Stephen King Mistaken For Book Vandal.

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
World famous author Stephen King was mistaken for a vandal at an Alice Springs book store yesterday.
The horror master stunned customers when he started writing in copies of his new book.
When store manager realized who King was she chased him into a near by supermarket.....
Just another day in OZ.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=286747

I dont think theyre used to too many celebrities in The Alice.:D

Too funny. He's kind of recognizable too right?

If he didnt want to draw attention he shouldnt have started scribbling in the books:p

If he didnt want to draw attention he shouldnt have started scribbling in the books:p

True dat, Dingo. Wish I could have went to Alice's. It sounds nice there.

Ive never been to Alice Springs either but I hope to get there one day.

I'm sure the concept of "signed first edition" is probably unknown to your primitive people, dingo, but trust me, it actually makes the book quite a bit more valuable. Mr. King was doing the bookreaders of Alice Springs a favor.

I would recommend you pass on news of this modern custom, but I fear your neighbors would think you a witch. :blowkiss:

Im not sure if there are many readers in Alice Springs so he was proberly wasting his time...Im surprised they even have any need for a bookshop...you know us Aussies are a bit laid back when it comes to wasting out time on useless things like learning how to read and write.
The neighbours already think Im a witch after I told them about the modern miracle you call indoor plumbing.....I cant even ride my camel past their mudhut now without them gathering up their kids and running inside.

:laugh:
Im not sure if there are many readers in Alice Springs so he was proberly wasting his time...Im surprised they even have any need for a bookshop...you know us Aussies are a bit laid back when it comes to wasting out time on useless things like learning how to read and write.
The neighbours already think Im a witch after I told them about the modern miracle you call indoor plumbing.....I cant even ride my camel past their mudhut now without them gathering up their kids and running inside.

Thanks so much for the laugh tonight with that mental image! lol!

Ive never been to Alice Springs either but I hope to get there one day.

Oh it's a "place". I thought the bookstore carried the name of a woman Alice Springs. I got no excuse for that as I live in a huge city. I'll blame the schools here. Dingo, if ya go please take pictures? BTW, you all sure do turn out some beautiful people.

You (and most Aussies I know, pardon my stereotype) have the best sense of humor! Will you be my BFF? :blowkiss:

P.S. I'm sure the books were for tourists.

Oh it's a "place". I thought the bookstore carried the name of a woman Alice Springs. I got no excuse for that as I live in a huge city. I'll blame the schools here. Dingo, if ya go please take pictures? BTW, you all sure do turn out some beautiful people.

IIRC, Alice Springs is the town where the boys go in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. If you haven't seen it, you must rent it. Needless to say, nobody reads in it.

You (and most Aussies I know, pardon my stereotype) have the best sense of humor! Will you be my BFF? :blowkiss:

P.S. I'm sure the books were for tourists.
Ill be your BFF..whatever that is..:blowkiss: ......does it mean Best Friend Forever.:woohoo:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I'm sure the concept of "signed first edition" is probably unknown to your primitive people, dingo, but trust me, it actually makes the book quite a bit more valuable. Mr. King was doing the bookreaders of Alice Springs a favor.

I would recommend you pass on news of this modern custom, but I fear your neighbors would think you a witch. :blowkiss:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Im not sure if there are many readers in Alice Springs so he was proberly wasting his time...Im surprised they even have any need for a bookshop...you know us Aussies are a bit laid back when it comes to wasting out time on useless things like learning how to read and write.

OMG Nova and dingo, I am p*ssing myself laughing...
you two are an absolute crack up. What a team!!! :D

Nova = George Burns
Dingo = Gracie Allen

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members