Benjaman Kyle - Those who still need investigation - WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol - I saw this the other day, but didn't have time to compare the picture w/BK's. I do see some similarities, but Frank's eyes appear to be much darker than BK's? Could just be the lighting of the picture? Also Frank's bottom lip seems fuller and Frank's ears seem to be closer to his head. I don't know how much of this changes as we age and lose weight?

The shape of the nose is similar to BK's, the eyebrows appear to be long and wide like BK's and the shape of the eyes is similar.

Do we know if Frank has DNA in the database? It could be worth a check?

Salem

Salem,
I finally got a chance to do a search on this fellow, he is not BK
he has brown eyes, 5'8", when I posted it, all I could find at the time was the article. finally found him under FRANCIS CANTEA, Frank is nickname.

Way to go Salem! You really got a ball rolling rather fast with that email! :clap:

I'm quoting myself to add more to this message. I sent links of pictures and the thread to the detective. I'm sure the detective knows Mark's family. Anyway, I asked him to check out the pictures and let me know what he thought.

Well..... I received an email back today and the dectective said he was going to make sure the FBI compared Mark's DNA to BK's!!!!:clap:

I know this is a really long shot. But there is something about BK's smile and his left ear that just keeps nagging at me and I can't seem to let this one go. I'm excited. The detective did not indicate he saw any resemblance to the family or anything. All he said was thanks for the links and he would be sure the FBI ran the DNA.

Like me, I think he thought it was interesting that will all the fingerprint checking and the publicity that BK has received, no one is claiming him.... Doesn't make sense, so I guess he thinks its worth one of these really long shots also :)

Salem

Who does the submitting for Benjamin? Do we do our own work, or does someone on the board do it for us?

Carolwood, do you mean as far as contacting LE officials or perhaps FBI Bill (that's been mentioned - I recall that believe09 has been the one to be in touch with him for the most part)?

If you mean a situation of making contact with LE on one of the possibles you've located recently to see if they have already or can initiate the process of comparing - my understanding is that anyone can. It may be helpful to just do a quick ask to see if anyone has already for that particular person so you don't double the work but my take is that the more who do this and post their progress, the better!

As with Salem's recent work sometimes (perhaps most times) it is warmly recieved that someone is "out there" trying and it progresses both cases in a way.

I, personally, have not done this myself to date, so perhaps there is a "check list" of sorts that is posted or can be that can guide us all in this particular task. I'm sure none of us want to come off as less than serious should we take this on. :)

Way to go Salem! You really got a ball rolling rather fast with that email! :clap:

I know snowme - I'm rather surprised. I figured they would say that there was no way it could be Mark because... who knows what and I was really surprised when the detective said he was going to double check with the FBI to make sure the DNA was checked. Even now it gives me butterflies in my tummy :)

So next question is - how long does it take? I haven't heard anything back and I don't want to bug the detective so I'm thinking I will give him until after the holidays and then maybe check in with him again?

Salem

There are tips posted for submitting a possible match. If they are not in this forum for BK they are definitely in the Lighting the Way Home forum.

And as Snowme said - it is good to let us know you are going to submit someone so we can let you know if we already have or if there is any other issue/concern.

I actually looked at Mark a very long time ago and talked about submitting him but I really procrastinated because I just feel like it is such a long shot as I explained in my posts above. But that's why, when I finally decided to do it, I just did, without posting first. :)

Hope that makes sense....

Salem

I know snowme - I'm rather surprised. I figured they would say that there was no way it could be Mark because... who knows what and I was really surprised when the detective said he was going to double check with the FBI to make sure the DNA was checked. Even now it gives me butterflies in my tummy :)

So next question is - how long does it take? I haven't heard anything back and I don't want to bug the detective so I'm thinking I will give him until after the holidays and then maybe check in with him again?

Salem

I'm so proud of you! Seriously, I really am! :blowkiss:

Not sure on how long but I'd be generous (antsy waiting, I know!!) but I do think it'd be good to get back in touch after the holidays simply because it's a busy time of year and getting back on track afterward is sometimes clumsey and slow, for lack of a better phrase.

There are tips posted for submitting a possible match. If they are not in this forum for BK they are definitely in the Lighting the Way Home forum.
And as Snowme said - it is good to let us know you are going to submit someone so we can let you know if we already have or if there is any other issue/concern.

I actually looked at Mark a very long time ago and talked about submitting him but I really procrastinated because I just feel like it is such a long shot as I explained in my posts above. But that's why, when I finally decided to do it, I just did, without posting first. :)

Hope that makes sense....

Salem

Very good to know! Thanks for that.

I'm fairly new so I had no clue, I am still trying to read this forum board, whew, feels like I'll never finish. I will read the Lighting the way forum. Also, on page 8 of the forum I posted on a Andy Sims, Salem suggested calling this one in. Has this been done? You know us newbies...

I'm fairly new so I had no clue, I am still trying to read this forum board, whew, feels like I'll never finish. I will read the Lighting the way forum. Also, on page 8 of the forum I posted on a Andy Sims, Salem suggested calling this one in. Has this been done? You know us newbies...

There does seem to be very fresh interest in the Sims case going on. Since you posted it so recently and I don't recall anyone saying they'd contacted anyone regarding it. Maybe this is your baby, so to speak! :)

I looked real quick and don't find Andy listed on either the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's site or on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse site. Maybe that needs to be done. The article you linked for us here lists the lead investigator as Witchita Falls Police Detective Tony Fox, he'd be the one to get in touch with, I'd say. Here's a link to the Witchita Falls PD page: http://www.cwftx.net/index.asp?nid=17 There's a main number there.

There does seem to be very fresh interest in the Sims case going on. Since you posted it so recently and I don't recall anyone saying they'd contacted anyone regarding it. Maybe this is your baby, so to speak! :)

I looked real quick and don't find Andy listed on either the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's site or on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse site. Maybe that needs to be done. The article you linked for us here lists the lead investigator as Witchita Falls Police Detective Tony Fox, he'd be the one to get in touch with, I'd say. Here's a link to the Witchita Falls PD page: http://www.cwftx.net/index.asp?nid=17 There's a main number there.
--------------------------------------------------------
I would agree. Go with it. When I first looked at Andy Sims picture, I thought he had a look of BK.
At the very least, have the dental checked or dna.
Have the local police get in touch with FBI Bill K.
What do you think?

--------------------------------------------------------
I would agree. Go with it. When I first looked at Andy Sims picture, I thought he had a look of BK.
At the very least, have the dental checked or dna.
Have the local police get in touch with FBI Bill K.
What do you think?

Each time I've looked at Andy Sim's picture I'm "drawn in"... good-looking boy. I don't think he's Benjaman due to the differences in the ears and nose, and Andy's eyes appear to be very dark, likely brown.... but there is *something* in his face or eyes... just *something* that came across the same way one or two of Benjaman's photos does. Maybe it's that mischievous, silly photo of BK that I'm thinking of, lol!

ETA: Carolwood... if you do contact Detective Fox, please do ask him if Andy's info has been submitted to NCMEC and the TX MPC. Considering the age of the case and the fact that it seems like that department has never forgotten Andy I'm a little shocked that he doesn't appear on either database.

Mr. Tony Fox is on vacation, I will submit all info on BK this evening via email, and it will be on top of his desk for when he returns. Dorine was not sure when he was returning from vacation, I will stay on top.

Good job Carol! This is the only way we are going to figure out who BK is and help him get himself back. It has been way too long for no one to be missing him.

Salem

PS - did you find the tips?

Hello Websleuthers, long time lurker and first time poster here. I am from within 30 miles within where BK was found. I'm not sure who's working this but I saw the story here first a few months ago.

This area can be very rural and I checked on a local story which was running for this area and came back here to compare pics. So I'm putting this out here for second opinions and to drive everyone else nutso comparing pics.

Would these two be related?

New local story for second opinions

Peliman - WELCOME!

I do see some similarities, but I think if others weigh and think it could be a relation to BK, we should proceed with caution on this one. Given that he is so close to the place BK was found and there was no missing person's report matching BK in the area, my hinky meter would be screaming "red alert"!

Believe - what do you think - think it could be a brother or cousin? Maybe there was a family feud?

Salem

Hello Websleuthers, long time lurker and first time poster here. I am from within 30 miles within where BK was found. I'm not sure who's working this but I saw the story here first a few months ago.

This area can be very rural and I checked on a local story which was running for this area and came back here to compare pics. So I'm putting this out here for second opinions and to drive everyone else nutso comparing pics.

Would these two be related?

New local story for second opinions
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peliman. It is great to have someone on board who lives so near Richmond Hill, Ga. I am sure we will have lots of questions for you.

As for James Dean Smith, there is a faint look of BK, but his ears are much lower set than BK.
Obviously, could be a relative.
Why is James D Smith missing? Has he been sick? Is his car missing as well? Whose house was he at?
Do we need to call the police there to see if he has brothers, cousins, etc who are missing or who have not been seen in a long while?
Where is Effingham in relation to Richmond Hill and Savannah, GA?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peliman. It is great to have someone on board who lives so near Richmond Hill, Ga. I am sure we will have lots of questions for you.

As for James Dean Smith, there is a faint look of BK, but his ears are much lower set than BK.
Obviously, could be a relative.
Why is James D Smith missing? Has he been sick? Is his car missing as well? Whose house was he at?
Do we need to call the police there to see if he has brothers, cousins, etc who are missing or who have not been seen in a long while?
Where is Effingham in relation to Richmond Hill and Savannah, GA?

Hello Dreamweaver, I'll be around to answer what I can. Let me attempt to answer your questions.

I also got stopped at the ears and not knowing BK's histories I can tell you some families run deep here. I'm located next to Richmond Hill county and west of Savannah (Chatham county.) The address listed for the missing person is west of and runs directly to I-95 and a couple exits north of Richmond Hill.

I only saw the story break locally yesterday and know nothing more. Yes someone would have to coordinate with Effingham sheriffs detectives to check on relatives. Around here if you say you are from the Smith family, we want to know if your from the round faced Smiths of Square faced Smiths.

I did put it up here for those who wish to follow up and second opinions. I'm just putting a dot out here if it fits the puzzle. Thanks for all you do out here.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member