Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Hi Britt.
Thinking of you today. It made my heart glad to see so many news articles for you. We won't give up.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/15259...een-wants-answers-in-the-lowcountry-searching
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WCIV) -- The Rochester, New York father of a missing teen is in the Lowcountry tonight looking for answers.

Chad Drexel walked around McClellanville Friday afternoon in hopes of getting information from the public. It's the area where his daughter, 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel's last cell phone ping came from. She went missing from Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009.

Earlier Friday, Chad and his sister Keri joined the founder of the Kristen Foundation, an organization that helps families of the missing in Myrtle Beach. They stood in front of the newest billboard, designed by Chad Drexel.

"I wish I could have another 100 of these billboards done and get some closure for my children from my family. I'm down here to do what I can. To do what I can to find something, find something for my daughter," Drexel said.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/15254...to-grand-strand-in-hopes-of-raising-awareness
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - The adopted father of missing New York teen Brittanee Drexel is back in the Grand Strand just days after investigators announce a new search in the case.

"I want to show the public that I'm here, if you know anything please come forward," said Chad Drexel, just hours after returning to Myrtle Beach from Rochester.

Chad Drexel and other family members are back in Myrtle Beach for an event on Friday that will unveil a new billboard meant to raise awareness about the ongoing search.

http://www.carolinalive.com/entertainment/story.aspx?id=650813
A new billboard for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel will formally be unveiled this morning at 11:00 at 10th Avenue North and US Bypass 17

numerous other articles:
http://news.google.com/news/more?q=...lt&ct=more-results&resnum=10&ved=0CJcCEKoCMAk

Ok. So there is this HUGE elephant in the room! I know you all see it! lol
I guess I will take the leap and be the first to talk about it cuz I value all you guys' take on things and wonder if I'm alone in the way I'm thinking.

This whole new billboard and the new foundation brought in. Not sure if this is such a great idea. I kinda am thinking along the lines of DD that this could add confusion, and not only that but makes people wonder why? and why now? kwim? It seems the more agencies invloved, there will be more jockeying for position. I wish I could believe they are all working together as a team, but it sure doesn't seem like it. I even felt this way about all the different LE agencies invloved, like are they really all working together or is each of them really doing separate stuff and not sharing with the others.

I do get the fact that the more people looking and paying attention the better. And I do like the location of the billboard being in MB, that is a plus. However, I totally don't get the pic that was used. In the survelliance footage, her hair is blonde, isn't it? Makes no sense at all to me to use a pic with totally different color hair.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the old saying is true that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

JMO IMHO and all that jazz.

I guess I will take the leap and be the first to talk about it cuz I value all you guys' take on things and wonder if I'm alone in the way I'm thinking.

This whole new billboard and the new foundation brought in. Not sure if this is such a great idea. I kinda am thinking along the lines of DD that this could add confusion, and not only that but makes people wonder why? and why now? kwim? It seems the more agencies invloved, there will be more jockeying for position. I wish I could believe they are all working together as a team, but it sure doesn't seem like it. I even felt this way about all the different LE agencies invloved, like are they really all working together or is each of them really doing separate stuff and not sharing with the others.

I do get the fact that the more people looking and paying attention the better. And I do like the location of the billboard being in MB, that is a plus. However, I totally don't get the pic that was used. In the survelliance footage, her hair is blonde, isn't it? Makes no sense at all to me to use a pic with totally different color hair.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the old saying is true that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

JMO IMHO and all that jazz.

I think that now that they have a suspect it might jog somebodies memory about seeing him with Brit or in the area she was abducted. Anyway, IMO it can't hurt to have the public thinking about her.

This whole new billboard and the new foundation brought in. Not sure if this is such a great idea. I kinda am thinking along the lines of DD that this could add confusion,

This is the contact information used by the Kristin foundation:
[If you believe you have any information which might be of help in locating Brittanee Marie Drexel, please contact:

The Myrtle Beach Police Department at: (843) 918-1300,
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at: 1-800-THE-LOST® (1-800-843-5678)
or you may email any tips to hotline@ncmec.org

The Kristen Foundation
2330 Bonnie Butler Way, Charlotte, NC 28270-4415
(704) 996-5066 Help@KristenFoundation.org

Mission Statement

The primary purpose of the Kristen Foundation is to fill the void left by the National Center for Missing Exploited Children's (NCMEC) legal restriction against providing assistance in efforts to locate persons above the age of 18.

In pursuit of this purpose, the Foundation provides financial and informational assistance to family members of missing persons over the age of 18 and designated as endangered/at-risk by law enforcement.

Financial assistance is provided to help defer the costs of billboard advertisements, newspaper advertisements and flyers, travel expenses and any other justifiable expenses related to the search, investigation and recovery of a qualified missing person.

The Kristen Foundation
2330 Bonnie Butler Way, Charlotte, NC 28270-4415
(704) 996-5066 Help@KristenFoundation.org

http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=hw&report=sp&ID=001

In addition to financing efforts to search and locate endangered/at-risk adults, the Kristen Foundation offers guidance and direction to the families of the missing loved ones. From lobbying national, state and local leaders, to providing strategies for effective investigations, the Foundation is a fundamental service provider for families around the country.

The Foundation actively works with various media publications, radio and television networks to raise the public awareness of missing adults.

The Kristen Foundation DOES NOT COMPETE IT ASSISTS AND WORKS VERY CLOSELY WITH LE AND MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN.

They are not involved in police work the goal is to bring and keep bringing attention on those who are missing and to support the families.

Check out the Billboard and look at the phone numbers.

The Kristen Foundation DOES NOT COMPETE IT ASSISTS AND WORKS VERY CLOSELY WITH LE AND MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN.

They are not involved in police work the goal is to bring and keep bringing attention on those who are missing and to support the families.

Check out the Billboard and look at the phone numbers.[/QUOTE]

BBM
Thanks for all your links & quotes about the Kristen Foundation. I have looked at the billboard and seen the phone numbers. I will re-iterate that the more billboards and name recognition out there the better. The more people who see Britts face, the better. However, I believe, in my opinion,, that this could be perceived as a disjointed effort with suspect motives. If it leads to tips and Britt being found, then who cares about motives? Not me or anyone else. But, if it causes problems with the investigation, or causes other agencies to scale back, then what?

ETA - I quoted all of JeannieC's post but only the bottom part showed up!

Check out the Billboard and look at the phone numbers.[/QUOTE]

BBM
Thanks for all your links & quotes about the Kristen Foundation. I have looked at the billboard and seen the phone numbers. I will re-iterate that the more billboards and name recognition out there the better. The more people who see Britts face, the better. However, I believe, in my opinion,, that this could be perceived as a disjointed effort with suspect motives. If it leads to tips and Britt being found, then who cares about motives? Not me or anyone else. But, if it causes problems with the investigation, or causes other agencies to scale back, then what?

ETA - I quoted all of JeannieC's post but only the bottom part showed up!

I can't see how this could possibly cause other agencies to "scale back". It refers people to the police department that is handling the case. Disjointed? These people support the family financially, help with posters (LE doesn't), keep the case before the media so it won't go "cold", and suspect motives? What suspect motives? This is a volunteer organization.

Law Enforcement does get involved with the billboards, and everything that is done. They work very closely with LE. The operative word is WITH.

When Kristen Modafari disappeared she had just turned 18 years old. There was no agency to assist the family in any way. Emotional support, financial support, searches, posters, billboards, all the things that are needed. This is what started and has continued to be their sole purpose.

They also have speakers who go around and speak regarding safety issues. Being aware, staying safe.

I just got back from a week long vacation from Myrtle Beach this past Saturday. I didn't check the computer while on vacation to see the latest on Brit's case, but thought about her while I was done there. I wish I would have seen the billboards that her family had put for her. (but I didn't)

Myrtle Beach is very beautiful, we had a nice time. The only bad thing that happened while down there is that our friend's condo was broken into and some personal possessions were stolen. while we were over at the beach. (they were staying two doors down from us). The cops said that was the first time the building we were staying in has been robbed. He also told my friends that Myrtle Beach is one of the biggest crime capitals of the US. They don't like to publize much info about the crime because it's a tourist town and don't want people to be turned away from visiting.

Let's hope Brittannee is found soon!!

Chaddylex, Glad you are back and that you had a nice time in MB. I am sorry your friends were robbed. What a pain! I do believe what the cop told your friends about publicizing crime. I live in a beach town and crime is downplayed here too.

I wish I were independently wealthy. I would buy 20 billboards and plaster them everywhere down there in MB and surrounding areas for Brittanee. It makes me sad that Brittanee's parents are 'at odds' over the billboards. I just want Brittanee found and returned to her family. I hope the 'you know what' who took her has to drive by these billboards daily and see Britt's lovely photo and knows that we are gonna get him eventually. I hope he spends every day of his miserable life scared and looking over his shoulder until he is caught.

Hang in there Britt! We are one day closer to finding you!

MOO

wm

I can't see how this could possibly cause other agencies to "scale back". It refers people to the police department that is handling the case. Disjointed? These people support the family financially, help with posters (LE doesn't), keep the case before the media so it won't go "cold", and suspect motives? What suspect motives? This is a volunteer organization.

Law Enforcement does get involved with the billboards, and everything that is done. They work very closely with LE. The operative word is WITH.

When Kristen Modafari disappeared she had just turned 18 years old. There was no agency to assist the family in any way. Emotional support, financial support, searches, posters, billboards, all the things that are needed. This is what started and has continued to be their sole purpose.

They also have speakers who go around and speak regarding safety issues. Being aware, staying safe.

Yes, "disjointed" effort and "suspect motives" are the words I used the other day, and I would still use them today. Like I said, if this leads finding Britt, then who cares about motives.

Thank you for your post and I respect your opinion, however I think we are just gonna have to agree to disagree about this, ok :crazy:?

Do you guys recall reading anywhere or coming across anywhere the reason why Moody relocated to SC after his prison stint in CA? Does he have ties in SC? Family? Friends? Or did he close his eyes and put his finger on a map and SC is where it landed? Just curious as to why there.

I don't recall RocNYChick but I am curious about Moody's movements after being released from prison in CA. I plan to attempt a timeline of his movements with the little info we have on him. I've been a little busy lately with summer visitors and home projects but will try when things settle down a bit.

Did anyone notice any distinct accent from the few words he spoke in that video? We might be able to glean or guess from that. It is difficult to lose the regional accent one grew up with. My dear b/f has lived in NC for almost 20 years but still has his mid-western accent. He is from IL and cuts off the end of his words kind of like the Potus, lol! Just an idea.

wm

Labor Day is fast approaching! I am hoping we will hear an update on Britt after the holiday has passed!!!

wm

Did anyone notice any distinct accent from the few words he spoke in that video? We might be able to glean or guess from that. It is difficult to lose the regional accent one grew up with. My dear b/f has lived in NC for almost 20 years but still has his mid-western accent. He is from IL and cuts off the end of his words kind of like the Potus, lol! Just an idea.

wm

I would love to know how this creep ended up in Georgetown, SC. I am right down the road a bit and wonder what if any ties to the area he possibly has.

WM, hi! Could you please link the article with the video so I can look at it again. I would sure appreciate it. I have a hard time navigating past info and cant find this. TIA

I'm from the midwest, Wisconsin, but have been in SC 12 years. It would be impossible in my lifetime to ever pick up the accent of the locals. Every area has their own little distinct twang on the drawl.

Hurry home Britt!

I keep checking here to look for news that he's been arrested. :sigh: Hopefully it will be very soon.

Hello again everyone and Brittanee. Thinking about you every day as usual. Continually sending out prayers that you return home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo