CLUES: how to find Susan

What do we know about Josh or the family going crystal hunting previously? If these caves drop so deep and some are poorly covered . . .what sense does it make to go out in the area in the dark with 2 toddlers? That alone should be placing the children in danger. What do we know that Josh kept everyone from thinking about . . . . what was he adamant that he wanted people to believe? Lets start a list of those things"

1) Susan liked all colors not just purple.
2) Susan was flirtatious with everyone.
3) SP stated Susan wanted him to feel her "thighs" after shaving . . . (who wants people to feel their thighs? wouldn't it be their calf area where the hair grows more?
4) No pictures of Mommy around until the sham home was set up.
5) Josh ask who said they found Mommy in the desert?

6) Did this family frequently go spelunking (sic) diving into underground caves?
7) Did they often camp at campgrounds with tents in the winter . . . what were their patterns of behavior prior to Susan going missing?

8) As violently and calculating as Josh was when he realized he was court ordered for a psycho-sexual eval . . . increases the theory for me that Susan caught Josh's sick *advertiser censored* or inappropriate behaviors and she was no longer willing to subject her chldren to the risk of harm from their Father and Gpa.

Ben Winslow ‏ @BenWinslow
ICYMI: http://bit.ly/HpapeR New searches being planned to #findsusan. @fox13now #SusanCoxPowell #Utah

12h Ben Winslow ‏ @BenWinslow
My story on the latest in the efforts to #findsusan: http://bit.ly/HpapeR @fox13now #SusanCoxPowell #Utah

13h Ben Winslow ‏ @BenWinslow
@Kiirs tells me they're looking at searches to #findsusan in Idaho based on a warrant claiming #JoshPowell in Tremonton. @fox13now #Utah

Snipped from Ben's link in my previous post.

Susan’s best friend Kiirsi Hellewell told FOX 13 on Friday that they were looking in areas of Idaho based on cell phone information revealed in a search warrant unsealed by a judge in Washington state last week.

“Now that we have some cell phone information from Josh and we know he was in the Tremonton area on Wednesday (Dec. 9) in the rental car,” she said. “We’re looking at Idaho and seeing what could have happened. Especially because it would be a halfway point between Washington and Utah

http://fox13now.com/2012/04/06/new-searches-being-planned-in-susan-cox-powell-disappearance/

Snipped from Ben's link in my previous post.

Susan’s best friend Kiirsi Hellewell told FOX 13 on Friday that they were looking in areas of Idaho based on cell phone information revealed in a search warrant unsealed by a judge in Washington state last week.

“Now that we have some cell phone information from Josh and we know he was in the Tremonton area on Wednesday (Dec. 9) in the rental car,” she said. “We’re looking at Idaho and seeing what could have happened. Especially because it would be a halfway point between Washington and Utah

http://fox13now.com/2012/04/06/new-searches-being-planned-in-susan-cox-powell-disappearance/
This is confusing because obviously, WVPD has known this for well over a year. Why didn't they follow up on this Utah handoff theory and go to that area and investigate...talk to shop owners, locals, etc? Everyone here has probably suspected this possibility, at some point in time. Did WVPD?

This new info is mind boggling to me. Fellow sleuths calculated the mileage and determined ID as a mid point for a handoff to SP as soon as the rental car mileage info became public. Many of us also suspected SP's potential involvement and questioned if he was at work when Susan disappeared long ago. If WVCPD had read WS, they would have solved this case long ago! MOO.

Not bashing the PD but am just frushtrated.

wm

This new info is mind boggling to me. Fellow sleuths calculated the mileage and determined ID as a mid point for a handoff to SP as soon as the rental car mileage info became public. Many of us also suspected SP's potential involvement and questioned if he was at work when Susan disappeared long ago. If WVCPD had read WS, they would have solved this case long ago! MOO.

Not bashing the PD but am just frushtrated.

wm

Everyone here speculated about possible video footage! Now anything will likely be gone. Incompetence? Or just crazy inside foot-dragging?

dovebar, IMHO, LE had enough evidence to name Josh as a 'suspect' at the very least. If they had elevated his status from POI to suspect, would that have prevented him from having visitation with the boys? IDK but my gut says yes.

I go back and forth from anger to heartbroken wrt this new information.:(

wm

Do these clues help explain what happened to Utah mom Susan Powell?

