Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was trying to make was that none of these women found any fault with MR during their courtship...naturally after they found out what he was charged with they must have gone "OMG" but during their time spent with him they found nothing or saw nothing because if so I am sure they would have stated that fact.. they invited him into their home and some into their bed so what they feel now has no bearing on how they felt when the relationship was going on and I was pleased to read that at least they were honest about that...JMO they could have said worst about him on the stand and it would be the same as TLM...their word against his.... JMO

Well first we've got the "love of his life" AL dumping him for some reason. So apparently she just wasn't that into him. And oddly he cried in court when she testified. Only when she testified. AW said he acted "weird" both on a bowling date and on a date to Crabby Joes. Then we've got another woman who "couldn't wait for the date to end". And was creeped out when he showed up at her work and wanted to know why she wasn't happy to see him. Then we've got JW who was uncomfortable with his insistence on buying things for her and her children. So uncomfortable that the last time she agreed to meet him it was in a public place. And JM who was concerned with his sketchy history and was going to break it off but "worked it out" somehow.

Those are just the one's I can remember so it seems that there were some concerns about him being a little "off" by several of these women. Heck even CM said she didn't like him and thought he was a bad influence on her daughter. But then we won't take anything she said to the bank in this case I'm sure.

MOO

I'm a little tired of it also, BUT the jury may not be, because they are getting so much more info than we are. It may take that edge off for the jury, kwim?

Salem

You mean as in "oh good we can tune this guy out now because it's just more of the same?" kind of thing? LOL

MOO

I could very well be mistaken again...it's not so difficult when so much is being tweeted and the list of women is so long but on saying that I thought the person who was quoted as saying "bondage interest" was the friend of TM and I am sure he was dating her also at the time TS went missing...please do correct me if I am wrong...JMO

The "bondage interest" girl was quoted in a newspaper article I believe. Not sure if she ever showed up on the stand. But it wasn't AW, the friend of TM's.

MOO

The point I was trying to make was that none of these women found any fault with MR during their courtship...naturally after they found out what he was charged with they must have gone "OMG" but during their time spent with him they found nothing or saw nothing because if so I am sure they would have stated that fact.. they invited him into their home and some into their bed so what they feel now has no bearing on how they felt when the relationship was going on and I was pleased to read that at least they were honest about that...JMO they could have said worst about him on the stand and it would be the same as TLM...their word against his.... JMO

I have a hard time believing he went through that many short term relationships in so little time because they thought he was a great catch. They're not sitting in a witness box for a bash fest. They're there to answer the questions asked of them. I'd bet that there were plenty of things they decided to overlook at the time that they're thinking twice about now.

I think most people like to think they have good instincts, but a lot of people don't...or just don't follow them. People second guess themselves all the time.

I am trying to catch up on today, so, forgive if this has already been posted.

We have now heard from multiple girlfriends, who said that that MTR told them that LE was trying to "pin" the abduction on TLM.

Has it been testified that any of these women actually called LE to report MTR?

I would be curious why they did not, if they did not. Maybe we will never know.

If someone told me that the police were trying to "pin" a child abduction on someone they knew, the alarm bells would be ringing wildly!

JMO

While he didn’t seem upset by the questioning, Meloche, 29, remembered he said he was questioned because he knew Terri-Lynne McClintic, a young woman he told Meloche was a family friend and who was in a youth detention facility. He told Meloche police were trying to pin Tori’s disappearance on McClintic because she looked like the woman seen walking away with the little girl in a surveillance video.

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/...-tried-to-rent-car-delete-cellphone-contacts/

The "bondage interest" girl was quoted in a newspaper article I believe. Not sure if she ever showed up on the stand. But it wasn't AW, the friend of TM's.

MOO

Wasn't the choking/bondage girl the same one that accused him of stealing 2000$ from her bank account. She dumped him after that. She also had a kid I believe. I think you're correct too, we never heard from her in court.

