2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

I don't see anyone stepping up pro bono either, but nothing surprises me in this case any more. I do respect that BC is telling the truth about MN and called it out on national television that JB's accusations are not true. Wonder what Judge Perry will have to say about this?

Is Mark Geragos able to practise law in Florida?

Hmmmm.....now it is starting to sound very reminiscent of Baez/Mason very carefully planned maneuver to get rid of Strickland...

Didn't Strickland use the same wording...."no choice".....

Wonder if this is all about a defense move to regain tighter control of the Anthonys by Baez?

I don't think Baez has full control of ga....it is more ca than him...ga hinted last week that he quesitoned jb---I think the only one who really is drooling over him are ca and ICA.....

I don't and never will understand WHY the Anthony's attorney had a right to even veiw those documents. He is not defending ICA...did this cross a line?

Even as MN states in the above letter, he did this out of courtesty and respect for YOU (meaning CA), did she have that right??? Oh boy is this a tangled web of deceit...not on the attorneys other than, ahem, cough, cough, Baez...JMHO

So, I now wonder if, due to this letter CA wrote to MN, if she shot her self down...if she was the catalyst for BC resigning..to me, it seems like CA is playing both ends to the middle. BC got caught up in that middle..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Yep, I think maybe he did cross the line, am thinking MN possibly did too, but then they are MN's clients records, and TES is probably free to show whoever they like so may not be an issue there..but BC's denial of it makes me wonder...close to the line to be sure. I just can't see MN lying about this, and it's not something that you would just 'think you did' sounds like a detailed explanation of something that happened to me.

Thinking the same thing about Cindy, that she stuck her nose in where it didn't belong, passed on everything to Baez and caused a big stink, and lost her lawyer in the mix. So typical Cindy....she really needs to learn to take a step back, she is just causing damage with every single act, its unbelievable.

While I don't claim to be psychic - I sort of predicted this ( my comment was along the lines of I wonder if BC has seen the light and is getting ready to jump ship) just the other day in the TES thread. So I am not the least bit surprised to hear this news.

Thanks for posting this as I saw only the last minute and a half.
So seeing it all makes it a lot clearer.

If they all would have stayed off the air from the beginning this trial would more than likely be over by now. And all of this "in house fighting" as they call it, would never have occured.
This is becoming the never ending train wreck or nightmare.
Take your pick.

Hopefully there will be no way to get this prisoner off on a technicality.
But it seems that's what they're aiming for.

I just wonder if it's possible for Casey to sue her mother...it just seems to me that Cindy is the one doing more damage to Casey's case than anyone else. Now wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake...Casey suing her mom...:floorlaugh:

About time. I'm surprised he's lasted s long as he has! Cindy is so TOXIC, she destroys anyone & anything in her wake. I wish I could see a list of endictments against her. Perhaps we should help them out a wee bit!

Here's the part of Conway's resignation letter that stood out to me: "...and most importantly, I will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24643585/detail.html

Conway's clients aren't interested in the truth. They are interested in distorting the truth, and I think Conway has had about all of that he can stand.

WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing showed Baez Conway's resignation letter Monday. While Baez was on his way into a meeting, he said he plans to make a comment when the meeting is over.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24643120/detail.html

I can't wait to hear what Mr Baez has to say. Something pithy, no doubt.

Probably will be 2 state-appointed CRIMINAL attorneys, one for GA and one for CA, after they get themselves also declared indigent. I really don't see anyone else stepping in pro bono at this point even just for the fame and publicity unless it is really a low-life sleazeball.

Unless I missed something, they are not (yet) charged with any crimes so they do not really need a state appointed lawyer do they?

I don't and never will understand WHY the Anthony's attorney had a right to even veiw those documents. He is not defending ICA...did this cross a line?

Even as MN states in the above letter, he did this out of courtesty and respect for YOU (meaning CA), did she have that right??? Oh boy is this a tangled web of deceit...not on the attorneys other than, ahem, cough, cough, Baez...JMHO

So, I now wonder if, due to this letter CA wrote to MN, if she shot her self down...if she was the catalyst for BC resigning..to me, it seems like CA is playing both ends to the middle. BC got caught up in that middle..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

This is just a guess but BC may have been able to view the records because CA was initially the person who contacted TES. They are involved in the civil trial with their daughter since she was living in their home at the time. From what I remember MN let him view the 32 files only, along with LDB. BC stated this publicly. JB is now saying in his motion that BC was permitted to view all 4,000 which is not true. BC was permitted to look, not take notes but tab files he thought would be of interest. If JB stated in his motion that BC was able to look at all 4,000 he is essentially saying that BC lied about what he had seen. My memory is sketchy but I think MN said BC only viewed the 32, not all 4,000.

Now, furthermore, the A's are now saying publicly they want all 4,000 records to be turned over to defense which goes against what your attorney said and makes him look as if he was not doing his job. It shows lack of confidence in the skills of your attorney. He's telling you there was nothing there and you are saying you do not trust his judgement. For BC it's the perfect out without making him look bad, IMO. jmo

Could someone please explain to me what Baez thinks will help him in these 4,000 some files?? Really, I am missing this whole point. One can not prove a negative, and if he thinks there will be a form that someone filled out saying that they searched the exact spot where the remains were found, he won't fine it. Obviously, if searchers were in that spot, she would have been found much earlier, and we all know that area was under water at the time of the search . .

Thanks in advance, because I am really not getting this . .

Sending BC a Teleflora "Congratulations on the Return of your Sanity" basket...

I don't understand why BC has to resign as an attorney to the Anthony's just because of Baez's recent filings. Also, why fly to New York when he could get on air with the local reporters?

Silly you. They have better restaraunts in New York. :dance:

I'm not buying what BC is using as an excuse for quitting. If that IS the reason, it seems very flimsy and then Baez has found quite the handy tool to get rid of attorneys. He accused MN of granting BC unfettered access, but I don't see MN stepping down. My hinky meter is pinging loudly...

I don't buy it either. I think it's real simple, he KNOWS Cindy will LIE under oath no matter how many times he tells her not to. He is smart to run. I don't think there is anything that could make Cindy tell the truth.

Could someone please explain to me what Baez thinks will help him in these 4,000 some files?? Really, I am missing this whole point. One can not prove a negative, and if he thinks there will be a form that someone filled out saying that they searched the exact spot where the remains were found, he won't fine it. Obviously, if searchers were in that spot, she would have been found much earlier, and we all know that area was under water at the time of the search . .

Thanks in advance, because I am really not getting this . .

Agree it doesn't make much sense, so what if they looked in the area (which we know they couldn't because it was underwater) if they didn't find her, they didn't find her, doesn't mean she wasn't there....and certainly doesn't mean someone moved her there once Casey was 'inside', and even if it did there's still the decomp evidence in the car which Casey had possession of, so Casey had her body at the early stages at least, so what are they going to say...that she had an accomplice after the fact, what, in the murder of a precious baby girl, or the disposal of her body? Hardly makes Casey look innocent or guilty of a lesser crime to me either.

Personally, I still think he wants to find a TES volunteer with a 'background', but then that's pretty flimsy too considering the car evidence.

I think it's an excuse. I think this was the last straw and he has had it with CA's kookiness, the psychics, etc.

ETA: I tried to read the latest emails side by side with the first round of DC emails to see if he was passing this info off to CA as actual investigation results rather than tips to psychics. I did find one email in the latest round where Luke said something like "we will continue to work with the Anthonys". So perhaps BC realized even more what a sham their whole "search for the truth" has been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back