State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy seems to be one of those awkward, techie geeks but clearly knows his stuff. When he's trying to explain something his brain seems to be one step ahead of his words. I find that a lot in 'techie geeks' who are trying to speak in layman's terms. Might explain some of his ineptness.

according to his testimony, he's about 8 years ahead of everyone else!!

Talking directly to the jury.....isn't this against rules of how to testify.

I'll ask my daughter. She does this. I THOUGHT they were supposed to make a connection to the jury when they're testifying as an expert.

JMHO
fran

Talking directly to the jury.....isn't this against rules of how to testify.

No, he can and should turn and address the jury when he testifies, but he isn't supposed to engage them in a back & forth discussion, question them, the way JW did. My curiousity was that this expert isn't more knowledgable about common court room terminology and procedures, LIke just now, 'objection, non responsive to the question'. Usually experts are so well trained in courtroom testimony. They know how to avoid hearsay rules, how to answer succeintly, etc.

Night of July 11 BC had a router LE never found.

I find that highly suspect, the FBI had 2.5 years to make note of this and they jsut do it this week, and it is not even in evidence yet, all that has happened is that BZ stated it before the jury as if though it was truth, that was underhanded, he was testifying and that is not appropriate.

Not saying they don't read it, I don't know, but I think someone from here sent it to the Prosecution.

I think some of the BDI'ers would love to be able to testify in this case, but if they can at least get some acknowledgement from the Prosecution they feel like they are a part of it.

Someone said it should be sent to the judge. I remember the discussion. So, you might be correct. I have no idea whether JW actually posted here, or who sent it to the judge or prosecution.

Another smoking gun. Sounds like an FXO supportable router was present before the spoof call, and missing after.

BZ didn't slip testimony in saying that an FXO supportable router was present, he said a router. Unless I totally misunderstood, but bottomline, that was inappropriate of BZ to say before the jury, he is not an expert witness.

What is the purpose of this testimony?

The phone is blank.

Cannot be used by the pros.

Cannot be used by the def.

So?
fran

BZ didn't slip testimony in saying that an FXO supportable router was present, he said a router. Unless I totally misunderstood, but bottomline, that was inappropriate of BZ to say before the jury, he is not an expert witness.

Jury wasn't present during arguments.

Local on craigslist, meet and pay cash. Stop by the flea market at the fair grounds, pay cash. Pretty easy.

I've bought on ebay and mailed a money order.

He wasn't testifying. The jury wasn't in the room.

I've bought on ebay and mailed a money order.

Again, it all leaves a trail (searches on ebay, searches on craigslist, etc.) hence the lack of either: 1) follow up by the cops or 2) finding of anything significant.

Ben Levitan appears to be in his 'nancy grace guest' mode rather than his solemn courtroom expert witness mode.

I can see this witness causing a bit of a ruckus come Cross. Very knowledgeable and rambles on and on like he's lecturing but knows his stuff. I think he will be obviously testy with Zell.

This post says that 10 incorrect password attempts will wipe a blackberry.
http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides/guide-to-wiping-your-blackberry-88202/
So, if BC knew this, and entered the wrong password in 9 times, the next attempt by Cary PD will have wiped the phone.

The phone is extremely explicit when before it wipes the data. In big letters it says something to the effect "All information will be wiped" and then has you confirm this by typing out the word "blackberry" in an ominous looking box.

There is no mistaking this phone was wiped and whoever did it was very aware of what was going on at the time.

The phone is blank.

So?
fran

Not sure where this will end up eventually, but bo far, improper handling and custody of evidence (the phone) has been highlighted.

Remember, he examined the phone twice - we're hearing only about the first time.

The phone is blank.

So?
fran

Smoke and mirrors ? Gotta say something ? The point seems to me an attempt to impeach Detective Young and what he supposedly did with respect to the phone. I see a red herring, smell it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23