I have a hard time believing he went through that many short term relationships in so little time because they thought he was a great catch. They're not sitting in a witness box for a bash fest. They're there to answer the questions asked of them. I'd bet that there were plenty of things they decided to overlook at the time that they're thinking twice about now.
I think most people like to think they have good instincts, but a lot of people don't...or just don't follow them. People second guess themselves all the time.

Apparantly TLM overlooked alot of his strange quirkyness too, and that's not hearsay!! TLM herself testified to this.

I think that it's weird that he would say that he thought police blamed him for the disappearance of Tori all along knowing that he was to blame. I just don't understand how some people <modsnip> can just gloss over that and say there is nothing wrong with MTR.

I imagine the defence was blindsided by TLM's confession to the actual murder. I am sure their strategy was to prove she was a violent person quite capable of murder. I think they put all their eggs in one basket, or so to speak. JMO

I am trying to catch up on today, so, forgive if this has already been posted.

We have now heard from multiple girlfriends, who said that that MTR told them that LE was trying to "pin" the abduction on TLM.

Has it been testified that any of these women actually called LE to report MTR?

I would be curious why they did not, if they did not. Maybe we will never know.

If someone told me that the police were trying to "pin" a child abduction on someone they knew, the alarm bells would be ringing wildly!

JMO

Well police did get alot of tips :)

Younger than Tori. Scary.

Especially scary, since we have heard that MTR was mad that Tori was too old.

Had MTR done bad things before?

One wonders, especially if they seen those pictures from one of his social media accounts, that has him holding the little girl at the wedding, and her body language and facial expressions are such, that you KNOW she does NOT want to be with him AT ALL.

JMO

Would be difficult as disturbed as MTR is being portrayed by crown to believe nothing was found on his computer. JMO

Steven D'Souza &#8207; @cbcsteve
During much of today's testimony, #Rafferty has been taking copious notes. He did so earlier in the trial as well. #sl

Steven D'Souza &#8207; @cbcsteve
OPP Det.-Cst. Leslie Waldron is back on stand as court resumes after lunch. Giving a tutorial on MSN Messenger now #sl

bbm

I bet Rafferty is enjoying being connected to his social life again, the good 'ol days, while at the trial.

Interesting the parts of the trial he shows interest at.

JMO

Especially scary, since we have heard that MTR was mad that Tori was too old.

Had MTR done bad things before?

One wonders, especially if they seen those pictures from one of his social media accounts, that has him holding the little girl at the wedding, and her body language and facial expressions are such, that you KNOW she does NOT want to be with him AT ALL.

JMO

yes, i thought too when i saw that picture that she looked "distraught". Not knowing at that time where this case would go. JMO

not sure but don't think you can take rentals over the border; if that is relevent. MOO

good evening all. You are able to take it over the border, we do it all the time to save the wear and tear on the car and also it was safer knpwing if you broke down u didnt have to worry about being in another country in your broken down car

More info we didn't have from the tweets. He purposely wanted to delete ALL CONTACTS. To me, that is suspicious, suspicious, suspicious.

Oh my!

Salem

Like a lot of the Crown presentation........I really don't think it will matter either way.....because I think the defense will concede MR cleaned up the murder scene and tried to appear uninvolved with the crime thereafter.

If MR deleted the data because he was hiding evidence or sending his phone away and didn't know if he would get it back.........is neither here nor there, if the defense admits his participation in the cleanup etc.

All those women he met after the crime, trips shopping, planned trips to the US, phone calls, clothing,.......may be reprehensible conduct, but are all meaningless if he admits to participating in the cleanup etc.

The Crown spent a lot of time trying to prove things they probably won't have to prove.........and already know this..........but they still have to proceed in full anyways, because they can't be sure what the defense will do, until they do it.

Personally, I don't think we have heard the last of a target abduction.

There was lots of information available from news media reports from that time, and I would think Mr.Derstine will make full use of the information contained in them.

Derstine has no restraints placed on him from website TOS, publication bans, or hurt feelings. He can use any resources he needs to defend his client.

I would not be surprised that when the defense takes over................

The gloves come off.............

JMO...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members