First Published Apr 28 2012 08:55 pm • Last Updated Apr 28 2012 08:55 pm
Nearly 2 1/2 years since Susan Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home, police have released little information about their investigation into the missing woman’s case other than to say as recently as mid-April that their work was "progressing."
Some insights into what police know came after a Washington state judge ordered the release of search warrants used to collect evidence last summer at Steve Powell’s Puyallup, Wash., home, where Josh Powell moved with his sons shortly after Susan disappeared. Other possible clues have come from people who knew or encountered Josh Powell or his sons after Susan was declared missing.

More:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53987792-78/powell-susan-police-josh.html.csp

Tribune readers invited to re-examine Susan Powell case

And so The Salt Lake Tribune believes it is worthwhile for both us and our readers to go back to the beginning to re-examine those first days when Susan’s disappearance became public. It is worth engaging in an ongoing, interactive discussion with readers to rethink what we’ve learned since then. We understand that police have far more evidence in their closely guarded case, but as yet no answer.
It’s worth asking, as we do on our newly launched Web page, "Where is Susan?"

Tribune readers invited to re-examine Susan Powell case

And so The Salt Lake Tribune believes it is worthwhile for both us and our readers to go back to the beginning to re-examine those first days when Susan’s disappearance became public. It is worth engaging in an ongoing, interactive discussion with readers to rethink what we’ve learned since then. We understand that police have far more evidence in their closely guarded case, but as yet no answer.
It’s worth asking, as we do on our newly launched Web page, "Where is Susan?"

NOW they want to do something? Too little and way too late. The Trib was too concerned with not getting sued and deleting posts/banning people. We were exchanging info and got to the point where we took it off the Trib forums because of deletions. Instead of consulting lawyers and kowtowing to josh's attorney, they should have used the media to gather info. Instead they played it safe. That didn't help Susan. josh must have been laughing all the way to the grave, he got away with murder. IMHO

:waitasec:

I'm trying to look at the big picture and ask why are they (the Trib) regurgitating all this info about the emails? We knew about the gist of them from Kiirsi's interviews....just not the format in which they were presented (email). Why now? What is the Trib trying to do?...and Why?
Why are they asking for tips? Do they think people would tell them before any LE? I mean the FBI was in on this case too if someone was too afraid or didn't have the confidence in WVPD.

I "think" I may be at the point of leaving this case behind...(beside the charges on SP) because it seems to be approaching the craziness and bazaar smell of the Anthony case..which I refused to follow after Krump entered the case. I stated out loud to myself at that point she would get off because there was more to the case that no one ever would be able to bring to full light. It was just TOO dang strange. I think we have reached that point here. We the public will never see what LE has/had on Susan's case in totality. IMO, JMO, etc.

Personally, I have no confidence in WVPD and any information that can be gleaned from the general public may be more than Utah LE ever released. If nothing else, honesty, transparency, and accurate information could actually help find Susan - unlike what we have seen so far from their closed door meetings to hide info in preparation for a lawsuit. I would love the opportunity to be proven wrong on this - but they are so much more worried about covering their behinds than finding Susan and protecting her children. Who knows . . . it only takes one tip to solve a crime and there be a missing link that comes out of this.

I have a question. IF Josh met SP halfway in the rental car , where would SP have put Susan? Remember when Charlie (IIRC) said that Mom was in the trunk? I wondered what he meant by that because they owned a minivan. I had not considered the possibility that JP transported her in the rental car to hand her off to SP.

IMO, SP is a sicko and I would not be at all surprised if he put Susan somewhere close to his home or maybe in his own back yard! Does anyone remember where the video of the 2 P's and the boys beside a river or lake were taken for that news interview of SP and JP? Was it a state park?

I ask because I am thinking of Charlie's story of how to bury a bear. "Then you put rocks on top of the bear". There were lots of rocks on that riverbank and the boys were skipping rocks on the water.

Charlie's final step in 'how to bury a bear' is to plant a rasberry bush/tree on top because 'that makes the best rasberries'. The detail in his description makes me wonder if he actually witnessed the burial of 'the bear'.

IMO Charlie's words and writings bear important clues in connecting the dots to finding Susan.
He was just a wee one but even at such a young age he knew what he knew...saw what he saw...and expressed it as best he could. Poor little guy.

I hope SP is put away for a loooong time!

moo

wm

I have a question. IF Josh met SP halfway in the rental car , where would SP have put Susan? Remember when Charlie (IIRC) said that Mom was in the trunk? I wondered what he meant by that because they owned a minivan. I had not considered the possibility that JP transported her in the rental car to hand her off to SP.

IMO, SP is a sicko and I would not be at all surprised if he put Susan somewhere close to his home or maybe in his own back yard! Does anyone remember where the video of the 2 P's and the boys beside a river or lake were taken for that news interview of SP and JP? Was it a state park?

I ask because I am thinking of Charlie's story of how to bury a bear. "Then you put rocks on top of the bear". There were lots of rocks on that riverbank and the boys were skipping rocks on the water.

Charlie's final step in 'how to bury a bear' is to plant a rasberry bush/tree on top because 'that makes the best rasberries'. The detail in his description makes me wonder if he actually witnessed the burial of 'the bear'.

IMO Charlie's words and writings bear important clues in connecting the dots to finding Susan.
He was just a wee one but even at such a young age he knew what he knew...saw what he saw...and expressed it as best he could. Poor little guy.

moo

wm

BBM

I agree. I as well believe that Susan needs to be found.

This continues to tear me apart and I hope that Cox's do whatever they can. They have a huge platform from which much good could potentially come.

:waitasec:

I'm trying to look at the big picture and ask why are they (the Trib) regurgitating all this info about the emails? We knew about the gist of them from Kiirsi's interviews....just not the format in which they were presented (email). Why now? What is the Trib trying to do?...and Why?
Why are they asking for tips? Do they think people would tell them before any LE? I mean the FBI was in on this case too if someone was too afraid or didn't have the confidence in WVPD.

I "think" I may be at the point of leaving this case behind...(beside the charges on SP) because it seems to be approaching the craziness and bazaar smell of the Anthony case..which I refused to follow after Krump entered the case. I stated out loud to myself at that point she would get off because there was more to the case that no one ever would be able to bring to full light. It was just TOO dang strange. I think we have reached that point here. We the public will never see what LE has/had on Susan's case in totality. IMO, JMO, etc.

BBM
hollyblue - I understand what you're saying. I have been so disgusted with what has gone on that I also planned to leave it behind. And I agree we may never know the true answers in this case. But, you know, somehow I keep coming back and checking on things. I don't know why, I didn't know Susan, there is nothing to keep me here.

I have moved on to other cases and my personal life. Still, I remain hopeful that some resolution will be found. I hope you'll stick around a bit.

imo

I apologize if this has already been brought up and/or discussed already but I don't remember seeing this thought before and the search function is not my friend.

I was just using Google and saw how you can get 5gb of free "google drive". I think that this is the same as the "cloud" type of websites where you can store anything you want on their site so that it doesn't take up space on your computer hard drive. So...

I wonder if LE has been able to subpoena all of the types of websites that store your data on their site like Photobucket, Flikr, and all of the other photo sites that you upload your pictures to as well as Amazon, Google and any other sites that have cloud data storage.

My thought is that (God forbid) maybe the Powell family saved even worse pictures or videos on some of those sites -or- (God willing) perhaps there is information on what happened to Susan on one of those sites and there could be clues to where she may be.

imo, jmo, moo

Charlie's final step in 'how to bury a bear' is to plant a rasberry bush/tree on top because 'that makes the best rasberries'
. The detail in his description makes me wonder if he actually witnessed the burial of 'the bear'.

moo

wm

BBM

I am still thinking about the volcano project the boys did with josh. How does that factor in; now that we know the evil he is capable of doing, was that a morbid 'clue' that josh found amusing?

BBM

I am still thinking about the volcano project the boys did with josh. How does that factor in; now that we know the evil he is capable of doing, was that a morbid 'clue' that josh found amusing?

I still think that they should check in SP's yard. What better place to hide her than right under LE's nose - right in "plain" sight. I really wish that they would just check so that for once and for all we would know.

I still think that they should check in SP's yard. What better place to hide her than right under LE's nose - right in "plain" sight. I really wish that they would just check so that for once and for all we would know.

My first thought in reading your post was that it just wasn't possible. How stupid would someone be to bury someone right in their own backyard? But, you know, I also thought the idea of JP killing himself and his kids was ridiculous, too, and we all know how that turned out. So, my first thought may be way off base.

From the looks of it his yard is pretty small. I'm not sure how they could bury a body without some kind of mark being left. Seems like the cops serving the search warrant would notice a difference in the landscape?

imo

It would be interesting to know where SP was when he took his days off after Susan's disappearance - like, was he registered in any campgrounds around Mt. St. Helen's?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back