IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I read in the previous thread it isn't general knowledge that JR has lived in New York State. According to publicrecords.com, his mother has lived in Brighton, MA, Wilmington, DE, Farmington, MI, White Plains, NY, and New Rochelle, NY. You have to go to the website and specifically search for her under her full name, or google her name including her maiden name. His family has also lived on the same Rockland Co., NY street as the Spierers, per the JRShouldTalk website.

Please do not reply with any arguments along the line that your dog is a member of your family.

Well...you already said we weren't allowed to discuss this, but if you do consider dogs a part of your family it isn't that strange to list important dogs in your life in an obituary. However, every time I have seen it I have seen a person's OWN dogs listed and always last. Like, BLAH BLAH is survived by [List all family members] and her two beloved dogs, Fido and Spot. I have never heard of family and friends being hugely offended by it either. I suppose you have to be a dog person though. I wonder who actually writes obituaries for people though-someone in her family had to send in this information so someone made the choice to do () and the dogs listed before her sister? o_O

If I died now my parents or whomever writes my obit might actually put my dog in there. She is basically my child, lol.

She had visited JR's apt. quite alot during the previous year along with HT. She might not have formally met CR until the Indy 500. I'll go look for the link...

It's from a lohud article that isn't published online, anymore.

"According to Tamir, Spierer met him two weeks earlier at the Indianapolis 500. Tamir was also at the auto race, as was Rossman's roommate, Mike Beth, and Jay Rosenbaum, a mutual friend who lives elsewhere in Rossman's building.

Rosenbaum was the one who introduced them, Tamir said.

"I've been good friends with Jay since our freshman year," she said, and added "we always used to be at his apartment last year." "

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110612/NEWS02/106120429/1018

which I found republished here:

http://refugeesunleashed.net/about26095-0-asc-50.html

So we had the story of what was on the cctv footage of Ls at smallwood two weeks ago.The landfill story last week any thought are what the next story on this case will be?I say this because I think you are going to see a slow steady stream of info put out either to keep the story in the news or to keep pressure on some people.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but something having to do with POI. Either clearing one or naming a new one. Also, maybe a piece of evidence-- phone-related would be good!

I still don't think we have an entirely clear picture of how well everyone knew each other and how friendly everyone was. I know HT has been valuable, but in some cases she isn't quite the primary source for information and her interpretation of relationships is just that-her interpretation.

People do get terribly upset when a loved one dies, so I hesitate to criticize. However, that obituary unfortunately is not written in the most tactful and sympathetic way.

Note that the sons-in-law are named in parentheses which can be taken to mean that they are not important; yet properly stating their names would not have taken that much more space. And what are grand-dogs? A proper obituary might discuss the deceased’s affection for a pet dog, but to place them in the category of the bereaved is an insult to the family and close friends.

Please do not reply with any arguments along the line that your dog is a member of your family.

Wishes of the deceased trump those of family/friends.

The spouse's name in parentheses is fairly standard convention these days and it may have been the deceased wishes to list the dogs that way.

When my grandfather passed away in 2006 his dog was listed in his obit. The spouses of his children were listed in parentheses. However his grandchildren and great grandchildren were listed as a number.

People do get terribly upset when a loved one dies, so I hesitate to criticize. However, that obituary unfortunately is not written in the most tactful and sympathetic way.

Note that the sons-in-law are named in parentheses which can be taken to mean that they are not important; yet properly stating their names would not have taken that much more space. And what are grand-dogs? A proper obituary might discuss the deceased’s affection for a pet dog, but to place them in the category of the bereaved is an insult to the family and close friends.

One point of clarification from a local: B'Town is not a small town. LE does not know every vehicle. Far, far from it. There are always many strange cars in town with 40,000 students; family members cars, friends cars, etc. Even in the summer. It's a very dicey town to drive in. Quite often drivers do not know where they are going (or where they have been LOL), or what lane they should be in.

Also, who says JR did not have a car on the morn of June 3? At the very least he had access to DB's car. I doubt JR's car was searched. I believe it was CR's car LE searched, not JR's. For some reason, LE's early focus seems to have been on CR's car, which I don't believe CR used real early on the morn of June 3rd. But JR's car or DB's car? Hmmmm. Either one of their cars could have been used very early Friday morn.

I can't believe the dogs got any press space in this thread. have people run out of material?

the way the obit is arranged, it made sense that they listed next of kin as husband, then children with the children-in-law in parentheses. that is common.

after a child any grandchildren are identified as associated with that child. she obviously loved the dogs so they were placed with the family owning the dogs.

after all her children (and grandchildren) were names, they moved to surviving siblings, again very common.

if I croaked tomorrow, I would hope my dog is mentioned as I consider him my baby, even if he is 9 years old.

