TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following a case local to me on WS for the past few days. Patrick Borally. It is worth a read IMHO because it shows a very different reaction by LE to a case of a missing adult who seemingly drove into oblivion. Comparing the responses in these two cases is more eye opening when you consider the contacts Gail had with LE leading up to her disappearance.

I was following this one too, and did you see? They found him! Perfectly safe, in Canada. Apparently he just got in his big van and drove away. So glad for his family that he was located. Just thought you would want to know, if you didn't.

Okay, finally home with my ginormous file of notes. This stuff may have been answered already by now.

Regarding the kids being alone 10 minutes and MP running errands with his mom: It seems AD saying a neighbor (possibly SB?) saw MP return about 10 minutes later is the only info we have on this. I notice fbx, who is verified, questioned how accurate the 10 minutes was:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April

2011 - #4

fbx also questioned whether MP was at his mom's house or not. I don't think anyone could find anything more specific than AD's comment on TFP that I
linked earlier.

The rumor about errands was very very early on, I see mentions of it on WS as early as May 15. Also on May 15, Forums4Justice has this in the timeline saying MP was at his mom's house 25 minutes away. I cannot find the
original source of the info for either claim.

TN Gail Palmgren Timeline http://bit.ly/lVCfth - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Notice that it says 25 minutes away, but F. Lee (a local) said they drove that route and it was only 13 minutes.

TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4 - Page 21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Regarding the baseball game: I'm having a heck of a time finding the source on this. As far as I know, it was first mentioned as only a possibility by Confused back in May:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

It looks like somewhere around August 7 or 8 we heard MP really was seen at the Lookouts game being jovial and very outgoing because that's when we started talking about it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April
2011 - #9

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

There's more out there, but that's the best I can do with a migraine.

As for TH, I checked the transcript and Emeralgem is right, Jammer says it was a "softball weekend tournament in Mississippi" so not the same game.

If he claimed to LE that he was his mother's house, but actually wasn't there may explain why his mother retained a lawyer. Maybe? I could be wrong . . .

If he claimed to LE that he was his mother's house, but actually wasn't there may explain why his mother retained a lawyer. Maybe? I could be wrong . . .

Could be his cell was at his mother's house.....and he wasn't, imo.

I was following this one too, and did you see? They found him! Perfectly safe, in Canada. Apparently he just got in his big van and drove away. So glad for his family that he was located. Just thought you would want to know, if you didn't.

Yes I did see that! Thank goodness. Guess you really can't hide from the FBI. It is just so odd to me that LE seemed to devote so many resources to finding him right away when there was no more evidence than in Gail's case.

I have always been suspicious of the River Canyon Road area. My thoughts are due to its remote location and easy accessibility. I know the area was searched, but I do not know to what extent. Aside from that, I think of Prentice Cooper, again for the same reasons. The quickest, easiest water access, however, remains River Canyon Road, to my knowledge--assuming one would want to get off of Suck Creek Road, which is not so remote.

These are my impressions, although I am somewhat impaired in my knowledge of geography.

I believe that if that jeep had traveled far from home, somebody would remember seeing it. Far enough from home, it would have needed gas along the way.

Pearl*, this post made me think of something else as well.
I had brought up fuel stations earlier, in as far as surveillance cameras and sightings- but I didn't think to sift through the ones that specifically don't have either along the possible routes of travel.
Thank you.

Off to try and narrow that down. Tank refills of fuel (at a station, by the fuel co) are federally regulated. Guess I should search that info.
Thanks again.

Pearl*, this post made me think of something else as well.
I had brought up fuel stations earlier, in as far as surveillance cameras and sightings- but I didn't think to sift through the ones that specifically don't have either along the possible routes of travel.
Thank you.

Off to try and narrow that down. Tank refills of fuel (at a station, by the fuel co) are federally regulated. Guess I should search that info.
Thanks again.

another example of how you are a Fountain of knowledge and information! Didn't know that. (I love having Oriah on my team!)

another example of how you are a Fountain of knowledge and information! Didn't know that. (I love having Oriah on my team!)

Aww, thanks redfish. :)

Now if only there weren't about 5 bazillion to sift through!! I'm going to try and start with just TN, AL, and GA.

Could be but IF he were my son and he claimed he was with me but he really wasn't I wouldn't lawyer up.. I would contact the authorities and tell them he wasn't with me...JMHO.
I'll willingly die for my children but I'm not going to lie or cover for them...JMHO

IMHO...IMHO.. The fact that more isn't being done to find Gail and find out what really happened to Gail is disgraceful...JMHO

That's a good theory. I would love to know why they retained lawyers. MP I could understand if he didn't want to incriminate himself for something unrelated. But MP's lawyers clearly talk to the media (and Jammer Scott) when they want to put info out, so IMHO isn't a case of MP worried LE would find out he was downloading bootlegs off the internet or something innocuous like that.

MP's mom got an attorney too, a guy who had his name removed from a news article after it was published. And the news said TH's lawyer was specifically a defense attorney:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/18/palmgren-consents-property-searches/?print

I know there was some question as to whether it was a defense or divorce attorney, but the Times Free Press says defense.

I've done a fair amount of work in my professional life developing standards, processes, and procedures, primarily for various government agencies. It was primarily at the federal level, but I've also done state, county, city level.

Because of this, I know that every government agency has procedures for everything - and I do mean everything lol. I also know that when an agency or department develops their own procedures for something, they have to start with procedures they're required to follow, and procedures they must use as a basis, which usually are based on tried and true methods that work, best practices, etc.

So... with all this in mind, after failing to find anything online for Signal Mountain, Hamilton County, or TN for procedures, I decided to go for the next best thing - what an agency would be likely to use as at least a starting point for their missing person procedures.

I think I found it. I think it's CALEA 41.2.5 and CALEA 41.2.6.

I'm finding lots of agencies that cite it as a reference, and lots of agencies with exactly the same wording.

What I'm not finding - yet! - is the original CALEA Standard that I can be guaranteed hasn't been modified or adapted by an indivual agency.

I'll keep looking.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in reading through some of these documents, just Google CALEA 41.2.5 or 41.2.5 missing persons

Here are some examples of the documents you can find:

Phoenix PD:
http://phoenix.gov/police/missin1.html

Peoria AZ PD:
http://www.peoriaaz.gov/uploadedFiles/Peoriaaz/Departments/Police/Administration/4_29.pdf

Boardman Township PD:
http://www.boardmantwp.com/Police/documents/calea policies/158 Missing Person.pdf

In the course of my poking around, I also found this article:

When people go missing; Foul play or running away?
Posted Aug 16, 2010 @ 07:00 AM
Last update Aug 17, 2010 @ 10:44 AM
http://www.cantonrep.com/stark/canton/x2092793739/When-people-go-missing-Foul-play-or-running-away

I've done a fair amount of work in my professional life developing standards, processes, and procedures, primarily for various government agencies. It was primarily at the federal level, but I've also done state, county, city level.

Because of this, I know that every government agency has procedures for everything - and I do mean everything lol. I also know that when an agency or department develops their own procedures for something, they have to start with procedures they're required to follow, and procedures they must use as a basis, which usually are based on tried and true methods that work, best practices, etc.

So... with all this in mind, after failing to find anything online for Signal Mountain, Hamilton County, or TN for procedures, I decided to go for the next best thing - what an agency would be likely to use as at least a starting point for their missing person procedures.

I think I found it. I think it's CALEA 41.2.5 and CALEA 41.2.6.

I'm finding lots of agencies that cite it as a reference, and lots of agencies with exactly the same wording.

What I'm not finding - yet! - is the original CALEA Standard that I can be guaranteed hasn't been modified or adapted by an indivual agency.

I'll keep looking.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in reading through some of these documents, just Google CALEA 41.2.5 or 41.2.5 missing persons

Here are some examples of the documents you can find:

Phoenix PD:
http://phoenix.gov/police/missin1.html

Peoria AZ PD:
http://www.peoriaaz.gov/uploadedFiles/Peoriaaz/Departments/Police/Administration/4_29.pdf

Boardman Township PD:
http://www.boardmantwp.com/Police/documents/calea policies/158 Missing Person.pdf

In the course of my poking around, I also found this article:

When people go missing; Foul play or running away?
Posted Aug 16, 2010 @ 07:00 AM
Last update Aug 17, 2010 @ 10:44 AM
http://www.cantonrep.com/stark/canton/x2092793739/When-people-go-missing-Foul-play-or-running-away

Thanks Bean.:)

You know what I hope most people take from the last article you mentioned?

That it is frustrating as all get out trying to triage.

WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY.. Hoping LE is dedicated to finding her and finding out what happened to her....Also hoping LE wil find a way to bring the person/s responsible for her disappearance to justice. JMHO

Why would SMPD even listen to anything Matt P said in the first place? They knew Gail could be in danger or they would have never given her the number to a safe house .JMHO

IMHO.. Matt P's actions show that he knows what happened to Gail.And he knows she isn't coming home. Same applies to TH.. I pray both she and he are on LE's radar..JMHO

Why would SMPD even listen to anything Matt P said in the first place? They knew Gail could be in danger or they would have never given her the number to a safe house .JMHO

Good point! She had been calling the police on and off for a few days before her disappearance, because they were fighting and she felt it was getting out of control. Hmmmm

On another note, I wonder if child custody was part of their arguments.

Could be but IF he were my son and he claimed he was with me but he really wasn't I wouldn't lawyer up.. I would contact the authorities and tell them he wasn't with me...JMHO.
I'll willingly die for my children but I'm not going to lie or cover for them...JMHO

I'm the same way. If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler!
However, some parents don't always see things that way. Also, MP may have talked her into it. Maybe he's paying for the lawyer too. I don't see why she really needs one though. This is what makes me wonder . . . . .

Just some thoughts.

Does anyone know if MP's mother was questioned by LE or was it through her lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288