South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. He read my mind. Now, I don't feel so crazy, thanks, waddup...

Hanging is actually a very common method of suicide among women, from the published information I could gather on the internet. It's one of the three most popular ones-firearms, poison, and then hanging.

Hanging is actually a very common method of suicide among women, from the published information I could gather on the internet.
Well, I'd like to see your link, jjenny. Here's mine...stats from the CDC:
The following statistics were taken from a recent survey of college and high school students by the CDC:
"About 60 percent of teen suicides are committed by a hand gun. Teen girls attempt suicide far more often than guys (about nine times more), but guys are about four times more likely to succeed. Why is this different?

Male teens tend to use more deadly methods, like guns or hanging themselves. Girls most often attempt suicide by overdosing with medication or through some form of self-injury. Suicide deaths can occur from pills, medications and other harmful substances, especially if these substances are mixed."
http://www.livestrong.com/article/13945-suicide/

Okay. Whoever that account belongs to just signed in 35 mins ago and the repulsive text re; Phoebe is still there...it should be taken down, I'm reporting it to youtube.

I've also reported several times

People who are determined to kill themselves will use what they have available to them to do so.

People who are determined to kill themselves will use what they have available to them to do so.
True. But in an empty apartment...was the only choice Phoebe had...hanging in her christmas scarf?

Sure, waddup, peeps are legally allowed to screen cap anything and send to authorities. But we aren't allowed to use Websleuths to organize it, I think. I got a big slap 2 years ago for that. :loser: lol...I wait for the mod god on that one...

I've heard and read about Alexis. I was disappointed and didn't pay much further attention once I heard her Father said bullying wasn't responsible. Maybe he doesn't know...or there's more to the story? Does Alexis have a thread, anywhere, mods?

If anyone sees something they think should be sent to authorities, please do so. WSers have made tons of excellent finds in the many cases here and have forwarded them. Just don't mention WS when you alert them.

I searched, but didn't see a thread for Alexis. Jeez - another sad case:( Can someone start a thread for her in the bullying forum?

Also, wanted to let you know that, while I am following this case closely, I don't always read every post. If you have a mod. question, please PM myself or Tricia. If you don't yet have PM abilities, you can leave a visitor message on either of our profiles.

True. But in an empty apartment...was the only choice Phoebe had...hanging in her christmas scarf?

Yes. But, I can promise you she didn't consider it a Christmas scarf. It was something that was long enough to be knotted. You are thinking rationally and with a gift emotion. Phoebe wasn't rational. She was in total distress and deep pain. It was an "item" that she grabbed and used.

imvho

You guys are having a great conversation. Disagreeing with a poster's opinion is totally fine, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just address whatever you disagree with in the post. DO NOT attack the individual poster. Thanks!

Yes. But, I can promise you she didn't consider it a Christmas scarf. It was something that was long enough to be knotted. You are thinking rationally and with a gift emotion. Phoebe wasn't rational. She was in total distress and deep pain. It was an "item" that she grabbed and used.
imvho
You may be right, my friend. It's heartbreaking. I want to know if it's the same scarf as she wore to school that day...or if she looked for it...

You may be right, my friend. It's heartbreaking. I want to know if it's the same scarf as she wore to school that day...or if she looked for it...

In my "not in the know" :) opinion, odds were it was the scarf she had worn that day, but again, I could be very wrong. She wasn't home long before she hanged herself. I believe the time frame, between the texts sent/received (and those not read sent to her) and her body found, it was not long at all.

I don't believe she looked for this particular scarf, but it was one that she already had very nearby. As in, one she may have worn that day.

imvho

In my "not in the know" :) opinion, odds were it was the scarf she had worn that day, but again, I could be very wrong. She wasn't home long before she hanged herself. I believe the time frame, between the texts sent/received (and those not read sent to her) and her body found, it was not long at all.

I don't believe she looked for this particular scarf, but it was one that she already had very nearby. As in, one she may have worn that day.

imvho
I hope it was not a scarf, the scarf, she wore that day...somehow if she looked for it, hunted around the apartment, I'd feel more secure it was suicide.

I hope it was not a scarf, the scarf, she wore that day...somehow if she looked for it, hunted around the apartment, I'd feel more secure it was suicide.

I completely understand you're hesitation to believe it was a suicide by her own hands. I do have to share I don't think it was anymore sinister than what we know and the ME/DA have shared. If there was any question, at all, I have absolutely no doubt that a murder charge would have been filed after the results of autopsy, forensics, and followed up investigation was completed. This county DA never even blinked in regards of charging bullying, etc. If there was *any* question at all that others had committed a murder, it would be there.

imvho

Yes, that's why those photos were uploaded, imo.

The rear of the house- Now, look at the top floor, on the rear. It appears to have a screen-like porch along the back, that is seperate from the main house. And the bottom floor of the rear seems to have windows along the back, would there be a stairway in there? I really wish some local would pipe up about this.

AND...I want to know if she made it into the apartment. From reports I've read, nothing indicates she did. Now, imagine having a day from H.E. double L and not even going into your home, after that? Just hanging yourself in the stairs? No note? Knowing your younger Sister was the next due home? And to be found hung in a christmas scarf from her Sister, why would she use that? Phoebe was a writer, as we've seen from her blog, I really think if she was going to kill herself she might have had something to say.

I did read somewhere that she had left her phone on and had plugged it in (prehaps to show the texts she had been getting). If that is so then she probably did make inside the house.

I completely understand you're hesitation to believe it was a suicide by her own hands. I do have to share I don't think it was anymore sinister than what we know and the ME/DA have shared. If there was any question, at all, I have absolutely no doubt that a murder charge would have been filed after the results of autopsy, forensics, and followed up investigation was completed. This county DA never even blinked in regards of charging bullying, etc. If there was *any* question at all that others had committed a murder, it would be there.

imvho
Again...:) you are likely correct. But I'm still doubtful. I just need evidence...
and I'll believe...

I did read somewhere that she had left her phone on and had plugged it in (prehaps to show the texts she had been getting). If that is so then she probably did make inside the house.
She had her phone charging? Why charge your phone if you're going to kill yourself? The texts would be available if the battery ran low, no? I'd like to know more about that. The trial can't come fast enough, for me.

Again...:) you are likely correct. But I'm still doubtful. I just need evidence...
and I'll believe...

Never say never, but I think the possibility is high for suicide. That said, I get what you are thinking/saying. That's *all* good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer