Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kind of a clarification... The way this version is worded gives the impression that maybe nobody saw it happen. Maybe they heard a thump or heard him yell as he started to fall... then came in to find him there... and all they knew is "he fell" because he was at the bottom of the stairs?

Also, makes we wonder how much time had passed before anyone saw him.
IMO

I am trying to catch up.
Several posts were referring to the possibility that the brother is a black sheep of the family and involved with drugs etc.

Is there something in the media or public documents to back this up or is it just speculation and theory?

I am trying to catch up.
Several posts were referring to the possibility that the brother is a black sheep of the family and involved with drugs etc.

Is there something in the media or public documents to back this up or is it just speculation and theory?

I don't think so. He was going to go work on a tugboat. Someone thought he was lying about that, but I didn't get that from any articles I saw.

I guess the more I look at this it seems Rebecca and Adam are the two who do not fit in this picture... all the others seems like pretty high rollers.

I am trying to catch up.

I have been following this case and I don't recall any mention of the above.
Do you have post #s

TIA

I am trying to catch up.

I don't know that anyone thinks he is a black sheep.
Some think it strange that his only brother lives in a 750 sq ft apt, and works on a tugboat.

IMO

I can't remember...

Did LE verify the girl was there when they responded about Max?

Also... my opinion of their latest release is so they can say, "All we know for sure is that he was at the foot of the stairs when we arrived"

I think it is premature to claim he did, in fact, fall off the staircase or whatever as that is what they were told not what they know. I hope they are interviewing the girl that was there.

I am trying to catch up.

I heaard that Adam rented an apartment in Memphis and worked as a tugboat operator. I have not heard/read anything about drugs. What surprises me is that he has to rent an apt. and work that type of job, with his brother being so wealthy.

I'd be upscaling that boy if he were my brother.

The brother came to offer comfort after Max had the accident. He was not there. What I want to know is who is the 13 year old girl, I have seen reports she is the sister of Jonah's girlfriend, others said she is Max sister. Was she questioned, could she have killed Max out of jealousy. Could she have murdered Rebekah??

I have been following this case and I don't recall any mention of the above.
Do you have post #s

TIA

I don't have time to go back and search the whole thread but here's one

We have no idea what the relationship was like. Perhaps Adam had a problem with drugs or crime in the past. Perhaps he was too proud to take money, or just honestly didn't care. It's impossible to help people who don't want it. It's easy for everyone to say that they would never let their relative live like that, but the reality is always more complicated.

I think it could have happened this way....

Everyone distraught over Max's fall. Both parents immediately go to hospital. Rebecca couldn't because she was there with GS. Rebecca plans to go the next day after Rebecca leaves...makes arrangements for the dog. At some point on Tues the guy comes to pick up the dog. Also at some point Tues Rebecca talks to JS who has possibly just learned Max is likely brain dead. Emotions are high. JS possibly blames Rebecca, does not want her to come to hospital, they possibly have an argument. Rebecca is overcome with grief, feeling guilty because Max died while in her care. Maybe in a sick way she is angered that JS's attention is on Max, and no sympathy towards her. Decides to off herself to prove something.

I can see how that could have happened, absolutely do not understand why she would be naked.

Police said some kind of "event" had maybe taken place on Tuesday evening. Could she have been drinking?

This case has been haunting me, it's so eerie.
Whoever did this was very very angry obviously, and I do believe Max's death had something to do with the chandelier. Rebecca hanging makes me think of the chandelier. They even used electrical cords instead of rope. I think a lot of us get the statement, loud & clear, that the person who did this made.

JVM reporting that JS went and picked up the dog and dog guy says JS was distraught and crying over both Max and Rebecca, saying both Max and R loved the dog.

I think it is significant that a non biased 3rd party (the dog boarding place) described her as crying and completely distraught (the day before she died) and her sister said she sounded fine, she was going to keep everyone up to date on Max's condition, she was not distraught.

I believe the dog boarding place, I do not believe the sister. I fully believe she was highly emotional as Max accident occurred under her watch. Could this highly charged emotional time cause her to take her own life feeling guilty over the impending death of Max. Yes. I am only puzzled in the manner she did it. Bound and naked, hanging from a balcony is about as dramatic and horrifying as I can imagine. I just need to further understand why a person would choose that method. Hanging (but with clothes and no hands and feet bound) maybe.. but the details give reason to really stop and say. WHAT??

Not that it is not possible, but it would almost point to her being very angry and trying to make it look like a murder.. Hense no suicide note.

Look for workers that were there.. Autopsy report, was she raped, evidence of semen. Who had been there. I am not convinced she did it, but I dont think the boyfriend did either.

We may have a real who dunnit here. OR a 13 yr old Bad Seed living in the house jealous of the others so here we go one by one.

(I am not concerned with any previous domestic violence claims, i read them all, they are typical bickering and you pushed me, I poked you... during a divorce) there is absolutely no real violence documented.. the dog nipped wife :) but I know violence this was petty.. not significant, these are not violent people...

If I were a detective, I'd go to the house say I have to look around a bit.. then walk around with that serious look. When I pass the 13 year old sister of Max.. I'd quietly say "why'd you push your brother down the stairs?"

Just see what she does...

(and who is the mystery woman that entered the house the day she died, that nobody seems to know who she was)

What person that has any class at all would show up to party under these circumstances, you would have to be a real jerk.
Yes, I know that some rich people can be jerks, but still, that would be crossing the line.
IMO

The brother came to offer comfort after Max had the accident. He was not there. What I want to know is who is the 13 year old girl, I have seen reports she is the sister of Jonah's girlfriend, others said she is Max sister. Was she questioned, could she have killed Max out of jealousy. Could she have murdered Rebekah??

I think there are all kinds of scenarios with another child there. Kids get into stuff they aren't supposed to, the girl could have been watching Max while Rebecca was doing something else, they could have been playing and something unintended happened and so on.

The thing that concerns me is that no one is standing up and telling u s what this girl and Rebecca said about Max's death... hopefully that's coming. But it's bothersome given the media has changed their story about this girl being there. She is one of two witnesses and the other one is DEAD.

Yet, LE had long ago just pronounced this an unfortunate accident - good they changed their tune.

So, here's a question...

Depending on what happened, what lengths would parents go to to cover this up?

Up until now, I left Kimberly and her husband, Ian James, off my list. But I think they should be put on there for now.

Abstract on naked suicide

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

Conventional wisdom has it that a woman found hanging naked is most likely a homicide or a staged suicide.5 It is thought that "feminine modesty" carries over into a suicidal death. Nonetheless, women do hang themselves or induce asphyxia by other means while naked.

The disposition of clothing found at the site of a naked suicide attempt or completion can yield valuable clues to the individual's mental state. Clothes that are neatly arranged point to a planned suicide. Clothes strewn about raise the question of impulsivity or mental disorganization secondary to a severe psychiatric condition, substance abuse, or sexual homicide.

Naked suicide can be associated with any method of suicide; however, anecdotal evidence indicates that it occurs more frequently with hanging, overdose, or drowning, but to a lesser extent in jumping deaths. With the exception of jumping, most naked suicides occur indoors.

Naked suicide suggests a variety of psychological themes. The shedding of clothes may symbolize a new beginning, a rebirth and cleansing, or a sloughing off of the world. In the biblical description of Christ's resurrection, his clothes, a symbol of an unregenerate world, were left behind as he ascended into heaven.11

Anger and vengeance can be expressed by completing suicide while naked, especially when it is intended to traumatize a survivor. The shock of discovering a naked suicide inflicts an indelible, traumatic memory that can haunt a survivor for a lifetime.12 The person who completes suicide while naked may intend to add insult to a suicide survivor's already devastating injury.

I don't have time to go back and search the whole thread but here's one

As far as I know, there are no MSM links that give us any insight into Adam. He does give to charities, lives in Memphis in an apt, approx. 750 sq ft; works on a tug boat and went to CA because of the accident involving his nephew - don't know if he was asked to go or just went. He had told his landlord he was going to work but ended up in CA.....but that could have been because he got the call on the way to work or at work.....

Haven't seen any negative reports about him

That's all I can remember......hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea