reduced to a few feet on either side of the victim's body.
No, you don't narrow the crime scene, but how can you prove when the DNA was deposited? If someone gets killed in my living room tonight, they will find my DNA all over the condo, in every room, where does this leave me?

Why did they beat him? Arrogance and an agenda come to mind. They might have taken her "gift" with a grain of salt at that point.

Personally, I don't believe that ... but ... You must be referring to the Daily Mail article, the one that includes this:

"Now, in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, Patrick reveals his feelings towards the infamous "Foxy Knoxy", and tells how the seemingly quintessential American turned into a tormented monster eaten up by anger towards both himself and Meredith.

"She was angry I was firing her and wanted revenge," he says. "By the end, she hated me. But I don't even think she's evil.

To be evil you have to have a soul. "Amanda doesn't. She's empty; dead inside. She's the ultimate actress, able to switch her emotions on and off in an instant. I don't believe a word she says. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. But those lies have stained me for ever."

"Meredith was a natural charmer, a beautiful girl who made friends easily, and effortlessly received attention wherever she went," Patrick explains, sitting beside his pretty Polish-born girlfriend of six years Aleksandra Kania, 28, and their 19-month-old son, Davide.

"Amanda tried much harder, but was less popular. I didn't realise it at the time, but now I see that she was jealous. She wanted to be the queen bee, and as the weeks passed, it became clear that she wasn't. She hated anyone stealing her limelight ? and that included Meredith."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-framed-Merediths-murder.html#ixzz1IfnI3Zyt

sniped:
Are you viewing the bedroom as the scene of the crime, or the cottage as the scene of the crime?

The bedroom is the center of crime scene, and that is where I look to see real evidence that AK was there when MK was murdered. Also, I find it amazing that RG did not implicate AK, I'm sure LE would have wanted him to...

Personally, I don't believe that ... but ... You must be referring to the Daily Mail article, the one that includes this:

"Now, in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, Patrick reveals his feelings towards the infamous "Foxy Knoxy", and tells how the seemingly quintessential American turned into a tormented monster eaten up by anger towards both himself and Meredith.

"She was angry I was firing her and wanted revenge," he says. "By the end, she hated me. But I don't even think she's evil.

To be evil you have to have a soul. "Amanda doesn't. She's empty; dead inside. She's the ultimate actress, able to switch her emotions on and off in an instant. I don't believe a word she says. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. But those lies have stained me for ever."

"Meredith was a natural charmer, a beautiful girl who made friends easily, and effortlessly received attention wherever she went," Patrick explains, sitting beside his pretty Polish-born girlfriend of six years Aleksandra Kania, 28, and their 19-month-old son, Davide.

"Amanda tried much harder, but was less popular. I didn't realise it at the time, but now I see that she was jealous. She wanted to be the queen bee, and as the weeks passed, it became clear that she wasn't. She hated anyone stealing her limelight ? and that included Meredith."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-framed-Merediths-murder.html#ixzz1IfnI3Zyt
Well, obviously this man has lost his objectivity, after his ordeal. Of course he is angry. But I am not taking his words as gospel, or proof that Knox murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74