Well with all the talk or lack of it from LS friends it goes to show some times a dog is man's best friend.

Wishes of the deceased trump those of family/friends.

The spouse's name in parentheses is fairly standard convention these days and it may have been the deceased wishes to list the dogs that way.

It may also be the protocol used in that paper to save space/words. (not the dogs, of course!! LOL)

Also, who says JR did not have a car on the morn of June 3? At the very least he had access to DB's car. I doubt JR's car was searched. I believe it was CR's car LE searched, not JR's. For some reason, LE's early focus seems to have been on CR's car, which I don't believe CR used real early on the morn of June 3rd. But JR's car or DB's car? Hmmmm. Either one of their cars could have been used very early Friday morn.

Piggybacking on this point... I see no reason why LE couldn't hold a presser or issue a release that summarizes and clears up some points like what cars were searched. I could also see them clarifying who they've interviewed, who've they've only interviewed via atty, whether JR had a guest, etc.

They don't have to tell what they've learned, but it would be informative as well as keep the case alive to at least clear up what bases have been covered.

Piggybacking on this point... I see no reason why LE couldn't hold a presser or issue a release that summarizes and clears up some points like what cars were searched. I could also see them clarifying who they've interviewed, who've they've only interviewed via atty, whether JR had a guest, etc.

They don't have to tell what they've learned, but it would be informative as well as keep the case alive to at least clear up what bases have been covered.

Not to be rude, but don't hold your breath...
We still don't know what LE has done out in Portland to find Kyron, after 14 months...only that they can't name a POI and won't say who if anyone has been cleared...

MOO... I think it's important to remember that LE isn't in the business of keeping us informed OR keeping the case alive. They're in the business of solving the case. And, to that end, they are probably really better off if they have a little peace and quiet to do that work.

I find it interesting that we also haven't heard anything from CS in quite awhile. Certainly SHE is in the business of keeping the case alive (but not so much in keeping the public informed). So, I have to believe that she's acting in the best interest of the investigation.

And yes... I get up every morning wanting to hear some news... wanting to know more... so it's not that I don't WANT the info.... I do!

I dont really have anything new to add to this thread, but I would just like to say hello as I have been lurking since LS went missing. I am familiar with this group of people (Do not want to disclose how I am aquainted as I'm sure these people are reading), but I do agree with those who say HT is hiding something. Her behavior seems quite odd in the way she released information to the media initially and now she has silenced herself.

I am not surprised by the supposed drug use of these people either. . . it is extremely common for smallwood people, especially this group. Xanax is everywhere among students at IU.

I am familiar with Bloomington as I attend school at IU (I am going to be a junior this year) so if you have any questions please ask me.

I just want LS to be found.

I dont really have anything new to add to this thread, but I would just like to say hello as I have been lurking since LS went missing. I am familiar with this group of people (Do not want to disclose how I am aquainted as I'm sure these people are reading), but I do agree with those who say HT is hiding something. Her behavior seems quite odd in the way she released information to the media initially and now she has silenced herself.

I am not surprised by the supposed drug use of these people either. . . it is extremely common for smallwood people, especially this group. Xanax is everywhere among students at IU.

I am familiar with Bloomington as I attend school at IU (I am going to be a junior this year) so if you have any questions please ask me.

I just want LS to be found.

:welcome::party:

I have a question for you. Are there any reports (either here or in the media) that you have read that you think are not true?

Disclaimer and apology - sorry to keep going with the notion of stranger abduction - and - I've been wrong before.

But,

let's say that none of the college POI's are involved in Lauren's disappearance apart from their contributions of any drugs and alcohol.

Let's assume that she was taken by some weird strangler guy. His description is out there: "a white male with pale skin and dark hair in his early- to mid-20s," and presumably the location of Crystal Grubb's remains is also known. What triggered this behavior? Break up? Bereavement? Trouble with a female boss? What kind of car would he drive? Where would he live? What places would he frequent? How can we find him? If he killed Crystal, in what context would have have known/seen her?

Strangely, if you google "Bloomington" and "strangled" there are multiple accounts of people being strangled. In some cases the stranglers are known and had been taken into custody. So it's not uncommon, seemingly, although in some of the accounts the victim may have known the person.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82214

Why don't I buy the fact that one of the POI's did it? I dunno. Just don't get that feeling. No great and wonderful reason, just don't happen to believe it. But again, I've been wrong before.

I live in the Lafayette, IN area, and most if not all of the obituaries I read in the local papers list the son/daughter in-laws first names in parentheses.

Grand-dogs are the dogs of a parents' child. I do not have children, but my parents love their grand-pets. My parents realize that my pets are MY kids, and they love pet-sitting.

Per your request, I will not tell you that my dog is the most valued member of MY small family. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave