TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed Karen's case and don't recall all these inconsistencies. But then again, that case remains unsolved.

I'm wondering why they had to get LE from Alabama to do a search? I realize they have horses but so does TES and perhaps TES has other equipment that can handle such remote areas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're actually doing ground searches rather than para gliders but wondering why not get experienced SAR teams with proper equipment? :waitasec:

This particular sheriff's unit has a good record, had the equipment, expertise, etc. They were asked to do the search. I would trust a trained agency like the DeKalb unit over a private bunch any day.

This particular sheriff's unit has a good record, had the equipment, expertise, etc. They were asked to do the search. I would trust a trained agency like the DeKalb unit over a private bunch any day.

Well ok then. Let's hope they found something. Anything to solve this case!

Very true! It is one thing to say there is evidence but then they elaborated with the "tagged with GPS and turned over to the TBI". Someone is not being truthful here and I have a feeling it is the TBI.

What are they hiding?

I dont think this case will be solved anytime soon! JMO

Only thing here is i do not believe TES would change their story like DeKalb did.
LE is LE! and changing their story made them look really bad its sad!
JMO

I do not for one second think its media reporting on all this now i understand why Media does not cover this!

jmo

I followed Karen's case and don't recall all these inconsistencies. But then again, that case remains unsolved.

I'm wondering why they had to get LE from Alabama to do a search? I realize they have horses but so does TES and perhaps TES has other equipment that can handle such remote areas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're actually doing ground searches rather than para gliders but wondering why not get experienced SAR teams with proper equipment? :waitasec:

That part of northern Alabama has some very remote wilderness areas where people get lost all the time. So I'm sure they have an excellent search team. I think it can only be a good thing that they are involved. I'm sure they have the proper equipment, but more importantly they are very professional.

I disagree, I don't believe its would be legal for LE "if" a piece of information where leaked that they didn't want leaked, for them to lie about the existance of the information/evidence...I think if that where the case you would something more like "We have no comment at this time..." or "We can not discuss an ongoing investigation.." Want I mean is that I think its legally shakey ground for public officials to knowingly lie to the public, and I doubt that they would.

Maybe not illegal, but certainly unprofessional, as well as unethical. Nine times out of ten it is the media who reports inaccurately. Even when they report something as a direct quote from LE, you can't be certain it is exact word-for-word. They will edit out words which could alter the whole meaning.

Only thing here is i do not believe TES would change their story like DeKalb did.
LE is LE! and changing their story made them look really bad its sad!
JMO

I do not for one second think its media reporting on all this now i understand why Media does not cover this!

jmo

Im not sure if its DeKalb changing anything or the TBI/Henderson/Darden LE. TES sure screwed things up here in FL with the Haleigh Cummings fiasco thats for sure when they tried to play cop and run an undercover investigation of their own

Im not sure if its DeKalb changing anything or the TBI/Henderson/Darden LE. TES sure screwed things up here in FL with the Haleigh Cummings fiasco thats for sure when they tried to play cop and run an undercover investigation of their own
Yes and thank you for saying that definitely needs to be repeated.

Is this the only case in tn where they have had multiple incorrect press releases?! They did not have any clarifications for Karen swift or Gail palmgren did they? The very first press release was revised several times for Holly. Dragged, pulled, guided, walked. And mom was there, mom wasn't there, etc?!

Spin~revise,rearrange edit,deny,redefine...twist & turn until the facts support your intended interpretation of the story and events. Anyone remember,"depends on your definition of "is"....MOO

Seems to be spreading...there is a "found not found evidence" dispute in Ailiyah's case now too...media changing what they previously wrote...good grief...

Yes, they got in way over their head in that case. I don't think you will see them involved like that in a case ever again. Tim Miller's Heart has always been in the right place. Things got ugly in the Casey Anthony case too. TES is private and they charge a fee. They also require a contract with LE. They will not work without LE consent and cooperation. I left after the searches for Tracy Ocasio wound down. I just can't hike the tropical terrain anymore. But as long as they stick to what they do best, which is Horse back searches, they are a top notch SAR team! jmo

I find it hard to believe that when the sheriff said this...

"Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days. Sheriff Harris says the unit was able to find several significant articles of evidence which they then tagged with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

"The TBI and other officials were impressed and pleased with the mounted unit’s tactics used to discover these crucial articles that will allow them to move forward with their investigation." Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a prepared release. "They are recognized as one of the top mounted units in the country."

...That it was " incorrect information in a press release". My bet is TBI didn't want this info released. WTH????

Please let them find Holly! :please:

JMHO~ MarlaMe

Sounds to me like Sheriff Harris is tooting his own horn here. Notice that he also throws in the fact that the TBI was impressed by his team's tactics, not what they actually found.

I'm glad to see something happening in the search for Holly and appreciate Sheriff Harris and his unit's efforts but I think the good Sheriff is probably making more of what they were able to accomplish than what it actually provided the TBI in terms of investigative evidence or leads. No shame in that though, we know that most searches turn up nothing.

And yes, the snakes are already out and about here in north Alabama. I had a corn snake outside my garage door this morning.

What ever happened to Holly hopefully being brought home by the end of the year (2011)?!

Sounds to me like Sheriff Harris is tooting his own horn here. Notice that he also throws in the fact that the TBI was impressed by his team's tactics, not what they actually found.

I'm glad to see something happening in the search for Holly and appreciate Sheriff Harris and his unit's efforts but I think the good Sheriff is probably making more of what they were able to accomplish than what it actually provided the TBI in terms of investigative evidence or leads. No shame in that though, we know that most searches turn up nothing.

And yes, the snakes are already out and about here in north Alabama. I had a corn snake outside my garage door this morning.

They can all toot their horns as loud as they like as long as it brings back Holly. In fact, it might be a good sign when they start taking their bows, might mean they're wrapping up the case....one can hope.

Just watching the Natalie Holloway docudrama on LMN. How frustrating it was for Beth and the family to try to get justice for Natalie! Wondering if in Holly's case, there are those that are covering for the person/persons responsible for her disappearance. Something tells me there is more than one person involved.

No legitimate search org toots their own horns and inserts themselves into cases. That is red flag 101 in the search world --- Plenty claim they don't come in unless LE calls them but in reality the high profile ones many gravitate to and will indeed insert themselves and claim otherwise . I am surprised nobody has dug enough to see that this Sheriff did toot his own horn. He was one of dozens of teams that were brought in from 11 states with more than 5 resources in SAR that were utilized on this search -Sheriff was called in by a national org who did not inset themselves into this case but were requested by top law officials. Calling outside mounted teams not in typical network is not uncommon when you can't fly a horse to a location. You would expect more from a sheriff department so one would think. Again, goes to show the professionalism of those who were indeed brought in --- 99.9 % of the other teams present who did not send out press releases. This sheriff has NO jurisdiction and this was indeed a toot my horn moment as I said earlier the other 99.9 % of teams did not press release themselves out in this type of fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado