Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, they are saying the Sheriff is inexperienced and talked too much. I disagree. I think he was stating what they were going on at the time and to me...it was refreshing to hear LE be candid about it. OSBI takes their cues from the FBI so it doesn't surprise me they want to go the old route of playing deaf, dumb, and blind when it comes to releasing any information.

ITA, to me it sounds like there are suspects and always have been. OSBI just doesn't want to announce it yet. It could also be that the suspects are now witnesses.

Rosser also said vehicle tracks and footprints at the scene are being analyzed to determine if they are related to the murders.

"We're making headway on our forensics evidence," Rosser said, noting the state crime lab is now analyzing ballistics, along with DNA evidence taken from the scene.

topsies performed Monday on the girls show they had been shot in the head and chest, said Kevin Rowland, chief investigator for the medical examiner's office. Rowland did not release any other details, including the number of times each girl was shot. The girls were found wearing T-shirts and shorts.

Rosser said DNA is being recovered from the girls. Samples taken from their clothing and under their fingernails are being tested for substances or anything that might give investigators a clue about the last minutes of their lives.

I think they have quite a bit of evidence....shell casings, tire tracks, footprints, possible DNA.

I believe this one will be solved. I want to know who did this...I have to see the face of the scum that did this to these girls.

Just reading "number of times the girls were shot" says overkill like someone else here pointed out. Mark F. was probably right in his comment that whoever did this had an "urgency" about the killings making certain they were gone.

Here is another thought:

Deputies: 3 Men Walk Away From Kay County Jail
Investigators Believe Escapees Had Help From Outside

NEWKIRK, Okla. -- Deputies are looking for three men who escaped from a jail in northern Oklahoma late Thursday, authorities said.

The three men are considered armed and dangerous.

VIDEO: http://www.koco.com/video/16523631/index.html

http://www.koco.com/news/16523645/detail.html

While this happened some distance from Weleetka, OK...Ponca City is on I-35 which takes you right to I-40. I don't think they have been captured or even spotted since they escaped.

If any case calls for vigilante justice, this is one that definitely would, but first I would prefer they suffer tremendously for a few weeks..................

re: 3 escapees

missing from prison midnight thursday > girls killed saturday 5:30 = 65 hours

per mapquest ponca city > weleetka
Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 44 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 159.89 miles

Here is another thought:

NEWKIRK, Okla. -- Deputies are looking for three men who escaped from a jail in northern Oklahoma late Thursday, authorities said.

Very telling....the Sheriff originally was quoted as saying there was 3 suspects.

I think this may be the lead! They could have been camping out in the woods and the girls came upon them. They don't want the girls to identify them, they made sure the girls were dead by over killing!!

re: 3 escapees

missing from prison midnight thursday > girls killed saturday 5:30 = 65 hours

per mapquest ponca city > weleetka
Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 44 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 159.89 miles

2 hours is nothing. Last night on Greta, I kept on thinking the pic of the road was very rural. Lots of foilage, places for them to hide.

I hope they catch these . Don't they have a plate number on stolen cars in the area? Survelliance of them escaping, something to go by?

I still can't fathom for anything what they could have done or saw to be shot that quick. I didn't put too much into the escaped convicts...but those are men who wouldn't want to go back and who would have absolutely nothing to lose by killing the girls.

Drug dealers show no mercy. Remember the Port St. Lucie killings of an entire family, including the two children?

Why would a local kill these kids? For kicks? I just cannot imagine.
Meth trafficers would. Meth production/trafficing can be a "go to prison for life" felony. Reason enough to kill any witnesses.

I have two thoughts.

First, if they had cell phones, it couldn't be too rural to get cell reception. Were they close enough to I-40 for the cell towers there? Or, was there a tower closer to Weleetka, Bryant, or one of the other smaller communities?

If it wasn't a tower on I-40, maybe they can get ping data from it at the narrow time frame of the murders (assuming the murderer(s) also had a cell phone).

Second, having reviewed some ABC and local videos stories on the murders (including the murder site where a memorial is set up), I get the impression the girls died very close together, as in shot in their tracks, which means that there had to be more than one person shooting. There wasn't time for one to run while the other was being shot if there were only one shooter.

It could also explain the comment of the Sheriff's about not letting his children outside until the perps are apprehended, too. He may have been warning people in his own way that if they are armed and dangerous plus in the immediate area...they better pay attention. His children would be of particular interest to escaped prisoners, imo.

Here is another thought:

Very telling....the Sheriff originally was quoted as saying there was 3 suspects.

I think this may be the lead! They could have been camping out in the woods and the girls came upon them. They don't want the girls to identify them, they made sure the girls were dead by over killing!!

I think this is very plausible.

That wouldn't surprise me a bit. :( They "went for a walk", why?? Why did they walk the road, why not the field(s) they liked to play in.

Too muddy, the roads were gravel and would be less messy? There has been a lot of rain lately. My Meth trafficers theory still holds, they could be locals.

Well..thanks for that update SeriouslySearching. Hmmm, that made sense to me for how fast they were killed. Meth cookers and/or traffickers are the next best bet. What a shame.

the fact that they were found a half an hour after the shooting...makes me suspect foul play from someone they knew. If someone was looking for them in that same area 30 minutes later, someone would have heard shots ,especially in a rural area where loud noises carry becuase there are no big buildings to break up the sound waves.

i hope the citizens find these guys first and kill them.

~lightwaveryder~

I have two thoughts.

First, if they had cell phones, it couldn't be too rural to get cell reception. Were they close enough to I-40 for the cell towers there? Or, was there a tower closer to Weleetka, Bryant, or one of the other smaller communities?

If it wasn't a tower on I-40, maybe they can get ping data from it at the narrow time frame of the murders (assuming the murderer(s) also had a cell phone).

Second, having reviewed some ABC and local videos stories on the murders (including the murder site where a memorial is set up), I get the impression the girls died very close together, as in shot in their tracks, which means that there had to be more than one person shooting. There wasn't time for one to run while the other was being shot if there were only one shooter.

Most drug dealers will use throwaway phones. However, it could give them an idea where they were previously if they could narrow down a cell ping on an unidentified cell phone and try to track it backwards. (Is that possible?)

I think there were probably more than one, but the girls were so close that one wouldn't run to save herself, imo. With a semi-automatic weapon, it wouldn't be that difficult to take both girls out quickly I wouldn't think...so one could have done this.

the fact that they were found a half an hour after the shooting...makes me suspect foul play from someone they knew. If someone was looking for them in that same area 30 minutes later, someone would have heard shots ,especially in a rural area where loud noises carry becuase there are no big buildings to break up the sound waves.

i hope the citizens find these guys first and kill them.

~lightwaveryder~
One word: Silencer.

Still no arrests? :( Boy, I was holding my breath reading about those 3 escapees. Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam