SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>
And yes, while it's very difficult to remove it all because there can be evidence that can't be seen with the naked eye, someone who is determined enough, has enough time, or took some precautions might be able to clean a scene enough.
<snip>

Snipped by me

Well we don't have to worry about this. We've all heard just how much time this couple takes to clean. ;)

BBM...I just read a blog post from a site that probably can't be discussed or linked to that said she did just this in November before their trip. It was posted today, link shared on one of the FB pages.

Where do they get that kind of information?!

Holy crow! I think that I read the same blog that you did. CRAZY! My heart breaks for HE, she never had a chance.

Physical evidence can absolutely be removed so that forensics either doesn't find it or, if they find something, are unable to DNA match it. Blood, for instance, can be cleaned up, bleach can be used to ruin DNA. Luminol testing can spot areas but other substances (besides blood) can cause the blue to luminesce. It's one of the bains of LE that criminals learn about forensics by watching various crime shows where these kinds of scientific facts get woven into the fictional stories.

And yes, while it's very difficult to remove it all because there can be evidence that can't be seen with the naked eye, someone who is determined enough, has enough time, or took some precautions might be able to clean a scene enough.

One example of this: Murderess Melanie Macguire. Killed her husband, chopped his body into pieces in the bathroom, put him in suitcases and dumped his body. Her bathroom was so pristine and spotless there were no forensics to be found. She got nailed because the suitcases she used... belonged to her and hubby. D'oh!

BBM

Judging by the, ahem, cleanliness of the Moorer home, I say we're pretty safe that didn't happen :wink:

At this point, I could see TM telling SM either Heather had to die, or the kids...she really seems psycho enough...JMO

I, for one, am not having a terrible issue with the timeline. Jodi Arias stabbed Travis Alexander 29 times, dragged him through the hallway, cut his throat ear-to-ear, shot him, and drug his body back into the shower during this series of events in about 2 minutes. I don't recall the EXACT amount of time, but I recall it being extremely quick.

Jodi was extremely little compared to Travis.

TM is HUGE compared to Heather and with the amount of pent up rage and obsession she had for her, I have no doubts she probably could have landed one punch to her precious little face and killed her instantly. If she had been punched in the nose, there may have been some blood at the scene we are not privy to yet. With it being a boat landing, one of the Ms could have grabbed some of the lake water and tried to wash over the spot before leaving.

Pretty crazy theory, but it is just something I am thinking could be plausible.
:goodpost:

The timeline really sealed it for me. I never thought the M's hung around PTL for long. Those houses are really close and there is no other way out if someone drives up. The M's may not have even got out of the vehicle. Cold, premeditated murder. And TM did not hire anyone - she wanted to do it herself.

LE may not know exactly how Heather died, but I suspect they have a strong theory.

Physical evidence can absolutely be removed so that forensics either doesn't find it or, if they find something, are unable to DNA match it. Blood, for instance, can be cleaned up, bleach can be used to ruin DNA. Luminol testing can spot areas but other substances (besides blood) can cause the blue to luminesce. It's one of the bains of LE that criminals learn about forensics by watching various crime shows where these kinds of scientific facts get woven into the fictional stories.

One example of this: Murderess Melanie Macguire. Killed her husband, chopped his body into pieces in the bathroom, put him in suitcases and dumped his body. Her bathroom was so pristine and spotless there were no forensics to be found. She got nailed because the suitcases she used... belonged to her and hubby. D'oh!

My remarks were actually about the evidence being contaminated because of the two-month gap from the offense to the search warrant being executed. My point was, just because blood is two months old, doesn't render it useless as evidence.

But having said that, yes blood can be removed or partially removed. However, blood is extremely difficult if not impossible to completely clean out of carpet and cloth. There have been several cases where the perp attempted to clean up blood by using bleach. They get part of it wiped away but blood soaks in and becomes entrenched in certain fabrics. It doesn't dry up and go away either. There was a case in Northern VA back inthe 80s where a woman went missing for 1 1/2 years before the perp was apprehended. He had put the victim in the trunk of his car and drove her 10 miles away before burying her. He later cleaned his trunk with Clorox and about 6 months later sold the car to a junk yard. The investigators were able to locate the car and get blood samples from the trunk area 18 months after the offense and use them in the trial. This isn't hearsay or speculation, I have personal knowledge of this case and actually saw the evidence.

Ok, so here is the pic that was posted to Sidney's FB page on Dec. 23. Anyone else think it's a clue?? I have always thought that she was not in SC. The 5000.00 could have given them a chance to go pretty far. IDK...just thinking out loud :waitasec:

I don't know what it is about this picture, but every time I look at it I feel that something about it just doesn't look right.

My theory on LE saying that phone data ended at 3:41 and HE's father saying he saw activity up until 6:00 am is that since no phone was not found at PTL, it went with HE in the truck. Most likely turned off to prohibit GPS pinging. But do you really think that when they were done cleaning up whatever they had done, TM could have that phone in her possession and not turn it on to see what photo's, texts, etc were on it?

Heather weighed under a 100 lbs and TM is 235 lbs, I think I read that on the arrest warrant. Then factor in the amount of rage that TM had against Heather, I don't think it would take too much effort.

Sorry but that is wrong!
Heather weighs 118 pounds and I have repeatedly throughout the threads heard she weighs under 100 pounds.
Not being rude, keeping to the facts and 18 pounds is not a huge but a difference.

:waiting: how many more days until the prelim hearing?

I don't know what it is about this picture, but every time I look at it I feel that something about it just doesn't look right.

I completely agree...it is so eerie to me!
Does anyone remember where this was?
I haven't read back that far and have skipped some of the threads getting caught up in the last month. I just remember seeing it when the Moorer's facebook pages were active.

If she isn't at this place, I think it definitely means something. It was just a pic posted on S's page. Totally random with no text IIRC.

My theory on LE saying that phone data ended at 3:41 and HE's father saying he saw activity up until 6:00 am is that since no phone was not found at PTL, it went with HE in the truck. Most likely turned off to prohibit GPS pinging. But do you really think that when they were done cleaning up whatever they had done, TM could have that phone in her possession and not turn it on to see what photo's, texts, etc were on it?

As obsessed as TM was about Heather? Heck yeah, I can totally see her doing that if given the chance!

Sorry but that is wrong!
Heather weighs 118 pounds and I have repeatedly throughout the threads heard she weighs under 100 pounds.
Not being rude, keeping to the facts and 18 pounds is not a huge but a difference.

Just jumping off your post, J4H, I agree and not that it matters, because it really doesn't, but I got the impression, looking at that last photo Heather sent, the one where she is learning to drive a stick shift, that she had gained a bunch of weight. To me she looked about 20 to 25 lbs heavier (double-chin appearing, arms looked heavier). I am *not* bashing the victim in any way, I am simply sharing an opinion that to me she looked heavier than 118 lbs that evening, based solely on that picture.

She may not have been killed in that truck but the person who killed her could've arrived at PTL in that truck.

Does anyone know when the new (black) truck was purchased. The reason I ask is if it was purchased after they stopped seeing each other and if indeed they hadn't seen eachother if that was the truck that was used at PTL how would they explain anything left behind. A strand of hair etc. Has the black truck been returned?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Found it! Thank you google :) The pic is of Wupatki National Monument Indian Ruins near Flagstaff, AZ. I have no idea what this means, but why in the would would they post it a few days after???

Just jumping off your post, J4H, I agree and not that it matters, because it really doesn't, but I got the impression, looking at that last photo Heather sent, the one where she is learning to drive a stick shift, that she had gained a bunch of weight. To me she looked about 20 to 25 lbs heavier (double-chin appearing, arms looked heavier). I am *not* bashing the victim in any way, I am simply sharing an opinion that to me she looked heavier than 118 lbs that evening, based solely on that picture.

I wasn't trying to start a debate. But I assume TE had a good idea what his daughter weighed when he made the posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member