Drew Peterson heads to trial. Jury selection begins Monday July 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also having a funky feeling about this trial. The fact that we will not see the displays we all know DP just LOVES. I pray his sick idea of charm gives the jurors a glimpse into how perverted, sick, and despicable this one is.

I so agree! I expect that when Stacy is called to the stand and doesn't show up, the defense will ask for her to be cited for contempt of court. :banghead:

Yes, well, if they did, imagine the impression that would make on the jury. I'm not sure that's a gamble Drew and his defense team want to make.

Jury selection finished in Drew Peterson murder trial

Drew Peterson’s attorneys exulted over the composition of the seven-man, five-woman jury they finished selecting Tuesday to decide whether former Bolingbrook cop Drew murdered third wife Kathleen Savio

<snip>

Four alternate jurors — one woman and three men — also were selected Tuesday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...p-up-today-in-drew-peterson-murder-trial.html

Jury selection begins in Drew Peterson trial

Peterson, his trademark mustache shaved off, stood and spoke to some 40 potential jurors as jury selection began Monday.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I'm Mr. Peterson," he said in a steady voice.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/56430820?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

Is that normal protocol for a defendant to introduce themselves to potential jurors?

:seeya:

RBBM: OFGS ... :sick:

:waitasec: "Mr." ?

:rolleyes:

Proceedings Tuesday were delayed because Peterson needed a new pair of pants Tuesday morning, reports CBS 2’s Mike Puccinelli. The pants Peterson was wearing did not fit.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/jury-in-place-for-drew-peterson-trial/

Imagine that, Drew's pants not fitting well. :lol:

Also from the above link:

Opening statements for the trial are set for July 31 before Will County Judge Edward Burmila.

:seeya: Thank You for this update ...

:please::please::please: I hope this jury is NOT another Pinellas 12 !

:moo: :moo: :moo:

God, I hope not. It appears both sides are satisfied with the jury. Probably even more so with the 2 yr delay in the trial. This jury pool was ordered to stay away from media regarding DP 2 years ago.

I suppose I'm glad thus far there doesn't seem to be anything the defense can beyotch about with regards to the jury....

Jury selection begins in Drew Peterson trial

Peterson, his trademark mustache shaved off, stood and spoke to some 40 potential jurors as jury selection began Monday.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I'm Mr. Peterson," he said in a steady voice.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/56430820?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

Is that normal protocol for a defendant to introduce themselves to potential jurors?

This is the first time I've ever seen a defendant verbally interact with the jury.

Drew Peterson is such a narcissist that he probably believes he can win the jury over with his charm. :no:

Proceedings Tuesday were delayed because Peterson needed a new pair of pants Tuesday morning, reports CBS 2’s Mike Puccinelli. The pants Peterson was wearing did not fit.

Opening statements for the trial are set for July 31 before Will County Judge Edward Burmila.

I guess he's been eating too many desserts in jail, and not exercising in his cell like he was at first.

I am also worried about this trial. I was SO SURE that Casey Anthony would be found guilty. I was in shock for days when they found her not guilty. I cried many tears for the inhumanity of it, and for little Caylee being killed again by justice being stripped from her. I worry that "Mr." :giggle: Peterson's case has even less circumstantial evidence than Anthony's. I will lose all faith in the justice system if he isn't found guilty. :please:

Proceedings Tuesday were delayed because Peterson needed a new pair of pants Tuesday morning, reports CBS 2&#8217;s Mike Puccinelli. The pants Peterson was wearing did not fit.

BBM:

IMO, DP has always been too big for his britches! :D Gained a little weight in jail, huh?

His beloved lawyers (who feel he is so innocent) need to make sure DP has pants that fit him. Time is money and it shouldn't be wasted because DP is too big for his britches.

I hope Judge Burmila moves this trial along and doesn't give in to any defense delays or any BS out of DP.

Also having a funky feeling about this trial. The fact that we will not see the displays we all know DP just LOVES. I pray his sick idea of charm gives the jurors a glimpse into how perverted, sick, and despicable this one is.

When I read about them placing his most recent victim on the witness list I wanted to spit in his face. What a pathetic, sick thing to do. And then reading about how he ' introduces himself' to the potential jurors, uugghhhh. It reminds me so much of Baez and company. Makes me feel :puke:

I'm with tallcoolone about wanting to see Drew's smirk gone. Unfortunately, he appears to be another one of the intelligent murderers who become increasingly difficult to convict. He has nothing else to do right now but think about possible loopholes and excuses for himself. He is a despicable human being and continues to prey, I believe, even from where he sits at this very moment. If we extinguish this evil, will ten more pop up in his place? I think someone should invent a game with caricatures of murderers popping up, ready to be slammed down with bats, again and again, kind of like the "Bop the beaver" game at the NC state fair. I sure would love to bop Drew, it would be a great stress reliever for me, as well as good arm exercise.:jail:

Well, the jury has been seated people.

Your Legal Lady &#8207;@MariFagel
All seated #DrewPeterson jurors have said under oath they followed rules to not watch/read any coverage of the case in last 3 years

@insession Jury selection is complete. Seven men and five women are on the jury. Three men and one woman are the alternates.

:seeya:

Thank You for the updates ! Question : Will the Jury be sequestered ?

TIA !

In session is on and they're replaying the interview with Drew's lawyers (Larry, Moe and Curly). I have never seen such an unlikeable bunch of a$%^%%$. Cocky, loving the limelight, a perfect reflection of their client. Ugh.

ETA: the reporters asked about Stacy, and all three started saying "Who? What? Who's Stacy?" and yukking it up until one of the reporters said, "She's on your witness list," and then they said, "Oh. Yeah. We hope she shows up." har har chuckle chuckle. Loathesome.

In session is on and they're replaying the interview with Drew's lawyers (Larry, Moe and Curly). I have never seen such an unlikeable bunch of a$%^%%$. Cocky, loving the limelight, a perfect reflection of their client. Ugh.

Ugh! I just watched it. They're about the smarmiest group of men I've seen in one place. :yuck:

Meet the jury that will hear Drew Peterson's case

The jurors:

The men and women chosen as the 12 main jurors for the Peterson trial include:

A woman in her 50s who took college classes in business and child care. She is married to an auto body technician, and is one of eight children. She likes to read The National Enquirer, but says she doesn’t really believe the stories it prints.

A 22-year-old man who was born in Puerto Rico, but moved to Bolingbrook, Illinois, in 2001 with his family. He is attending Columbia College in Chicago, and hopes to become a sports broadcaster.

A man in his 50s who has lived in Joliet his entire life. He has worked at the same job for 30 years, and previously worked for Texaco. His wife is a retired school nurse.

A woman in her 50s who was born in Poland and moved to Chicago when she was five. She is a high school graduate, who now watches her six-year-old granddaughter for her own daughter, a single mother.

A man in his 40s or 50s who is a senior research technician. His first marriage ended in divorce, but there were no children and no property to settle. Now remarried, his hobby is photography.

A man in his 60s who is married and works as a plant manager. He said that he hasn’t paid any attention to the Peterson case, because three years ago, the original trial judge, Stephen White, told prospective jurors not to follow the case. He uses the Internet primarily to purchase parts for his motorcycle.

A woman in her 60s who works for a telecommunications company. Her husband is retired. She has two sons and five grandchildren.

A man in his 40s who grew up in Hawaii and then lived in Virginia before moving to Bolingbrook. A former member of the Hawaiian Army National Guard, he works for the U.S. Postal Service as a mail carrier.

A man in his 50s who has lived in Will County his entire life. He works as a homebuilder, developer and consultant, and he used to own his own construction company. He is married and has a cousin who’s a retired Joliet police officer. He’s also taking flying lessons to become a pilot.

A woman in her 50s who lived in New Jersey and California before moving to Illinois 14 years ago. An inventory manger, she has a brother in California who’s an attorney. The mother of two grown children, a son and a daughter, she occasionally spends “a little time” on the Internet, “to see what my kids are doing on Facebook.”

A woman in her 60s who writes poetry, likes to read biographies and books about old movies, and watches nonfiction television. She works as an administrative assistant and said she likes to hear both sides of a story. The two-time divorcee offered the opinion that “all divorces are unpleasant.”

A man in his 20s or 30s who is single and lives with his parents. He was laid off a few months ago from a job as a cashier and bagger. He spends five to 10 hours a week on the Internet, reads science fiction novels and works out regularly. He said he doesn’t know anything about the Peterson case.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/25/meet-drew-peterson-jury?hpt=hln10_3

ETA: the reporters asked about Stacy, and all three started saying "Who? What? Who's Stacy?" and yukking it up until one of the reporters said, "She's on your witness list," and then they said, "Oh. Yeah. We hope she shows up." har har chuckle chuckle. Loathesome.

OMG. I'm going to end up hating them as much as I do their client drEWWW. These are the type of individuals that Karma exists for and I pray it finds them double-fold.

How dare they? I'm glad they are able to find so much humor in the events that surround their equally smarmy client.

Praying that we get the last laugh as he's found guilty and he's led away to spend the remainder of his useless life in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni