Trial - Leonard P. Gonzalez, Jr. UPDATE -- Found Guilty

Next witness is Terri Poff, Pat's adoptive mother. She is testifying about the van she bought.

Just noticed your post Chili. Terri Poff is LPG, Jr.'s biological mother. News hosts may have identified her otherwise....they also referred to her in at least two instances as Terri GOFF.

They went to Alabama after the murders? That's the first I heard that.

So they did go back to Alabama after the murders on the 9th to pick up the red minivan, then met up again at the Gulf Breeze Walmart and to the antique mall owned by Pam Long where they met her.

So they did go back to Alabama after the murders on the 9th to pick up the red minivan, then met up again at the Gulf Breeze Walmart and to the antique mall owned by Pam Long where they met her.

I had to step away for a bit. They went to AL to pick up PLW's red minivan? Why would they have stashed it there?

IIRC P.L. was parked at the church the night of July 9th, and the guys that came from the woods had been riding in her van, and after the murders they all went to her antique shop and transfered the guns and the safe into her van..Does anyone else remember it this way? I have never understood why she has not been charged with a higher crime.

Why do the defense attorneys keep laughing? Do they think this is a joke?

I really think that when Jr. is found guilty that there will be an appeal based on incompetent counsel. If there was a good cross of any of the witnesses today, I must have missed it.

IIRC P.L. was parked at the church the night of July 9th, and the guys that came from the woods had been riding in her van, and after the murders they all went to her antique shop and transfered the guns and the safe into her van..Does anyone else remember it this way? I have never understood why she has not been charged with a higher crime.

Yes, that's how I remember it and hearing about them going to AL that night is new to me. I also don't know why she's not facing a higher crime, though I think she's facing the same potential sentence??

That's not what Thornton testified to. Sumner was at the church with the tan Explorer. They saw PL when they eventually got to the antique mall.

I had to step away for a bit. They went to AL to pick up PLW's red minivan? Why would they have stashed it there?
Don't know. Maybe I missed something and it had to do with the military guy from Alabama. Anyway, Thornton is just telling what happened, he wasn't the planner.

I really think that when Jr. is found guilty that there will be an appeal based on incompetent counsel. If there was a good cross of any of the witnesses today, I must have missed it.

I really don't see what they could do. They have video of Jr with his gun to Byrd's head and he's identified by Thornton. Thornton's testimony so far matches the video. We'll see how the defense's cross goes but it seems like a slam dunk case to me. Not much to work with from their side.

I really don't see what they could do. They have video of Jr with his gun to Byrd's head and he's identified by Thornton. Thornton's testimony so far matches the video. We'll see how the defense's cross goes but it seems like a slam dunk case to me. Not much to work with from their side.

I agree. But, I still think they're gonna go for this excuse in appeal.

Good question! There's still just a whole lot of things that do not make sense. Plus, I don't trust PNJ reports any longer as their stated facts of the case keeping changing! IMO

Here you all are! I was stuck in the media section.

Thornton's testimony was very credible to me. It will be hard to defend the evidence so far especially since Jr. talked about this beforehand trying to recruit so many people.

I think the defense will try and establish that LPG Jr's DNA is on the guns because his family helped move Pamela Long Wiggins stuff, and Jr. handled the guns then.

And then the OJ tactic that Escambia Crime Scene techs may not have processed everything perfectly or rushed to judgement so they didn't do certain things (make plaster casts of the tire tracks, etc) that could have found the 'real killer'. Seems quite a stretch.

Also, looks like LPG Sr. will be thrown under the bus as Jr's defense will try and make it look like Jr. dropped the car off at his dad's and really didn't know how it was being used (even though Sr's ex/girlfriend and Jr's aunt/neighbor place him with the others and with the van.)

I felt sorry for Jr's mom, Pat Poff. She and wife, Tabatha, seemed credible and neutral (ie. not hostile witnesses.)

I think I've seen most of the video from PNJ though there were gaps where it froze up. I wish it was archived and not just a stream replay!!! Then I could rewind on the parts I fell asleep on. ;)

I wonder if the others on trial (Jr's dad, Coldiron, Sumner and Stallworth, the Wigginses) will testify??

Here you all are! I was stuck in the media section.

Thornton's testimony was very credible to me. It will be hard to defend the evidence so far especially since Jr. talked about this beforehand trying to recruit so many people.

I think the defense will try and establish that LPG Jr's DNA is on the guns because his family helped move Pamela Long Wiggins stuff, and Jr. handled the guns then.

And then the OJ tactic that Escambia Crime Scene techs may not have processed everything perfectly or rushed to judgement so they didn't do certain things (make plaster casts of the tire tracks, etc) that could have found the 'real killer'. Seems quite a stretch.

Also, looks like LPG Sr. will be thrown under the bus as Jr's defense will try and make it look like Jr. dropped the car off at his dad's and really didn't know how it was being used (even though Sr's ex/girlfriend and Jr's aunt/neighbor place him with the others and with the van.)

I felt sorry for Jr's mom, Pat Poff. She and wife, Tabatha, seemed credible and neutral (ie. not hostile witnesses.)

I think I've seen most of the video from PNJ though there were gaps where it froze up. I wish it was archived and not just a stream replay!!! Then I could rewind on the parts I fell asleep on. ;)

I wonder if the others on trial (Jr's dad, Coldiron, Sumner and Stallworth, the Wigginses) will testify??

Megamami, glad you pointed out the DNA item...had not considered that. I wonder what was up with the defense attorneys making a point to ask Tabatha whether Patrick was left or right-handed.

I felt sorry for family on both sides of the fence as well, but most of all for the young children of both victims and defendant. They are the most innocent, and unfortunately and unfairly suffer the most.

Please, Please, Please...if anyone ever demands money from you or family, GIVE it to them! They may kill you anyway, but personally I would rather give it to them and hope they do no harm. Give them your jewelry, your car keys, the clothes off your back! Absolutely nothing material is worth loss of life!!

Jr. was glaring at the jury when they were brought in. At least that what it looked like.

Defense is cross-examining Thorton and basically all he is doing is showing how guilty he (Thorton) is, how bad he is, etc. cuz he did the crime, lied to his mom and lied to LE. And Thorton just keeps saying Yes, sir. Prosecution objected on something (which I couldn't hear) on this, but they were overruled.

Thorton is off the stand. Next up is the owner of a convenience store in AL.

Next on is the Walmart security person talking about the security videos.

I have to head out for a few hours. BBL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back