There was a body found in the desert area where JP was the night of her disappearance

I saw the article too, and immediately thought of Susan. I came here to post, but you beat me to it Apples. I almost hope it is her so her family can have some closure and JP can finally be arrested! But then, I also really want to hope she is alive somewhere...

Someone has got to be pretty nervous bout now. I pray it's Susan, I really do.

Josh Powell: No, no, we, um, we actually just went down to the Pony Express.

So in generality, if he was in the PE area, that's about 2 hours from where the body was found in Tooele County, Stockton.

There's no reason why he wouldn't drive away as far as possible from the actual campground for his dumping ground.

Driving directions to Pony Express Route, Dugway-Wendover, UT 84022

Tooele, UT

1. Head west on E Vine St toward S Main St
66 ft
2. Take the 1st left onto UT-36 S/S Main St
Continue to follow UT-36 S
27.8 mi
3. Turn right onto Pony Express Rd
12.6 mi
4. Continue onto Simpson Springs Rd
12.4 mi
5. Continue onto Pony Express Route/Simpson Springs-Callao Rd
7.4 mi

Pony Express RouteDugway-Wendover, UT 84022

I am really anxious to find out this is Susan - I pray this is Susan and LE can arrest the <unusual person>

If Josh came down SR36 from the North, Stockton would have been on the way to PE. Stockton would be more believable than PE IMO. More paved roads etc.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15560257

(snip)
Sharmann said he was aware that people might be speculating that the remains found Sunday may belong to Susan Powell. He said that was one of the reasons authorities were withholding any details about the body until Monday afternoon.

The sad part is, this is the remains of someone. Someone's loved one.

May they RIP.

I guess it will most likely be a few days before we find out anything. LE doesn't even know if it's male or female yet.

IF it's not Susan, I pray she'll be found soon. Hopefully alive but we all know that's not really being realistic. :(

JMHO
fran

Saw this on a missing soldiers thread. Came to make sure it was posted to Susan's thread.

Prayers for the family and friends of this unidentified person.

Oh wow...I hope if Susan is deceased, this is her body. It has been way too long. (I am sure she is...just don't like to "root" for this to be her.)

This actually makes me think that they have reason to think it IS Susan. It's an odd wait of wording it... :waitasec:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15560257

Sharmann said he was aware that people might be speculating that the remains found Sunday may belong to Susan Powell. He said that was one of the reasons authorities were withholding any details about the body until Monday afternoon.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-body-found-body-found-in-tooele-county-20110515,0,6551425.story

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...nty-near-Stockton/vNEjxwE790KAdhu25XFlRQ.cspx

This actually makes me think that they have reason to think it IS Susan. It's an odd wait of wording it... :waitasec:

*sbm*

I agree... And when I read the article, Susan was the first person that popped into my mind. I mean I really thought, "ok here we go...".

The other threads that I follow here have been so quiet with no recent leads, so this would be a nice break in this case and closure for her family, even though I have a hard time wanting to believe she is actually deceased.

If this is Susan, maybe we will hear of an arrest at the same time...

I always hope that when they do find a body... that there is any chance could be Susan... that they immediately put Josh under surveillance.

I just have Scott Peterson flashbacks.

I have nightmares that they finally find Susan, but Josh sees it on the news and obviously KNOWS they found her. So he is long gone with or without the kids before they get there to arrest him.

So please... tell me they are watching him until they determine whether or not it's her...

So this would mean the body was located by a paved road?

fran

No. I meant there are more real roads in Stockton. But eventually those roads turn into gravel then dirt too. Where PE is nothing but barely maintained dirt for like 30 miles before you even get to the place. Stockton is an actual town although a very small one. The subdivision out there is really like mini ranches. I think it's gravel and dirt, but any 4wd vehicle should do just fine.

Now I will be thinking about Susan all night...and hoping that he does not get a wink of sleep, hoping that if she has been found, his house is surrounded. Her parents broke my heart when I saw them last on television. No one should have to go through what parents of missing persons endure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back