Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be jumping the gun but after seeing the extra large photo of the girl in the yellow bikini I have little hope that he didnt kill her.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00581.jpg

Click on that photo and it gets much larger.

10ekkxv.jpg

The right side of her face looks badly bruised and there seem to be some sort of marks around her neck, as if she was being choked. If you look at the area below her right ear around the jaw line it looks like she has some pretty serious bruising.

eu2ddh.jpg

If you look at the extra large photo I linked below, look at the bits ive circled here:

2w312ex.jpg

Poor girl.
Sad to say I agree with you about this girl most likely being a victim. I am not sure about the dark blotch on the side of the face due to lighting and shadow. It is difficult to know for sure which it is or to what extent. However, if a bruise, it is in the location of a major artery and should fit with his mo.

As to the bruise on the leg, it is consistent with blunt force trauma by an object like a baton or long heavy object. Also note that if a petite girl or even a child hit a man hard in this area of the leg he would fall to his knees. This is a pressure point area. If this was an intentional strike, the perp knew what he was doing.

On some of these, I'm not so sure there is bruising that you guys are seeing. I think it could just be shadows, and when you begin to think about something, it starts to "appear".

I have to agree. Much of this looks like shadow, or discoloration of the photos due to age. Look at this one, for example. If you look at the area on the mouth that you think is bruising, follow it down diagonally to the right and across her hair. Notice that there seems to be a black "band" across that section of hair. It's just a shadow or the light coming from the window (left of screen) that refracts/bends and falls across her face.

With fresh bruising, you would also expect swelling. I don't see that in any of the pictures.

295wnc6.jpg

I just noticed the bruising around under her nose and around her mouth area. The injury looks to me to be someone putting their hand over someones mouth during a struggle in an attempt to keep them quiet.

"Prosecutors said that Alcala's method of killing was to choke his victims with his bare hands until they were unconscious and then to allow them to regain consciousness."

Have finished reading the whole thread -a lot of work WSers - awesome work to identify persons and items in the pictures. There are so many of them it is overwhelming. One would almost have to take one picture and chase it to its nth degree to see if it matches both on identifiers and where the sob was at the time. What a daunting task this is for LE and all those who are donating their free time to do this ... kudos to you all.

Eleph

Here's a map and a list of some NH unsolved homicides. http://snewzer.tripod.com/id1.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/710ufnh.html

Does she look like anybody we've seen? (She'd been dead 1-3 months so the reconstructions are likely to be approximations only. If Alcala did it 3 months is closer.)

710UFNH.jpg
710UFNH1.jpg
710UFNH2.jpg
710UFNH3.jpg

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on October 6, 1971 in Bedford, New Hampshire
* Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 3 months prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" - 5'5".
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly brown hair.
* Clothing: size 7 sandals, dungarees cut to make them short or hip huggers, 32" waist, Maroon or red pullover blouse, laced at neck,
* Fingerprints: Not available.
* Dentals: Available
* DNA: Not available.

Case History
The victim was found October 6, 1971 on a logging road in the woods which was at the end of Kilton Road. Kilton Road has since been extended and is an on-ramp to Route 101 West ( a four lane divided highway at that point).

This one?

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00991.jpg

She's got a reddish top on, but perhaps not the same kind. She also looks younger than 25 to me. Looking for others...

Oh poo..I was thinking he was out from 71-74 but that was when he WAS in jail sorry lol.

Glad someone here is keeping us within the time frame! Thanks, I was just about to list Kathy Lynn Goddy as a potential. The MO sounds just like Acala, which makes me sick it wasn't him, because it means there's someone just like him operating out there. Her case says a sex offender lived right above where they once lived.
You can see a good picture of her at the end of the video here:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/crime_files/051609_Unsolved_Kathy_Lynn_Gloddy

http://doj.nh.gov/coldcaseunit/listing/jaclynne-snyder.htm

The above link doesn't have a picture. Does anyone know what Jacylnne Snyder looked like? Is there a picture out there somewhere? I believe Acala was back on the East coast during the time she was murdered. (correct me if I'm wrong). She went missing 9/4/77 and her body was found 9/14/77.

Alcala was in NY in July and is suspected of murdering Ellen Hover on July 15th.
He was back in Los Angeles sometime in September because that's the month he was hired by the L.A. Times as a typesetter, according to reports. The exact date is not clear, however. It could have been at the end of the month, who knows...

It's too bad there is no photo available for Jaclynne. I've looked around and can't find one, either.

OK, first post on this thread - just noticed it this morning. I feel like I've looked at thousands of pictures today!! One in particular caught my eye in order to try to help narrow down a more precise date.

Here's the pic I used (I couldn't see the year but saw July 4th):

52804720.jpg

AND then I found this after some crazy google searches:

jly4.1970.jpg

Doesn't look like a July picture to me as everyone is dressed quite warmly so I'm assuming this one is at least fall or so of 1970 into 1971. The sign/flag/banner still could have been used years later I suppose.

ETA: looks like he was on the east coast around then too though it doesn't necessarily have to have been in DC.
Anyhow, now that I got here I'll keep following.

I have to agree. Much of this looks like shadow, or discoloration of the photos due to age. Look at this one, for example. If you look at the area on the mouth that you think is bruising, follow it down diagonally to the right and across her hair. Notice that there seems to be a black "band" across that section of hair. It's just a shadow or the light coming from the window (left of screen) that refracts/bends and falls across her face.

With fresh bruising, you would also expect swelling. I don't see that in any of the pictures.

Could the marks on her face have been from duct-tape? For some reason that is the first thing that came to mind while I was reading. It may not be bruising but it defiantly looks like something has irritated the skin.

Duct-tape would make sense?

It could also be marks from a gag?

In one of those weird cases of synchronicity, it seems while one of our posters was commenting about Carlene Brown, the Rawlins paper finally! ran a story about that bizarre summer when four girls went missing.
Snipped.

Despite the apparent lack of coverage at the time, Banker was actually the fourth missing person in Rawlins in seven weeks.

The others were likely visitors to the area.

Carlene Brown and Christy Gross, 19, of Bowdle, S.D., were last seen at Rawlins’ Little Britches Rodeo on July 4, 1974. Gross’ remains surfaced Oct. 27, 1983, three miles north of Sinclair.
http://rawlinstimes.com/articles/2010/03/20/news/doc4ba44cdbd1dd7550062303.txt
I think this is probably the man LE suspected in '91. He is a bad un for sure.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_n1_v63/ai_15155542/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member