Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #1 *T. Vader guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby, isn't it completeyl mindblowing that T.V. would be seen driving around in their SUV earlier this week? I mean, talk about balls. That area has a very, very small population and someone driving around in a new (new to them) vehicle would stick out like a sore thumb. As well, although it's only been yesterday that he was named a person of interest, his name's been tossed around for a couple of days anyway? Was he so bold as to take a chance like that? That speaks volumes. Generally a criminal will get rid of ANYTHING of the victim's that could link them. Wonder if others in his area were in on this with him?

I'm assuming it's not called Minnow Lake campground for nothing, that there must be a lake (Minnow Lake?) nearby. It's not been mentioned in the news at all but wouldn't a likely place to search for them be in the lake? I imagine investigators keep a lot of the search/investigation details to themselves, for obvious reasons. Still, makes you wonder if the lake has been searched. Not sure how big the lake is, how deep....but if it's big/deep, it would be make sense that a criminal would dump bodies in such a lake as opposed to bury them in the woods where it would be very hard to totally "hide" proof that the ground was disturbed (by investigators). I pray they are found safe and sound, maybe they've been kept hostage somewhere....maybe the perp(s) had enough of a heart to not harm them and is holding them somewhere until..........ah, I don't know. Crazy to me, though, if he's a perp, that he would return to that area..or stay in that area....you think he'd be long gone.

Ruby, isn't it completeyl mindblowing that T.V. would be seen driving around in their SUV earlier this week? I mean, talk about balls. That area has a very, very small population and someone driving around in a new (new to them) vehicle would stick out like a sore thumb. As well, although it's only been yesterday that he was named a person of interest, his name's been tossed around for a couple of days anyway? Was he so bold as to take a chance like that? That speaks volumes. Generally a criminal will get rid of ANYTHING of the victim's that could link them. Wonder if others in his area were in on this with him?

I think at first he felt confident. There was a delay in LE getting their sh#t together. So he had from July 3rd to July 10 before it hit the news.

Maybe he is high, so doesn't really give a crap.

I'm assuming it's not called Minnow Lake campground for nothing, that there must be a lake (Minnow Lake?) nearby. It's not been mentioned in the news at all but wouldn't a likely place to search for them be in the lake? I imagine investigators keep a lot of the search/investigation details to themselves, for obvious reasons. Still, makes you wonder if the lake has been searched. Not sure how big the lake is, how deep....but if it's big/deep, it would be make sense that a criminal would dump bodies in such a lake as opposed to bury them in the woods where it would be very hard to totally "hide" proof that the ground was disturbed (by investigators). I pray they are found safe and sound, maybe they've been kept hostage somewhere....maybe the perp(s) had enough of a heart to not harm them and is holding them somewhere until..........ah, I don't know. Crazy to me, though, if he's a perp, that he would return to that area..or stay in that area....you think he'd be long gone.

With his father and LE warning people to stay away from him, and knowing that he has a history of drug use and drinking, it's a safe bet that he's not someone who acts rationally or logically. I'd say compassion is not something he's familiar with.

He might be running from those other than LE, so home turf might feel more comfortable at the moment.

There is a Minnow Lake.

http://travelingluck.com/North+America/Canada/Alberta/_6074967_Minnow+Lake.html#local_map

Niton Junction is close to home. This truck stop could have great food and the McCann's could possibly have gone here on a regular basis. They could have decided that this was going to be a stopping place to grab a bite on the way through. If someone was also at the truck stop or got chatting with them and expressed that they were needing a ride.....It is possible that the McCann's graciously offered this person a ride and then things progressed from there?? Mr. McCann was a long-haul truck driver. I am sure he has picked up many a hitchhiker in his career....especially at truck stops.

Possibly T.V. just found this vehicle abandoned and was driving it until he found out that it was part of an intensive police hunt. Then he decided to ditch it in the woods. I Know this is far fetched but it is a possibility

This story was just on CTV so his pic is getting out there.

Possibly T.V. just found this vehicle abandoned and was driving it until he found out that it was part of an intensive police hunt. Then he decided to ditch it in the woods. I Know this is far fetched but it is a possibility

True enough, anything is possible I guess.

Sadly I think he is involved and this is not going to have a happy ending.

Sadly I think he is involved and this is not going to have a happy ending.
I just keep hoping and praying that there is some kind of survival story and a happy ending for this beautiful couple.

Wow, quite the "history" of fires in which he was suspected of starting them....now the McCann's RV and then this other one.

and another

Vader is accused of burning his own property on Dec. 8, 2009, in a manner that threatened someone else or their property.

and yet another

t’s not the first time Vader’s life has been touched by fire. In November 2004, his family’s home in Niton Junction was destroyed, leaving his seven children and their mother, Victoria Vader, homeless.

but that they suspected Travis set the fire. No charges were ever laid.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Poli...ssing+couple/3291833/story.html#ixzz0tz6kpsY7
:

Yeah, I was referring to those older ones mentioned in that article.

Pyromaniac?

I just keep hoping and praying that there is some kind of survival story and a happy ending for this beautiful couple.

I was hoping the same.
Best scenerio, tired and dehydrated but basically ok.......
I do not think so really but we can hope....

I am so sick of these monsters that prey on those who cannot defend themselves as well....

Vader, who grew up in the area around MacKay, Peers and Niton Junction, is well-known to police and has a long criminal record with 12 separate sets of charges dating back to 1995.

He is wanted in connection with at least 17 drug, gun, theft and arson charges stemming from two separate incidents, one near Evansburg in August last year and another in December near Barrhead.

Vader is accused of burning his own property on Dec. 8, 2009, in a manner that threatened someone else or their property.

It’s not the first time Vader’s life has been touched by fire. In November 2004, his family’s home in Niton Junction was destroyed, leaving his seven children and their mother, Victoria Vader, homeless.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Poli...ssing+couple/3291833/story.html#ixzz0tzgdibKJ

Can someone maybe help clarify bail processes for me here? How does one with a rap sheet as long as Vader has keep getting bail? I don't get it! Does our justice system really not look at a persons past before releasing them back onto the streets?

Niton Junction is close to home. This truck stop could have great food and the McCann's could possibly have gone here on a regular basis. They could have decided that this was going to be a stopping place to grab a bite on the way through. If someone was also at the truck stop or got chatting with them and expressed that they were needing a ride.....It is possible that the McCann's graciously offered this person a ride and then things progressed from there?? Mr. McCann was a long-haul truck driver. I am sure he has picked up many a hitchhiker in his career....especially at truck stops.

ITA Satchel. I could see this scenario playing out. The service stations at Niton Junction look like a very easy place for a large motorhome to pull over. And, we know who frequents that area. :eek:

It's hard to believe that Vader won't be caught soon, particularly if he remains in his old stomping grounds. I'm guessing he's stepped on enough toes over the years that there are a lot of people who would be happy to pass along tips to LE. And, there has been so much publicity surrounding the case that even strangers will be watching out for him.

His only 'safe' place might be northern BC, although you can bet the RCMP will be on the lookout for him, since they don't want to end up red faced again.

IIRC his son said he wouldn't pick up hitch hikers. And being an OTR truck driver, he would know the dangers in that.

Now if they stopped at a truck stop, I have seen some questionable people hanging around them, especially because they are open 24/7.

I think they were taken by surprise or tricked into thinking someone needed help. jmo

Can someone maybe help clarify bail processes for me here? How does one with a rap sheet as long as Vader has keep getting bail? I don't get it! Does our justice system really not look at a persons past before releasing them back onto the streets?

His own father seems to be asking the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361