AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously! Why has there been so much flip flopping from the family as to the who/what/where/when/why that pertains to the last time she was known to have had contact with anyone, where she was, and the circumstances under which she left her mothers home? "packed her bags and left" makes it sound like she was leaving for good, not just an overnight stay with her friend or uncle or whatever the original story was.

She packed a tote bag, from what I understand. Maybe that and a purse could be considered bags, but it's not like she packed up with all her earthly possessions. She left on foot.

Well, if he had an atty request a reduction there should be a reason for that. His bond was reduced by what 40%? It is not going to be reduced by much more than that if any. His attorney would know that. It would be pointless to have the attorney request it be lowered at all if there is NO possibility of anyone atleast trying to post the bond. I know people who have had friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, and/or grandparents put up THEIR property. So it is still possible he has someone out there that might atleast try.
Thanks for the info. I know very little how they work. Do they ever reduce bond without an attorney? And could he have a court appointed attorney who would get it reduced? Thanks!

No one in the family has heard from her 5/31. The last text was at 1:47 am June 1. She had contact with people on 5/31, which was after she left her mom's. That's what LE is referring to. There's been no contact since.

Info about bag is on her Missing Poster. I guess the size of bag might determine how long she meant to be gone.

I'd like to know if she took her phone charger. I always take my charger when intending to stay overnight. But I know a couple of people who keep charger in purse at all times.

http://www.hs.facebook.com/HelpFindBrittneyWoodVolunteersPage

thats what I thought too, I just wonder why these details weren't posted by others? It makes a big difference "her family has heard from her", also " they know she was in the area when DH committed suicide"? wtf?

BBM: this statement right here is the BIGGEST wtf?! Of all. IMO, that's crucial information. Did she see him shoot himself? Did she witness something else? Did they search the suicide site for clues to her disappearance in addition to the suicide investigation?

BBM: this statement right here is the BIGGEST wtf?! Of all. IMO, that's crucial information. Did she see him shoot himself? Did she witness something else? Did they search the suicide site for clues to her disappearance in addition to the suicide investigation?

other reports we have seen say "her phone" was in the area. This is different (IMO)

Hi everyone!

I had ask last night if BW has a tattoo on her lower back. I found a pic of girl calling herself Brittney online in the Tillman Corner area. She has a tat on her lower back surrounded by butterflies. I saw that it was noted in one of the poster that she had a tat on her leg surrounded by butterflies. I just wanted to verify it is on her leg not her lower back.

She packed a tote bag, from what I understand. Maybe that and a purse could be considered bags, but it's not like she packed up with all her earthly possessions. She left on foot.

Thanks for clarifying! The way it was worded, coupled with the revelation of previous statements given to LE "haven't been entirely accurate" made me think she was planning on going away for a long time. "packed her bags and left the home" just makes it sound like she had several suitcases packed and paced out.

other reports we have seen say "her phone" was in the area. This is different (IMO)

Agreed, two totally different situations. Her phone could have been in the area due to any number of reasons. But if SHE were in the area....whoooole 'nother story.

Wow SouthernSweetpea. :grouphug: In your opinion, knowing something happened to BW as a child, could she have learned how to keep secrets at a young age and therefore is able to hold strong by keeping secret her location...if in fact she's alive & not deceased?

First hand experience here... keeping secrets is the standard and it is usually out of shame or fear that something terrible will happen to another family member. I was never threatened to keep my mouth shut. The psychological mind set of a child in those circumstances instinctively knows it would be far worse if they said anything.

I never told because I was ashamed, didn't think anyone would believe me or that it would make any difference and I didn't want to make my life anymore messed up than it already was... but more so because I knew my dad would kill someone and go to jail.

I needed & wanted my dad around. My dad wasn't perfect (alcoholic) but my dad lived his life as if the sun did not rise until I did. He loved me more than anything in the entire world.

I told when I was "old enough" (15) and brave enough to stand up for myself and what I thought would happen... happened. I got kicked out of my house and was on my own. My mom's maternal protectiveness lasted maybe 30 minutes. She then announced she wasn't giving up her home that she had invested almost 13 years of her life to so I would have to live somewhere else. She was a real peach.

It makes you tougher, less afraid of terrible things happening to you (what could be worse?)... it does make you think you can overcome things a lot easier than others. That is partially true but it also makes you vulnerable to predators because you just really want someone to love you honestly without hurting you.

Enough about me... I am just trying to illustrate more insight into the mindset of an abused child, family dynamics, how & why secrets are kept by the abused and by the others who know or who may know what is happening.

No one in the family has heard from her 5/31. The last text was at 1:47 am June 1. She had contact with people on 5/31, which was after she left her mom's. That's what LE is referring to. There's been no contact since.

The people BW had contact with on 5/31, was it phone call contact where they could definitively identify that it was BW calling or was it text messaging? Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I had ask last night if BW has a tattoo on her lower back. I found a pic of girl calling herself Brittney online in the Tillman Corner area. She has a tat on her lower back surrounded by butterflies. I saw that it was noted in one of the poster that she had a tat on her leg surrounded by butterflies. I just wanted to verify it is on her leg not her lower back.

all I could find was the statement about the leg tattoo sorry.
She has her naval and lip pierced and a tattoo on her lower leg that says Payton with butterflies around it

First hand experience here... keeping secrets is the standard and it is usually out of shame or fear that something terrible will happen to another family member. I was never threatened to keep my mouth shut. The psychological mind set of a child in those circumstances instinctively knows it would be far worse if they said anything.

I never told because I was ashamed, didn't think anyone would believe me or that it would make any difference and I didn't want to make my life anymore messed up than it already was... but more so because I knew my dad would kill someone and go to jail.

I needed & wanted my dad around. My dad wasn't perfect (alcoholic) but my dad lived his life as if the sun did not rise until I did. He loved me more than anything in the entire world.

I told when I was "old enough" (15) and brave enough to stand up for myself and what I thought would happen... happened. I got kicked out of my house and was on my own. My mom's maternal protectiveness lasted maybe 30 minutes. She then announced she wasn't giving up her home that she had invested almost 13 years of her life to so I would have to live somewhere else. She was a real peach.

Enough about me... I am just trying to illustrate more insight into the mindset of an abused child, family dynamics, how & why secrets are kept by the abused and by the others who know or who may know what is happening.

First: so sorry you had to endure such a rough upbringing.

Second: to piggyback off of your post with my own first hand experience; another reason a child may keep quiet about abuse is because no matter how much a parent hurts them, the child still loves their parent(s), unconditionally. They hold on to a tiny sliver of hope that if they're good enough, one day the abuse will stop and they'll be a happy, loving family. At least that was my reasoning, at times.

His address is to an apartment. I was guessing he didn't own property. FB posts said he was working in AL due to being laid off. That might make money another issue.

MOOhttps://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&aq=f&q=2420+Congress+Pkwy+S,+Athens,+TN+37303-2822&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885e3fd734526e75:0xdcf547e2ef93a561,2420+Congress+Pkwy+S,+Athens,+TN+37303&gl=us&ei=U-zpT6uNA-nO2gX2yMXcCA&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA
I looked his name up on TN sex reg. wasn't listed. Good to know I guess

Not really. I read it the day it came out (I search every few hours for anything new), and had some questions about some of the comments.

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said.

This does not mean they were in the same area, it means the opposite. Grand Bay/South Mobile County is across Mobile Bay from where DH committed suicide.

However, LE is "putting" BW in the area because her phone pinged there. No one saw her holding that phone, so they really don't know if she was there or not. If it was any normal day, sure, we could easily conclude she was with her phone. But since that's the last time anyone has heard from her, I'd say it's not a normal day so you cannot safely make assumptions about it being normal. MOO

IF RSW is in the Tennessee National Guard, then based on his address he would report to the Air Guard Base we a moving to in 3 week :/

FBMom,
Here's a big hug :hug: to you. Your post above couldn't have explained things any better. You are sort of a hero in my eyes...rising above that and then all the help you give on here! Kind of like the "phoenix". You go girl!

There are so many mind games played on abused kids. Sometimes the abuse is "compartmentalized" in their mind because thinking about it is too painful.

The perp might groom them with words or even unspoken fear. It takes grit & courage to speak up. Not to have support after speaking up is unfathomable pain.

Not really. I read it the day it came out (I search every few hours for anything new), and had some questions about some of the comments.

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said.

This does not mean they were in the same area, it means the opposite. Grand Bay/South Mobile County is across Mobile Bay from where DH committed suicide.

However, LE is "putting" BW in the area because her phone pinged there. No one saw her holding that phone, so they really don't know if she was there or not. If it was any normal day, sure, we could easily conclude she was with her phone. But since that's the last time anyone has heard from her, I'd say it's not a normal day so you cannot safely make assumptions about it being normal. MOO

So true - not a normal day.

However, it is quite a coincidence that her phone pings in the very area that she intended to visit and on the night she intended to visit if she were not also physically with her phone.

Only possible explanation I can think of for her to be separated from her phone with her phone pinging near DH's Styx River home would be if she caught a ride with someone she knew and who knew her intended destination and who she intended to visit and the driver was trying to frame DH for BW's disappearance.

Otherwise, if BW had caught a ride with a stranger and mayhem ensued, it would be highly unlikely that her phone would end up so close to her intended destination.

Zeaux,
Do you know if she took her phone charger? lt looked like an iphone in one of the pics. Do you know what kind it was?

To me not taking the charger meant she intended to come back very soon. (Which scares me more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member