Teen Arraigned in Phoebe Prince Case Arrested for Drunken Driving

just seems like a weird thing to me, that 2 out of 6 kids would have had their fathers die...when they were teenagers. And 2, 3 years before this whole.... can't find the word.

Seems kinda long odds, like, improbable....

2 out of 6. Thats, like, 33%. Thats high.

I wonder if they were close to their fathers?

might have to bug the lawyer again Pala.

how many questions we get in a week?

Will these be jury trials?

they are NOT being charged with her suicide.

violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury

All 5 kids have this charge. (Austin excluded of course)

how could this be nothing to do with the suicide? This relates to something not specified within the charging documents?

whats bodily injury refer to here Pala?

The jury will be asked if she was harassed or stalked. HOW or WHY she died is not relevant to these charges, from my understanding. Although, there are those who say if she didn't die, they wouldn't have been charged. I just do not see where that thinking brings us. They are charged. They are charged with stalking. Did they stalk? They are charged with harassment preventing her from attending school. Did they harass her? Seems simple, to me.

I think I get it now. It just came to me. I think.

"there are those who say if she didn't die, they wouldn't have been charged".

Could there be some Latin term that says if it can be shown that charges made that are based upon an event that occurred as result of the actions from which the charges emanated but reasonable doubt could be established that the event did not in fact happen as result of the actions......

charges are invalid.......cases dismissed.

Does that make sense?

Oh man....I almost got it, I swear....Corpus Delicti???

naw....something like that though.

Plainer English maybe: theres no previous cases (precedent) for this, these charges. Why hasn't there been previous cases?

Why were these charges brought, here.......now?

If it can be established that the reason the charges were brought is because a death resulted from the actions that the charges are founded upon then all the defense has to do is establish "reasonable doubt" that the death resulted from the actions.

right????

Simple, Chryst...if so....seems like even I could prolly "accomplish" that.

All I'd have to do is get anything in.....something that would suggest anything else may have contributed.

Like a book report.

just for example of course.

If theres no suicide these charges are not brought so just get the jury to buy that the suicide was possibly tied to factors other than just the bullying voila dismissals.

Days worth of "expert witnesses" and statistics to show no one kills themselves from bullying except for Phoebe Prince.

and, well Kristina Calco, Ryan Halligan, Corinne Wilson, Sian Yates

Sian.jpg

and too many others to mention...Hope Witsell

for some reason I keep getting compelled to mention her cuz that sush a really sad screwed up mess....

091202-texting-suicide-5a.small.jpg

well gettin off track of course but thats it, right?

The charges were brought because its believed that a suicide resulted from these actions so just show Phoebe's decision to take her life might have been influenced by anything other than the bullying and they walk.

go get the lawya Pala!!!!

I'm guessin here!!!! :)

I swear the Lawyer prolly don't mind as much as you think Pala....the lawyer prolly likes being helpful Pala. You're Canadian so youre, like, ultra-polite and stuff.

American might've already asked the lawyer 4 questions by now, just today Pala, and its, like, not even 6:00am.

Woulda woke the lawyer up. :(

Despite this quote, this picture of AR really looks sad to me...such a lost look in his eyes, imo...
However according to defense attorney Alan Black, who is not associated with the case, under the law Renaud could have been put in jail for 60 days as a result of the second arrest while on recognizance from the first arrest.

"There is a section of the Massachusetts General Laws that allows for a mandatory 60 days if certain conditions are met when you pick up the new case when you're out on bail or on recognizance from another case which is what happened in this situation," said Black.

So despite an arrest while being out on bail from a previous arrest, Renaud remains free.
http://www.wggb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12344837

Attachments

• 12344837_BG1.jpg
    12344837_BG1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 12
just seems like a weird thing to me, that 2 out of 6 kids would have had their fathers die...when they were teenagers. And 2, 3 years before this whole.... can't find the word.

Seems kinda long odds, like, improbable....

2 out of 6. Thats, like, 33%. Thats high.

I wonder if they were close to their fathers?

might have to bug the lawyer again Pala.

how many questions we get in a week?

Will these be jury trials?
Kaylas Dad died in 2008. So, she was around 15. Austins Dad died in 2007, he was around 15. Flannerys Mom and Dad are long divorced, or never married, her Dads last name was McCoy, I'm told. A rocky relationship, I heard from a family member...but I have no link, yet. I'm told her Mom, Jennifer, aka Jenn, is in a long term same sex marriage, if true...I would of thought that might have made her more empathetic to the pain of discrimination and harassment...and Ashley's family...well, nothing yet but rumors...
Sean seems to have the 'family of the year'...in the sense they appear to be well respected and involved in the community, imo, from my reading.
And Austin...well, I haven't seen much family support for him at all. He lives on his own and it was reported he went to court with no family present.

Dr. Phail...why don't you make a post with all your questions in it? Something simple and concise.

Then, maybe, we could go through them 1 by 1...:)

eta: remember to put it on the right thread, though...

Does anyone know how Renaud first met Phoebe? I don't think he was enrolled in the high school. It seems obvious that she met Mulveyhill in school, but I have not read anything to indicate where she met Austin Renaud.

Does anyone know how Renaud first met Phoebe? I don't think he was enrolled in the high school. It seems obvious that she met Mulveyhill in school, but I have not read anything to indicate where she met Austin Renaud.
Hey TrashersFan :)

I'm not sure he wasn't enrolled in the high school. He lived in Springfield. But in 2007, he lived in SH, I found the property records. He moved around the month of July/2007 and his Dad died in Sept./2007. He may have gone to SHHS. They do call them the SH6...and Austin DID drive, he could have driven to school so he wouldn't have to transfer.

Still unclear, imo...

a search of Austin and school sports teams might be a place to start...

Did some further digging. In the court document for Velazquez (page 4-5) it states that Renaud was an upperclassman at South Hadley.

http://media.masslive.com/breakingnews/other/sharon_velazquez.pdf

So she met him at school.

Poor Phoebe. The more I read these documents, the sadder it makes me for her. It also makes me glad that Mulveyhill is not my son. He would be begging the police to lock him up for fear of the *advertiser censored*-kicking he would get from me!!! :banghead: :furious:

Did some further digging. In the court document for Velazquez (page 4-5) it states that Renaud was an upperclassman at South Hadley.

http://media.masslive.com/breakingnews/other/sharon_velazquez.pdf

So she met him at school.

Poor Phoebe. The more I read these documents, the sadder it makes me for her. It also makes me glad that Mulveyhill is not my son. He would be begging the police to lock him up for fear of the *advertiser censored*-kicking he would get from me!!! :banghead: :furious:
Me, too! I'm conservative and very old fashioned, that way. My Sons BETTER NOT be out there taking advantage of young women and throwing them away like Kleenex's! I'd be arrested. Seriously. Mulveyhill was nominated as "class flirt". THAT would be my first indication.

Last link said he was on route 5, this one says, in Holyoke...SO...on route 5, in Holyoke, I take it?

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...ince-case-arrested-for-drunk-driving-20100419

Yes, you a correct on that. I am very surprised that he thought this would be a good idea. Holyoke (and Springfield) are the last places you want to be in the middle of the night. And for that reason, the police will stop pretty much anybody out at that time. The spot that he was found was not on the way you would get to/from south hadley or to/from springfield, so I am very curious where he was and where he got the alcohol.

Yes, you a correct on that. I am very surprised that he thought this would be a good idea. Holyoke (and Springfield) are the last places you want to be in the middle of the night. And for that reason, the police will stop pretty much anybody out at that time. The spot that he was found was not on the way you would get to/from south hadley or to/from springfield, so I am very curious where he was and where he got the alcohol.
I gotta thank you. It is so nice when locals come on the forum to post. Ya'll add SO much...:blowkiss:

No idea where he was or where he got the alcohol...but maybe someone else will pipe up. ;)

I don't think Austin's sister is the girl we thought who mentioned about her brother laughing about Phoebe killing herself and saying why she did it. I've been thinking this for a few days. One, the last names are different. I thought maybe it was just the sister kind of redoing her last name but that part always struck me. Two, the sister says on facebook that her brother dated Phoebe a few months ago when Austin & Phoebe dated sometime in December, probably only about a month before her death. Three, I've been hearing that Austin lives on his own and the sister stated that Phoebe had come over their house a few times and so she had met her. Then today on MassLive I checked over there and a reply to post number 10288 states that the girl isn't Austin's sister (http://www.masslive.com/forums/southhadley/).

Therefore there may be another guy that Phoebe dated during this time, and although he hasn't been charged with anything he seems to be as much as a tool as the other two.

Hope it's okay that I posted this here.

I don't think Austin's sister is the girl we thought who mentioned about her brother laughing about Phoebe killing herself and saying why she did it. I've been thinking this for a few days. One, the last names are different. I thought maybe it was just the sister kind of redoing her last name but that part always struck me. Two, the sister says on facebook that her brother dated Phoebe a few months ago when Austin & Phoebe dated sometime in December, probably only about a month before her death. Three, I've been hearing that Austin lives on his own and the sister stated that Phoebe had come over their house a few times and so she had met her. Then today on MassLive I checked over there and a reply to post number 10288 states that the girl isn't Austin's sister (http://www.masslive.com/forums/southhadley/).

Therefore there may be another guy that Phoebe dated during this time, and although he hasn't been charged with anything he seems to be as much as a tool as the other two.

Hope it's okay that I posted this here.
I have the screen shot of that, bear....the 'laughing' comment. She mentions Austin and Flannery by name, mentions that they had broke up and that Phoebe had been to her house. Maybe Austin didn't live on his own, then, and maybe the sister didn't have the dates right, or that Phoebe was intimate in Dec with Austin but it started in Novemeber...I'm just not convinced. I'd like to get a local to confirm or deny...it's a simple question, you'd think... :banghead:

I have the screen shot of that, bear....the 'laughing' comment. She mentions Austin and Flannery by name, mentions that they had broke up and that Phoebe had been to her house. Maybe Austin didn't live on his own, then, and maybe the sister didn't have the dates right, or that Phoebe was intimate in Dec with Austin but it started in Novemeber...I'm just not convinced. I'd like to get a local to confirm or deny...it's a simple question, you'd think... :banghead:

Ah yes Paladine, you're right-I always forget she mentions Austin and flannery by name. I have that screenshot as well but always forget random details of it. Should have looked over it again before opening my big mouth :loser:

there is so much weirdness going on it can be difficult to keep track of it all

Stalking is most often linked with obsession and it doesn't end well for some.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back