GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe he started in just the last few years.I also wonder if in his younger years he attacked preteen girls, since he did target young girls in his fetish.I would bet he was a peeping tom for years.Just because he did not document it ,does not mean he did not do any crimes.Maybe as he was getting away with his crimes for years, he got braver and figured he was smarter then the police and started keeping track.JMO

That's possible, though it would be tough to go back to his old residences I would think. He could very well have gotten braver once he joined the army, figuring he was "untouchable", guess he knows now that he wasn't untouchable after all.

3:39 smithjoanna: "Crimes that remain a mystery to police" R1s w/o evidence pointing to suspects, like the B&Es in Ottawa. Only one even reported in Tweed. [via Twitter]

3:40 smithjoanna: It seems Crown trying to explain how #ColRW got away with so many break-ins and fetish thefts before escalating to sex assault, murder [via Twitter]

3:42 smithjoanna: "They did an outstanding job," Crown says of police assembling case, noting how first real clues came after disappearance of Lloyd. #ColRW

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/877558

3:34 smithjoanna: RW told police he acknowledged it was "odd" to begin a crime spree at his age, but insisted he had done nothing criminal before.

3:35 smithjoanna: RW said it began with interest in stealing underwear, an interest that may have gone back to his 20s but had not acted on. [via Twitter]

Of course it is always advisable to take the accused's word as gospel. Meanwhile, how many piles of evidence were torched?

3:36 smithjoanna: RW also told police he planned to plead guilty to minimize impact on his wife

How very thoughtful of him (note my sarcasm!). Imagine if he'd viewed his victims as humans, and worked towards minimizing his impact on THEM and their loved ones!! How desensitized he must be to be able to do these things!!

And his wife -- do we believe really that she didn't know of his actions?? I'm sure its possible, but I'm not sure I buy it yet.

3:39 smithjoanna: "Crimes that remain a mystery to police" R1s w/o evidence pointing to suspects, like the B&Es in Ottawa. Only one even reported in Tweed. [via Twitter]

3:40 smithjoanna: It seems Crown trying to explain how #ColRW got away with so many break-ins and fetish thefts before escalating to sex assault, murder [via Twitter]

3:42 smithjoanna: "They did an outstanding job," Crown says of police assembling case, noting how first real clues came after disappearance of Lloyd. #ColRW

Didn't one of the SA victims say in news reports that she was ridiculed in Tweed? No wonder another was reluctant to report a missing personal item to LE, as reported on the Fifth Estate.

How very thoughtful of him (note my sarcasm!). Imagine if he'd viewed his victims as humans, and worked towards minimizing his impact on THEM and their loved ones!! How desensitized he must be to be able to do these things!!

And his wife -- do we believe really that she didn't know of his actions?? I'm sure its possible, but I'm not sure I buy it yet.

He is definitely a very sick individual, there is no doubt about it.

As for his wife. my own opinion is that she did not know...he would been on base in Trenton, and she would have been in Ottawa, it seems that the didn't spend a lot of time together. Anything is possible. She could have thought something was "off" with her husband, though didn't really give it much thought. I posted this article the other day, though I'll post it again, why experts think she may not have known:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/876874--how-did-col-williams-wife-not-know

Of course it is always advisable to take the accused's word as gospel. Meanwhile, how many piles of evidence were torched?

What would be the purpose of lying? He freely admitted enough to get him a life sentence (and without a lawyer yet). He can't get more than that. He will never be paroled.

Call me naive, but if LE is satisfied, then so am I. This monster is going down and that's the bottom line.

JMO

Dan Robson reports:
Meghan and Erin, both 16, were warned by officers that today's evidence would be disturbing.
They were not happy. Their high school law teacher told them it would be a good opportunity-- a notorious case was going on just down the street. Perfect class trip.
They came to the courthouse with Erin's mother, Angela, who did not want her last name used.
"I was a little leery about letting her go," said Angela. "Now it's a definite no."
The girls had seen the pictures from Monday's hearing on TV, and had learned about the case by watching the CBC documentary on The Fifth Estate, they said.
It was frightening to know that Col. Williams had targeted girls younger than them, they said.
"As a mom I absolutely did not want them to come," Angela said. "I'm relieved. They're disappointed."
The girls tried promising they would leave it if got too graphic.
"We're strong and we know what our limits are," Meghan said. "The Fifth Estate told us everything and showed us pictures."
A TV cameraman piped in that he would call Child Services if the girls went in, because the content was so graphic.
The girls went back to their school, Nicholson Catholic College.
About an hour later Meghan was back, with another friend, Taylor.
Their teacher had told them to come back, because they have a right to be there.
The girls are waiting for lunch to get a seat because the courtrooms are full.

A TEACHER sent them BACK to hear the details?! WHY?! What purpose could this serve?? I highly doubt the teacher could stomach the details -- why send students?? I'd be complaining to the board!! Perhaps the teacher is NOT aware of the graphic nature of the crimes?? Shouldn't he/she be though if he/she is insisting on sending students there, despite media warning the kids NOT to attend? OMG this makes me mad!

I wonder if he was just a regular citizen, if he would have been stopped after the sexual assaults, didn't he leave DNA? I am not minimizing the sexual assaults, but at least those 2 woman were not murdered.I hope all the victims and their families sue him,he should not get 1 cent of his pension.

One last bit of editorial from me:

If Det-Sgt Smith (Smyth?) doesn't get a promotion, a medal, and sainthood for his incredible work on this case and on VS's, there is no complete justice.

JMO

A TEACHER sent them BACK to hear the details?! WHY?! What purpose could this serve?? I highly doubt the teacher could stomach the details -- why send students?? I'd be complaining to the board!! Perhaps the teacher is NOT aware of the graphic nature of the crimes?? Shouldn't he/she be though if he/she is insisting on sending students there, despite media warning the kids NOT to attend? OMG this makes me mad!

I thought the same thing and totally agree. IMO that teacher has s**t for brains. If I were those girls' mothers, I'd definitely complain to the principal and the board.

JMO

I think it's impossible that he only started acting on his impulses at 44! Probably, he had only started filming/documenting his crimes in 2007 and he knew this. They already had warrants to search both his homes. He likely decided to admit to the crimes that he knew they would find evidence for anyhow. He seems concerned about his wife; this might be another reason that he would elect not to admit to other behaviours/crimes that would not surface otherwise.

MOO

ETA - I hope the police have not stopped persuing a possible connection to him in the many other cases that remain unresolved.

3:50

CBC:
Amber Hildebrandt reports: "As of tomorrow, this court proceeding officially can be called a sentencing hearing. The judge has officially registered his finding of guilt.
The sentence of life imprisonment is expected."

3:50

CBC:
Amber Hildebrandt reports: "The confession tape will be played tomorrow. Then there will be victim impact statements. Crown attorney Lee Burgess says the original confession tape is 10.5 hours long. It has been edited down for viewing in court."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/10/19/williams-day-two-coveritlive.html

TimothyAppleby

The police interviews didn't end with Col. Williams' confession. He submitted to at least five other interviews, guiding the police through his intricate file folder system on his computer.

When he was asked by Det. Sgt Smyth whether he would have continued sex attacks had he not been arrested. The colonel replied: "It's a difficult question to answer." He then said he believed he would continue breaking into homes and stealing lingerie.

As to why he confessed, the colonel explained to police that he wanted to "minimize the impact" on his wife and minimize legal bills.

He also insisted he had committed no crimes before Sept. 2007, and agreed it was highly unusual to begin so late in life. He told police he had for many years had an obsession with women's underwea, which began in his 20s, but that he had been able to control himself

During another interview, he said he didnt want his father visiting him in jail.

There are currently believed to be no unsolved "cold cases" involving Col. Williams, Mr. Burgess also told the court.

Crown attorney Lee Burgess addresses some of the questions that people have raised in the press about whether there should have been better warnings to the public. He pointed out that, before the two attacks in Tweed, there was only one report of a break-in, and there was no indication that it was a fetish thief.

He called the police work "outstanding."

The judge has found Russell Williams guilty on all 88 charges. Court is to resume tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobil...=viewaltcast&altcast_code=e5293dee2c&start=18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73