Peterson's defense to oppose motion to seal discovery

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6841963

One of White's first orders of business Monday was to schedule a court date for Wednesday. He is expected to hear several motions, including a state request to seal discovery. Brodsky said he would oppose any move to keep evidence under wraps.
"We think this case has been so much in the media, it's like closing the barn door after the cows are gone," he said. "And we think it's unfair to the defense. We wanted everything as transparent as possible

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6841963

One of White's first orders of business Monday was to schedule a court date for Wednesday. He is expected to hear several motions, including a state request to seal discovery. Brodsky said he would oppose any move to keep evidence under wraps.
"We think this case has been so much in the media, it's like closing the barn door after the cows are gone," he said. "And we think it's unfair to the defense. We wanted everything as transparent as possible
*sigh*

Is he STILL talking?

LOL! Yup! And is going to court today to fight for his right to keep talking and talking and talking. Just like a certain bunny. :)
Oh........ yippie...... I can't wait. Hmm...... wonder what the next embarassing thing Brodsky and his client will do?

Hopefully it won't be any more on the air jailbird 'humor' (using that term VERY loosly!)

Will somebody please shut him up?????????? LOL!!

Of course lets keep evidence under wraps....that way a jury can't see it and your client can walk! This guy is a piece of work.

Of course lets keep evidence under wraps....that way a jury can't see it and your client can walk! This guy is a piece of work.

Er...it is the pros that wants the evidence sealed. DP's lawyer is opposing the motion. :)

Eh? Ok I mis-read that obviously, thank you Paintr, my apologies. I wonder what the purpose would be into keeping their evidence under wraps. In the JBR case the defense really ruined everything by getting access to all sorts of stuff...maybe they pros want it under wraps for the same reason.

Eh? Ok I mis-read that obviously, thank you Paintr, my apologies. I wonder what the purpose would be into keeping their evidence under wraps. In the JBR case the defense really ruined everything by getting access to all sorts of stuff...maybe they pros want it under wraps for the same reason.
They want to prevent both sides from leaking the evidence to the public, not to prevent the defense from seeing it. That's to prevent from predjudicing the potential jury pool in order to insure a fair trial.

They want to prevent both sides from leaking the evidence to the public, not to prevent the defense from seeing it. That's to prevent from predjudicing the potential jury pool in order to insure a fair trial.
...and to prevent witnesses from getting harassed by the media.

http://www.wgntv.com/wgntv-petersonhearingtoday-june-03,0,892371.story

Prosecutors will ask Will County Judge Stephen White to seal all discovery filings. The defense is expected to object. Judge White got the Peterson case Monday. His lawyers sought a replacement after the previous judge refused to reduce Peterson's bail of $20 million.

I wonder if the defense will ask Judge White to rule on a bond reduction?

Sigh. Another money case, another "media made it impossible for a fair trial" case, just sigh. Just seal the evidence until trial. Sigh....

Paintr, your signature quote by Will Rogers covers it all.

Sigh. Another money case, another "media made it impossible for a fair trial" case, just sigh. Just seal the evidence until trial. Sigh....

Paintr, your signature quote by Will Rogers covers it all.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1605823,drew-peterson-jail-phone-calls-0603.article

clip: "Glasgow said he expects the defense to move for a change of venue because of the publicity."

I find it odd that Brodsky wants to be able to discuss this case openly in the media, but yet he wants to request a change of venue because the jury pool is tainted by the publicity.....huh. What a dip sh#$. jmo

Thank you Paintr for clarifying all that..makes perfect sense, I wish I had the logical mind to realize that in the first place. When it's all over, it will be interesting to see what evidence they have. Interesting how the handling of the Casey Anthony case and this case are totally different...different states and venues I knwo but still...interesting. We see so much in the CA case, little in this one. Very interesting to me.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1605823,drew-peterson-jail-phone-calls-0603.article

clip: "Glasgow said he expects the defense to move for a change of venue because of the publicity."

I find it odd that Brodsky wants to be able to discuss this case openly in the media, but yet he wants to request a change of venue because the jury pool is tainted by the publicity.....huh. What a dip sh#$. jmo

Just because JB asks for a change of venue doesn't mean he will get it. In the past many judges have looked at the history of the defense contacts with the media in determining change of venue. Hopefully this judge will too.
Just the fact that DrewP himself made two media interviews while sitting in jail will go a long way toward preventing the change of venue. Let alone JB's contacts. And let's not forget that during DrewP's interview with Mancow, there were indications that JB set the interview up. In that alone, I don't know why someone isn't making a complaint to the bar.

JB and DP, more than anyone else connected to this case have tainted the jury pool. Like the Anthony case...........where could they move the trial where no one has heard of this case and many of the details? Even people who haven't followed the case know who Drew Peterson is.

So, essentially the defense wants the dirty laundry aired so that then they can later squeal that the community saw the dirty laundry and is now tainted by seeing it? :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back